April 2020 Moms

STM+ Check In September

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?

Any questions/concerns?

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM+ Check In September

• EDD/Weeks + Days: April 22nd according to LMP

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 9

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He is amazing! We are currently deciding when to tell him the big news. 

Any questions/concerns? Slowly getting out of the shock state and embracing this journey. 

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? Baby will be born 3 months before DS turns 10 and I am very nervous. I feel like they will have nothing in common and by the time baby’s old enough to “play” DS will not be interested. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/14 according to LMP

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Doing good. He wants to be very independent right now. Struggling a little with some middle of the night wake ups. Not sure if it's molars coming in or the fact that he's in a toddler bed now.

Any questions/concerns?
    Anyone else with a 2 yr old planning on potty training before baby comes? I'm terrified of potty training, but I've given us a deadline of March to potty train.

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? They will 2.5 yrs apart. I think it will be good. A friend with a sister 2.5 yrs younger than him was telling us it was a great age gap since they are still close, but are far enough apart to have their own group of friends.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Kathryn0903 we used the Oh Crap method and she picked it up really quick. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/30 5w3d

She is being really sweet sweet these days (mixed in with huge emotional outbursts)

Any questions/concerns?

TW miscarriage
    We’re holding off telling her because on my miscarriage history. I really want her to have a sibling. 

They’ll be 3yrs apart and I think it will be just perfect for us. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: April 28, 6ish weeks

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 14 months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Being a typical toddler lol. He's just started walking so that's fun. Obviously no understanding of having a sibling

Any questions/concerns? Just hoping he gets over his hitting phase before LO comes

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? 22 months. It's pretty much what we were aiming for so we're happy about it. My brother and I are 2.5 years apart and pretty close. DH and his brother are 8 years apart and that was definitely too far for him to be very close to his brother.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/6 8+6

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 2.5

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He’s the besssssst. So smart and funny. 

Any questions/concerns? Mostly I worry that #2 won’t be as easy as #1. My kid is a dream. 

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? 3y2m. We feel great about the age gap. 

@Kathryn0903 we also used Oh Crap and it went great! We PT at the end of July, when he was just shy of 2.5. I had JUST found out that I was KU and I’m SUPER grateful that we did it before the MS hit. He’s been accident-free at home since day 3. Still has the occasional accident at school, but I feel like that is super not my problem. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 6w2d

SD is 6, DD1 is 3.5, DD2 is 11 months 

SD is a great albeit high energy kid, DD1 is the sweetest stubbornest kid ever, and DD2 is the craziest, never sits still and is always smiling  

Any questions/concerns?  Nope 

DD2 and this LO will be just about 19 months apart.  I’m terrified to have two under two! Especially at 37.  Am I too old for this!?! Aaaahhhhh

@NiceyMeany not to scare you but DD1 was super easy too and DD2 is not difficult per se but she’s a handful. We joked if she was the first she would be an only child. 
  • ruby_loveruby_love member
    edited September 2019
    @Kathryn0903 Thanks for updating all of the threads!! 

EDD/Weeks + Days: April 8 | 8w4d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 4,3,1

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Trying to start the weaning process with baby #3 and she just doesn’t seem ready at all. Going to take a break and try again. 

Any questions/concerns? Not right now. 

Oldest with be 5, son will be 4, and youngest will be 19 months. We wanted our children close together but the thing that is the most fun is that I will have my four seasons! Not planned at all, but each baby was (or will be) born in a different season. 🤗
    🌱🌻🍂🌲
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: April 7, 8+5

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 10.5 months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He’s great - he just started walking this past week! He’s also been teething, and finally cut his top two middle teeth, so he’s much happier

Any questions/concerns? Nursing at night is a challenge. When he’s doing these big developments, he wakes more and wants to comfort nurse for a half hour or more, and my nipples can’t handle it :(

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? Pretty much 18 months to the day, if this one were to come on my EDD. We’re excited, it wasn’t planned but we’re so happy they are so close together, but will also be two years apart in school, so they can be friends but not have the same friend group. 
  • @KFrob as an easy first child who herself had a terror younger sibling, I am welllllll aware of what a nightmare I could be walking into! My only hope is that #2 takes after my sweet, easygoing husband!
  • @niceymeany I think I was the easy first child too!
  • babybisonbabybison member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Not quite sure. Around 4/21? I O'd later than the LMP would date.

21 months this week.

He's awesome. We've entered the "screaming in a store" phase. 

Any questions/concerns?
    🙋🙋 Same about potty training. We're waiting to start until he shows signs of more readiness, and also until the upstairs bathroom is done being reno'd. I've never heard of this Oh Crap method, but I'm for sure going to look it up!

