Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Are Questions Allowed?

Here's the description of the board: "Welcome to TTGP! You’ve come to the right place to talk about everything from cycle-tracking, tips and tricks for getting pregnant, and connecting with others during your Two-Week Wait. Got a BFP? Congratulations! Please join your Birth Month Club and visit The Bump Message Boards to find topics that interest you."

I only lurked, but it seems that lots of questions aren't met with enthusiasm.  I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm truly curious.  I wanted to contribute (answering other to the best of my ability and perhaps wanted to ask a question about tracking), but I honestly wasn't sure how that would go down.  So, I pretty much stayed quiet. My question is, are questions really welcome?

Re: Are Questions Allowed?

• Options
    jrouge12jrouge12 member
    edited August 2019
    Hi! Welcome! Questions are welcome but one off (or drive by) posts are not. Most people ask their questions in the Daily or Weekly threads. Definitely introduce yourself in the newbie thread. From there jump into the other ones that fit. Are you WTO (Waiting to Ovulate)? You can post questions there but also get to know the others here. After you ovulate hop into the TWW (Two week wait) and ask your questions/post and respond with others. Are you TFAS (Trying for a Second) or you're on a journey to figure out IF (Infertility). Maybe you need support in TTCAL (trying to conceive after loss)? You'll find it here. Join in on those that fit. Not sure where you fit? Ask in the Newbie thread. If everyone just started a thread for themselves it would be hard to follow. 

Have a question you think hasn't been answered and want to just post a unique thread? Search the board first. It probably has come up already. 

ETA A thread I left out
  • Options
    Hi, Welcome to the board! Questions are allowed, but we like to keep things organized here, so one-off posts aren’t allowed here as it clutters up the board.  These questions aren’t met with enthusiasm because we are a community, not some random person’s personal google. We ask that questioned get asked under the appropriate thread: WTO (waiting to ovulate), TWW (two week wait) or Chart stalk/questions (for questions specifically about charting.) It is not allowed to ask questions about whether you may or may not be pregnant. 
    I recommend that you intro under the newbie thread and keep lurking.. read the Ultimate TTGP guide and The Bump Guidelines.. then jump in when you feel ready! This is a wonderful community where we give and get support. 

Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your responses.  Honestly, I learned a lot with the little lurking I did.  Organizing threads makes sense and of course, the board isn't google.  I used the search feature a lot, which may be why I came across some interesting threads.  Maybe I came on not so great days, but I could swear I saw someone getting rather unpleasant responses multiple times in the last couple of months.  As an outsider, at times it came across as harsh.  I read all the "read here first thread" and was lurking to try and see if I could figure out what was going on.   

Again, I thank everyone.  I was just trying to understand the expectations.  I'm wishing all of you the best.  Maybe I'll see some familiar names on some other boards.    
  • Options
    lizm1234 said:
    Here's the description of the board: "Welcome to TTGP! You’ve come to the right place to talk about everything from cycle-tracking, tips and tricks for getting pregnant, and connecting with others during your Two-Week Wait. Got a BFP? Congratulations! Please join your Birth Month Club and visit The Bump Message Boards to find topics that interest you."

I only lurked, but it seems that lots of questions aren't met with enthusiasm.  I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm truly curious.  I wanted to contribute (answering other to the best of my ability and perhaps wanted to ask a question about tracking), but I honestly wasn't sure how that would go down.  So, I pretty much stayed quiet. My question is, are questions really welcome?
    lizm1234 said:
    Thank you for your responses.  Honestly, I learned a lot with the little lurking I did.  Organizing threads makes sense and of course, the board isn't google.  I used the search feature a lot, which may be why I came across some interesting threads.  Maybe I came on not so great days, but I could swear I saw someone getting rather unpleasant responses multiple times in the last couple of months.  As an outsider, at times it came across as harsh.  I read all the "read here first thread" and was lurking to try and see if I could figure out what was going on.   

Again, I thank everyone.  I was just trying to understand the expectations.  I'm wishing all of you the best.  Maybe I'll see some familiar names on some other boards.    
    Other boards? Wait...did you get your BFP and then decide to come out of the woodwork and lecture us? 
  • Options
    lizm1234lizm1234 member
    edited August 2019
    Where do you see a lecture?   I don't post a lot and assumed I would be on other boards, hence the I might see you around.  I'm in the TWW right now.  

***I left this instead of deleting.  Sorry for duplicates.  I'm still trying to learn how to reply and quote.****

• Options
    lizm1234lizm1234 member
    edited August 2019
    I think I replied in the wrong spot.  If it seems like a lecture, that wasn't my intention.  I was really curious and confused as to what was going on.  I truly didn't understand and thanked people for clearing things up.  Also, I got a lot of resources on helpful books and sites and wanted to say thanks.  

Yikes, now I realize what I did wrong.  I'm gonna try and delete the other post so as not to duplicate.  Also, as I said before, I'm in the TWW.  
  • Options
    bows22 said:
    @lizm1234 oh you mean other threads, not boards. I’m sorry. 

I would just reserve your judgment for after you have been around for awhile. We all interact daily and are friends. Anyone who is here to give support as well as receive it is more than welcome to join. People who want to come and make one post that only benefits them (and that usually breaks the TOU) are the only ones that receive the not so warm reception.

bows22, yes I meant other threads.  I appreciate you and others explaining what was going on.  It wasn't apparent to me until you ladies cleared it up.

I also wasn't meaning to sound like I will never be around or that I had graduated.  It's just that I start back up at work and know I probably won't be around too much (especially in September).  Now knowing the situation, I feel confident that I can hopefully contribute in a positive manner when the time is right.  
  • Options
    @lizm1234 A number of us are about to "start back up at work"  :D
  • Options
    @jrouge12 not gonna lie, I’m slightly concerned that the boards are going to bed dead once you are all back to school. So many teachers!
  • Options
    @bows22 I'll still be around. Won't be as active on the dailies, but I'll be here. My gifs will be, too. ;)
  • Options
    bows22 said:
    @jrouge12 not gonna lie, I’m slightly concerned that the boards are going to bed dead once you are all back to school. So many teachers!

I'm trying to convince myself this is the year my life won't be taken over in the beginning of the year.  I say that every year, and it never works out. 
  • Options
    @bows22 I'm a prolific procrastinator! Next week is all meetings and professional development! I'll be here!! 
  • Options
    jrouge12 said:
    @lizm1234 A number of us are about to "start back up at work"  

Good luck!  I hope you have a stress free beginning of year.  
  • Options
    @lizm1234 Good luck to you too! There will always be stress but it does get easier.