Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Weekend 8/31-9/1

bows22bows22 member
edited August 2019 in Trying to Get Pregnant

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Weekend 8/31-9/1

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingermama29 have so much fun at the lake house! I’ve heard of the ring of fire at the Finger Lakes, is that where you are going? I’m sure they do it other places though 
  • Options
    @ttcbabyodo if you don't test this morning, I might die.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: CD 21 or 22 (unsure). 

Timing: 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 (or all those +1 if I'm off by a day)

Typical LP length: idk but my period is very regular; every 28-30 d

Testing: Dying right now, but trying to wait til Monday.

R/R: Have all of my normal "week before my period" symptoms (ravenous, crampy, weird nipple stuff lol sorry tmi), so I'm not hopeful. Obviously, some part of me is like "but those could also be pregnancy symptoms..." but the more rational part of me knows symptoms really don't start that early. 

CS/Q: None.

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    @saladflambe oh, the TWW symptom spotting train. We all ride it! Good luck testing on Monday!

@jrouge12 sorry you're not feeling well. I usually get a cold mid-September too and it's the worst! Hope you feel better soon!

@gingermama29 that ring of fire sounds beautiful! And now the Johnny Cash song is stuck in my head. 🤣

@bows22 it sounds like you have a great weekend planned! Happy birthday to your dad. :) 
  • Options
    @bows22 actually we are going to the Finger Lakes! Have you ever been? There are some amazing wineries around there!

@jrouge12 ugh getting sick is the worst! I hope you feel better soon!

@emeraldduchess sounds like a nice relaxing night!! Enjoy! And now that song is stuck in my head too. 🤣

• Options

@bows22 Your weekend sounds really fun! Enjoy the game today. 

@gingermama29 That sounds so cool! Have fun! 

@jrouge12 Hope you get some rest and feel better soon. 

@emeraldduchess I admire your restraint on waiting for betas. Hope it’s short wait for you! 

@saladflambe the TWW makes me crazier and crazier with each passing month. Good luck holding out until Monday!

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo if you don't test this morning, I might die.

LOL I did. 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @tyrion_ so glad it looks like the hurricane will miss Florida! What a relief for you!!
  • Options
    @jrouge12 I’m sorry about the cold! But you’re right, it will be much easier to recover now. Hope you have a restful weekend!

@emeraldduchess I agree with you on O day, I’m sure FF is just confused because of your missed temp. What kind of takeout are you getting? 

@tyrion_ thats great news about the hurricane!

@gingermama29 we went to canandaigua about 4 years ago I think? It was around this time, at the end of the summer. We loved it but it hasn’t worked out to go back since 
  • Options
    @saladflambe SS is so rough! I did too much of it last cycle before I started temping. Having the clearer O date helps but I'm still antsy for any sign!! :s  Hopefully you can distract yourself this weekend! FX for a Monday test. 

@emeraldduchess Thanks! Enjoy the wine!! And the Netflix! I'll be watching a lot of Netflix too. 

@tyrion_ I'm glad the hurricane outlook is better for you!

@gingermama29 I love the Finger Lakes! They are a couple hour drive for us but we've definitely sampled the wines a few times! Enjoy!

@bows22 Thank you!

• Options
    @bows22 we're getting pizza and salad from our favorite place. Most of the time I make pizza at home, so takeout is a treat. We both love and miss Chinese food, but the last time we got it our tummies were upset for days. :( 

@jrouge12 I am going to try to convince DH to watch a few comedy stand up specials on Netflix. We have different tastes in movies and TV, but comedy we can usually agree on. 

@tyrion_ I am so relieved for you that Dorian isn't going to hit as hard as they thought. I am able to restrain myself for betas because it's my RE's recommendation to wait and I feel like even if I don't admit to testing with a FRER, she'll know and I'll feel guilty.  I swear it's the Catholic upbringing. ;)

• Options
    @emeraldduchess DH will sometimes make DASH diet friendly pizza at home and its good but it does make takeout pizza taste even better haha! We are also on a Chinese food hiatus for the same reason, but found a Thai place recently that we love. 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess That catholic guilt is so real! I totally understand. 
  • Options
    @bows22 I think our tummy issues were from the specific foods we order: crab Rangoon, chicken fingers, and garlic noodles. It's just too much grease. DH can't even eat 5 Guys burgers and fries anymore because of that, too. We normally eat pretty healthy, so I think when we eat that stuff our bodies get angry. Sometimes I miss the college days when we could basically eat whatever. 
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: CD 22 or 23 (unsure). 

Timing: 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 (or all those +1 if I'm off by a day)

Typical LP length: idk but my period is very regular; every 28-30 days

Testing: I am a speshul snowflayke and tested this morning. BFN of course. Telling myself I should now wait til Tuesday or Wednesday. And also that of course I'm not going to be pregnant this cycle - snowflake.

R/R: I'm grumpy.

CS/Q: None.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• Options
    @saladflambe Sorry about the BFN. It could still be early tho. I'm over here at 6DPO not taking anything to relieve my cold symptoms because just maybe... :s
  • Options
    @saladflambe sorry for the BFN. I would definitely say it's too early based on average cycle length. If this isnt your cycle (which I hope it is), I highly recommend tracking O. You will learn a lot about your body. Also, checkout countdowntopregancy for stats on pregnancy tests based on dpo. Assuming you have a 14 day lp you could potentially only be about 8 dpo based on cycle length, which has an 82% false negative.
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    saladflambesaladflambe member
    edited September 2019
    @jrouge12 @millpe oh yes, it's super early. I intentionally didn't temp this cycle, because I'm trying to not be obsessive. Not temping did not make me less obsessive though lol.

I actually think I may have ovulated closer to the 17th or 18th day in my cycle, which would make this way too early to test (5-6dpo) - silly me. But still good timing. I'm glad we chose to try again on the 18th day! 

Like I said. Snowflake of speshulness lol

• Options
    And @jrouge12 I have all the things crossed for you :) This waiting game is so hard. 

• Options
    @saladflambe Thank you! Although the site @millpe shared has me convinced to wait until October to test. 
  • Options
    @jrouge12 You're probably joking, but that's exactly what I am trying to do.  My fiance and I talked it out and decided to just ... not test.  At least, not until AF is way late, like maybe until late September.  Who knows if I'll have the willpower to follow through with this plan, but I'm hoping it's better than the manic twice-a-day pee stick routine I did last time.  Also, sorry about the cold.  That sucks.

@saladflambe I feel you on how not temping doesn't make you less obsessive, it just gives you less data to obsess about!  I think that'll probably be what happens with me not testing this cycle; instead of obsessing about evap lines I'll obsess about phantom symptoms.  
  • Options
    right...like if I'd temped, I'd know how many DPO I was, so I wouldn't test at ~5dpo like a loon

• Options
    Wait @jrouge12 you're 6dpo but waiting til october to test?! 

• Options
    @millpe I’m sorry I didn’t see your update until now! I hope camping was fun. “I should probably get things done around the house” is what I keep saying to myself also but it doesn’t seem to happen
  • Options
    @saladflambe Haha! No no, I was totally joking, but I'd certainly be sure if AF was late by then! 
  • Options
    So, question - is anyone allowed to start the WTO/TWW threads, or do we wait for @bows22 to start them?

• Options
    @saladflambe anyone can definitely start them. I just wake up at 5 during the week and usually start them to procrastinate getting out of bed 😂