A little less than 2.5. I like the gap! I wanted them closer but the timing didn't work out. 

Edit: spelling
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/11. 8+1

How old is/are your other kid(s)? He will be 2 on 9/18. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He’s in a really fun stage. He’s learning so much all the time and he loves showing off his new words. 

Any questions/concerns?
    I’m going to join in on the potty training train. We are planning to wait until after our trip to Disney in November before we push it. We figure a half potty-trainer kid would be worse on the trip than one in diapers. Plus, he’s really not showing signs of readiness yet. 

Almost exactly 2.5 years. It’s pretty great. My brother’s kids are 23 months apart and get along well now, but they did have issues at the beginning and the kids are only going to be one year apart in school it looks like due to two summer birthdays. My SIL’s kids are 5 years apart and that seems like too much of a gap because my nephew was just too used to being an only child and can’t handle it. I really like the birthdays being about 6 months apart. That will work nicely. Plus, my kids will be 2 years apart in school, which is preferred. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/13, 8 weeks

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is just over 2.5

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He's going through a lot of development lately. He's sweet and talkative but struggles with aggression around other kids.

Any questions/concerns? Definitely concerned about how he'll handle the new baby.

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? 3 years and a few months. I'm happy about it, I had always thought I'd want them closer together but I'm glad DS will be a little bit older.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/25 or 6 weeks, 2 days

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS will be 3 at the end of this month

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Sometimes he's an angel, sometimes he's a monster. We've been potty training for awhile and recently put it on hold when he transferred to a new school. Now that he's settled in, we thought the 3-day weekend would be the perfect time to try the "potty train in 3 days" method. The hardest part is getting through naps and bedtime. We've been doing a lot of laundry. 

Any questions/concerns? DS has been acting out aggressively lately and we're trying to nip it in the bud before #2 arrives. We can't have him throwing things when there's an infant in the room! I'm also concerned that he'll never be potty trained. I think it's normal to feel like every tough stage will never end. I'm just glad he still takes naps!

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? 3.5 years. I really didn't want them to be that far apart, but I'm warming up to the idea. I'm hoping this means DS will be easier to handle by the time #2 starts getting into things. But, who knows!

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: April 14/15

How old is/are your other kid(s)? Son turned 4 in June

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He's doing great! I mostly feel bad right now because I haven't been feeling well (nausea) and I injured myself this weekend, so he's not getting a lot of quality Mom time.

Any questions/concerns?

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? They'll be a little less than 5 years apart. It's a little more than I was hoping for (my ideal was 4), but we'll have basically no daycare overlap (very good for our budget) and I'm excited that our son will be old enough to be helpful with the little one. I know that may be very hit or miss, but I think he'll like being a helper. 
  • @mercury94 ahh! I love Disney! We took DS for his first birthday. So much fun exciting things to plan and experience 😊
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:
    April 27/6 weeks. Although I fully intend to have this kid in May, so my kid's bdays aren't too close. 

13yo DS (bday April 29)(same baby daddy)

We just told him last week since I've been feeling really sick lately. He knew we were trying and seems indifferent. 

Any questions/concerns?
    Sometimes I question if DH and I are truly ready to start all over with the baby stage. We haven't changed a diaper in over a decade!

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap
    They will be 14 years apart, which is ridiculous and makes me laugh. However, I really enjoy the idea of basically having 2 only children.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: EDD is 4/30 based on LMP

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 5

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He is the best!  He starts kindergarten on Wednesday and is a bit nervous.  He has been having some separation anxiety over the past month.  We have not told him yet as this pregnancy is so new.  (And because 5 year olds aren’t very good at keeping secrets)!! 

Any questions/concerns?

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? DS will be 6 when this baby is born and while the age gap is a bit larger, I think it will be great!  (Also we really could not have afforded 2 kids in daycare)! 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 5+6, 4/30/20

How old is/are your other kid(s)?: 6 and 13 months (both girls)

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?: 6 year old is great! Just started first grade and loving it. 13 month old is teething horribly but doing well considering. We haven’t told my 6 year old I’m expecting again.

Any questions/concerns?: 2 under 2! 

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap?: oldest will be 7 when this baby is born, youngest will be 21 months. I’m scared. Lol
  • @Kathryn0903 We also used the oh crap method with my daughter just after she turned 2 and it worked well. We ran into some issues with her being really anxious about it for a few days but we pushed through and it is really nice having a potty trained toddler now. She even started preschool last week full time and no accidents!

@babybison Definitely look up the oh crap method. The signs of readiness are not what you would expect and unless your 21 month old is very delayed in development, he is ready now. I honestly wish we had PT'd sooner than we did, and would have had I read the book sooner!

