Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb โ€˜17)

Re: Weekly Question Thread w/o 9/1

• Options
    Random question, and I am not trying to be snarky just genuinely curious: what's the appeal of the 1st tri board on TB?ย 
  • Options
    @keeksie84 Seems to me that the appeal is mostly in the Positive Pregnancy Test thread, and if you enjoy reading mild to moderate drama threads.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I havenโ€™t gone to a single board other than this one... ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    @keeksie84 I think it's more for the "casual bumpie" & it's where I wish a lot of our drive-bys WOULD post. It makes much more sense to ask a general question about being pregnant in one of the tri boards than to post a AW post in a community-centered board like this, just bc you are due in March. IDK what the "appeal" is, but for me, that's the purpose of all the tri-boards. I wish the difference between a community board and an anything-goes board like those could be somehow made more clear, but people go straight for the due date boards without thinking/analyzing the difference between them I guess.
  • Options
    Anyone use an all natural deodorant that they can recommend? I get a rash from mine.ย 

Last pregnancy, I eventually got used to the deodorant and stopped getting itchy rashes, but itโ€™s definitely worse this time.ย 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 |ย DS: 4/20/18ย 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 |ย EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @silverhope have you tried the love and planet line? Itโ€™s a target and itโ€™s good!
  • Options
    @zetuslapetus no, thank you! Iโ€™ll give it a shot!

• Options
    @silverhope I was obsessed with Megababe Rosy Pits but eventually got a rash from it too... worth checking out though!
  • Options
    @lemonlove86 thank you!ย 

• Options
    Is anyone switching out bras? I havenโ€™t transitioned to maternity clothes yet, but my boobs are killing me. I feel like I just cannot do underwire much longer. I canโ€™t remember what I did last time, but I feel like I just switched to nursing bras in the third tri? Are โ€œmaternity brasโ€ a thing?ย 
  • Options
    @silverhope I love my primally pure deodorant.ย 
  • Options
    I too have been waiting on maternity clothes (I feel like I'm not quite showing yet, and just look like I've been eating too many baked goods) but am beginning to suffer in bras. Especially sports bras.ย 
  • Options
    @jenEP thank you for the rec!

• Options
    @kantobean Most maternity bras I've seen are also nursing bras, and I have busted mine out at home but not at work yet. Have you ever shopped Kindred Bravely? They have lots of options for all sizes:ย 

https://www.kindredbravely.com/collections/nursing-bras?gclid=CjwKCAjwnrjrBRAMEiwAXsCc40K3bFJGZZ3U9AvaDBjuzcfOsDo-lzXIbej2PiNVij3XgzEyLJNbXxoCwQ0QAvD_BwE
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020ย 

• Options
    Thanks @EmilyLove25! Iโ€™ll check it out.
  • Options
    @kantobean I too am in pain from my wire bras.ย  I switched to my lace bralette's.ย  They don't have wires and are very comfy.ย  Target carries a few different kinds.ย  Hope you find comfort ;).
  • Options
    I havenโ€™t purchased one myself by Knixwear is supposed to be amazing, they have a maternity line (and their campaign is amazing!) Iโ€™m going to grab one when o need a nursing bra.