@mercury94 Just want to echo what I said previously about readiness. "Readiness" doesn't look like what you would expect. As long as your kid has a general idea of where things go (like toys and such) they are ready for potty training. A kid doesn't have to actually show interest in using the potty to be ready to be taught to use the potty. For a lot of kids, using a potty doesn't even register since they don't even understand what it is at all. That being said, definitely wait until after your Disney trip, you don't need that added stress for yourself!

EDD/Weeks + Days: April 4th, 9w2d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD is 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She's doing great! She started preschool last week and is absolutely LOVING it.

Any questions/concerns? Since this is my first time being pregnant while having another kid, this is new to me. DD is very climb-y and rough with me sometimes. Also likes to be held a lot. It's physically draining. I'm hoping this isn't bad for the baby because I definitely rested a LOT more than this with my first pregnancy.

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? DD will be 2 months short of turning 3. I think it will be a good age gap and I'm excited!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @krystalkmh DS is 14 months so 2 under 2 is definitely something I'm a bit worried about too
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • EDD- 4/26 How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS-10 DD-7 DS-5
    How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Any questions/concerns?
    We haven’t told our kids yet. We’re hoping to once we have an ultrasound in the next couple of weeks.
    We have a pretty large gap and haven’t had that before so it’s going to be interesting, but I really feel like they’re all going to share a pretty incredible bond.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/29

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 2.5 and almost 5

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? My girls are at a fun age right now. My oldest starts preschool this week! We are holding off on telling them until we see a healthy bean on the ultrasound (which isn’t until 13 weeks)

Any questions/concerns? With my previous pregnancies I dealt with debilitating nausea that lasted until birth. It has already started and I’m very anxious about how to deal with it. 

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? When baby comes, my girls will be 3 and 5.5. I feel okay about the age gap. 
  • stumptownmamastumptownmama member
    edited September 2019
    @Kathryn0903 totally doable. Like @susykat77, we followed Oh Crap and started a month or two before their 2nd birthdays. I was pregnant when I potty trained my first and I am SO glad I did it when I did. 

Edit- wrong tag 
  • We tried to potty train DD1 while I was pregnant with DD2 a couple of times.  Then it got so close to the baby coming that the pedi suggested waiting since there would probably be a regression.  DD1 is so stubborn she had to decided to do it on her own and one day while I was on maternity leave she decided it was the day.  She was so nonchalant about it.     
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:
    April 28
    K turned 3 in july and G turned 1 in june.
    K is in the threenager stage, the other night at bedtime he told me to get out of his room before I started the night routine. I was shocked and tried not to laugh because he's never said that to me before. G is just starting to walk and is getting both his bottom molars.
    Any questions/concerns?
    Not at the moment
    My boys are 23 months apart. My youngest and this baby will be 22 months apart. I'm a little nervous to have 2 toddlers and a baby but I think the gap is nice because when they get older they can play together hopfully!
  • @melly204 the threenager stage is KILLING me!!  There are definitely times I have to turn away or leave the room because I’m laughing 
  • Question: when do I have to get my toddler to stop sitting on my belly? Right now it makes me have to pee, but I'm guessing eventually it isn't healthy?

• @babybison When I was pregnant with my second I would pick up my first and hold him up with my tummy near the end of my pregnancy. I remember it getting pretty uncomfortable but nothing too bad.
  • @babybison ehhhh it’s probably not going to cause a problem. Your toddler should probably not use you for speedbag practice, but for the most part, whatever is comfortable for you is probably fine. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: April 14, 9W3D 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 4 and DD is almost 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Great! My son is so excited and my daughter has no clue. They are both at a fun age. 

Any questions/concerns? Nope. 

How far apart will your kids be? How do you feel about the age gap? DS will be 4.5 and DD will be 2.5. I’m really excited about the age gap, I feel like my son will love being a big helper. DD will be about the same age (a little older) as her brother was when we brought her home and it was a great age gap. Enough independence but also a helper. She’s such a little mama though so I have a feeling she will be more hands on than he was. He would ask to hold her then push her off when he was done after about 30 seconds lol 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @Kathryn0903 late to the thread but we fully planned on potty training DS before DD arrived but he just wasn’t there in the readiness department. We actually waited until he was three and it was easy. Besides extra diaper cost, wasn’t awful having two in diapers. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• EDD/Weeks + Days: April 25th 8w3d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Brilliantly. She is the light of my life.

Any questions/concerns? I've had bleeding on and off since 7w3d. Red blood. But my ultrasound was apparently flawless. 

They will be 2 years and 7 months apart. I feel good about that gap. I live in Canada so I will get a year at home with them and I am so excited about that!