im wearing my brackets for now. I said buy to underwire a long time ago!
  • Options
    grgagrga member
    edited September 2019
    Let's talk about sex. I'm so paranoid to doย  it. We attempted once but I couldn't get into it. I know the baby will be ok but I just feel so awkward. Then other times I'm like yeah, it's going happen tonight! Then I do not follow through, it's like a switch just turns off...
  • Options
    @grga I'm all for talking about sex!ย  I'm sorry to hear you're not wanting it much, but I think that's pretty common.ย  ย I think sex can be tricky for a lot of pregnant women, either physically uncomfortable or emotionally sensitive.ย  I am on the opposite spectrum, oddly.ย  My libido has NEVER been so intense and my poor partner is probably tired of having sex.. but we do it basically every day (sometimes twice), lol.ย  I just crave it for some reason.ย  I've only had to have him stop once because I could feel him hitting my cervix and it was totally uncomfortable, otherwise I cannot get enough sexytimes and it is almost out of control!
  • Options
    For all of you asking about bras I super recommend coobies. Theyโ€™re super comfy and cute. I live in them. I mostly stopped wearing underwire bras about two years ago. Plus coobies are stretchy and can be used as a pulldown nursing bra also.ย 
  • Options
    @Malidocious lol. Thatโ€™s a lot of sexy time!! Iโ€™m jealous of your energy. I want it a lot but donโ€™t usually have the energy to follow through. Plus H works so late most nights that Iโ€™m in bed or asleep by the time heโ€™s home. He isnโ€™t into it later in the pregnancy though so we gotta get it in now.ย 
  • Options
    @miss.sally I think we will definitely slow down as I start to get bigger and bigger.ย  He and I are both first timers to this experience, so I'm just letting my hormones lead the way right now!ย ย  :Dย 
  • Options
    @grga I feel you 100%. I need to do something, because I can tell DH is getting frustrated. My mindset just changes from conception-at least the first year of breastfeeding. I just don't think about it or want it. BUT I did read on my pregnancy app that a woman's sex drive increases in the second trimester, so maybe that will help you!

@Malidocious My husband would be SO jealous of your husband!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020ย 

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 if this helps at all, Iโ€™m pretty sure pregnancy orgasms are like... times 1000 of regular ones. At least for most women I know. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
  • Options
    @grga Not to be TMI but before pregnancy the DH and I had sex all the time lol now it's pretty much non-existent. I just don't have the energy or nor am I craving it lol He just feels weird about it even after the OB at my last appt. looked at him directly and said it's safe to have sex. We are total newbies when it comes to all the pregnancy stuff so I am guessing this is normal. Like @EmilyLove25 I read that your sex drive increases with the 2nd trimester so hopefully it does.ย 
  • Options
    @grga we are also in a rut right now, I just donโ€™t feel in the mood being nauseous and exhausted all the time. I try to throw DH a bone once in a while but Iโ€™m sure he wishes it were more. Come on 2nd tri energy.ย 

@miss.sally ugh I feel ripped off, my pregnancy orgasms are not nearly as good as usual and by 3rd trimester pretty much donโ€™t happen. Or at least that was the case last time ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ข
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb โ€˜17)

• Options
    @grga (and others) you are not alone! We have barely done it since finding out Iโ€™m pregnant. My โ€œswitchโ€ has basically been off since that day, too. I feel guilty but it is the furthest thing from my mind! Or Iโ€™m too exhausted to even think about putting in the required energy.ย 

@Malidocious you go girl! Hopefully I can channel some of that soon.ย 

I sure hope I get this 2nd trimester Magic that you experienced mamas refer to!ย 
  • Options
    @grga +1 for no sexy time! We literally have not done it since finding out I was pregnant! And normally if Iโ€™m not in the mood or tired I can please him with oral. But uhm thatโ€™s not happening when Iโ€™m nauseous and exhausted either lol I feel so bad bc itโ€™s the longest we have ever gone without some kind of pleasure. Hoping things get better decks trimester! Good to know ur sex drive is suppose to increase cause right now itโ€™s at a big fat never lol
  • Options
    I'm currently in my computer chair balanced on my right hip with my knees bunched up to my chest and feet resting on the seat. I acknowledge that this sort of positioning will be impossible when I have a large belly, luckily that day has not yet come to pass. I hate sitting up straight and am dreading having to do so.
    I am wondering if crunching my abdomen like this is bad for the baby somehow though.

• Options
    @mauvelousone, it's probably not effecting baby at all. If you're not uncomfortable in that position, that I highly doubt neither is baby. There will come a day that you are, so enjoy it while it lasts. ๐Ÿ˜‰