edited August 2019 in April 2020 Moms
EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Inspired by car shopping! What do you drive? Love it or hate it?

Re: Group 3: April 17-24 Check-in. Week of 8/26

• EDD/W+D: April 23 based on LMP. 5W5D
    Based on O I’ll probably eventually move to around 4/26 but going with the 23rd for now.

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Definitely finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): black peppercorn

Upcoming appts: My OB like to confirm pregnancy with a sono between 6-8 weeks. Mine is a little later to accommodate my and FI’s schedule at almost 9 weeks on 9/18

How are you feeling?: Way better than I was my first two. I haven’t thrown up yet! Some queasiness, tired, and heartburn. But overall I don’t think the worst of 1st fro has set in for me yet.

Rants/Raves: I’m so excited, my brother announced that for some reason they’re now unable to have alcohol at his wedding on 9/7. My family are big drinkers so avoiding it would have been a recurring issue all night (I don’t want to tell family until after his wedding). 

Questions: 

Currently I have a 2012 Kia Soul. I actually love my little soul, it is so roomy for such a small car. But, due to some unfortunate accidents, it just keeps coming up with more to repair. I’m in the market for something safer ASAP!
  • EDD/W+D: 4/24, 5w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): pencil eraser 

Upcoming appts:
    Sept 10th.  Just found out my Dr now does the dating U/S at the confirmation appt now too so pretty excited to get a look at baby 

How are you feeling?:
    I have symptoms that come and go which makes me nervous *TW* I had a previous loss where I knew something was wrong and barely had symptoms *end TW*.  I'm pretty exhausted all the time, waves of nausea, I think some boob pain might be starting (but I was also still weaning from EPing when we conceived and joke that my boobs are tired and just kinda like meh, this again), cramps here and there, the occasional hardcore tooth brush gag. 

Rants/Raves: DH.  He's pretty much the best.  His excitement and motivation surrounding this pregnancy is amazing and he's already willing to anything that's going to make me happy (which is normal but when pregnant he really goes above and beyond) 

Questions: 

I drive a 2015 Rouge.  I do really like it!  My only complaint is I feel like the headrest sits at a weird spot and when I have my hair up it make me lean forward slightly.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @amber2718 Thank goodness for having the pressure of not drinking taken away!  Every time DH and I get invited to a wedding I end up pregnant. We've only been to one together where I haven't been.  We have a wedding to attend on Oct 5th and I'm praying I still fit in the dress I'm planning on wearing.   
  • EDD/W+D: April 19th - 6 weeks 2 days 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: we choose the gender through IVF - team Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Maine Blueberry app says 

Upcoming appts: had my ultrasound and blood work this morning - saw baby and heartbeat 

How are you feeling?: exhausted and baby bump is big already 

Rants/Raves: sooooo beyond tired hard to function daily to work all day 

Questions: 

GTKY: Inspired by car shopping! What do you drive? Love it or hate it? I have a Honda CRV. We looked into getting a bigger SUV as we have 3 older children from previous marriages. But can’t really afford a new one right now and just finished paying off the Honda. Great SUV but looking for a bigger SUV now 
  • EDD/W+D: April 24th/5 weeks 4 days. Same as @KFrob!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Definitely finding out! I'm too much of a planner to not know.

Baby is the size of a(n): black peppercorn

Upcoming appts: September 10th (once again, same as @KFrob) 🙂

How are you feeling?: Boob soreness for a while, light nausea here and there, lots of cramping (but no bleeding). When I called the nurse about the cramping, she said to make sure I'm really drinking enough water. I got 80 ounces yesterday and the cramping was much better!

Rants/Raves: I also have a family wedding at the end of September I'm trying to get passed before announcing. This will be the first grandchild, so we don't want to take anything away from my brother-in-law's big day.

Questions: Do SOs usually attend the first appointment?

GTKY: I have a 2015 Honda Accord. I like it. It's reliable and sturdy. I'm thinking of changing to a small crossover though. The Accord is surprisingly large!
  • @macb85 DH went to most of my appointments with me last pregnancy. This time around, I told DH I want him at ultrasound appointments.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited August 2019
    @macb85!  Due date buddies! 

Edit to add DH came to the big appointments, the 1st u/s, anatomy scan, etc.  The other ones are usually super quick check ins with the doctor
  • EDD/W+D: April 24/ 5w + 4 (same as @KFrob and @macb85!)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Not finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): pencil eraser 

Upcoming appts: They're supposed to call me to schedule it soon, for late September 

How are you feeling?: Meh. I'm not sleeping well. Was having massive bloating and some lower back pain but that has turned into bloating + queasiness. Bad headache today. Pee every 2 seconds. Trying to stay active by walking to/from work, also that way I can avoid the subway 🤢. 20K steps today! 

Rants/Raves: focusing at work is a challenge and not telling my extended family. Trying to make it to early October (cousins baby shower is late september).

Questions: When should FTMs make the first trip to a maternity store? Is it dangerous to wait until the bump is coming out or should you wait as long as possible?

GTKY: Inspired by car shopping! What do you drive? Love it or hate it? I mostly walk but my husband drives a Subaru crosstrek that we love.
  • EDD/W+D: April 23 based on LMP, 5w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): opening of a straw (I love the daily updates 😂)

Upcoming appts: Sept 12 is my 1st appt. The nurse said it’ll be a long one because of the u/s, talking to the nurse, & meeting one of the doctors.

How are you feeling?: So happy & excited, but incredibly anxious. I don’t want to wish away time, but I’ll be happy when I reach 12+ weeks. Sore boobs is really my only symptom so far.

Rants/Raves: It’s so hard for my husband & I to not tell anyone. We’ve told close family & close friends, but we want to tell the world.

Questions: Can’t think of any

GTKY: Inspired by car shopping! What do you drive? Love it or hate it?: I drive a 2013 Subaru Impreza hatchback. Love it! I’ll get a larger vehicle someday, but this one will be great with 1 child. I think I’ll always stick to Subaru’s.
  • EDD/W+D: 4/18 based on LM 4/20 based on when I had my LH peak

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out, but just hoping for a healthy baby

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appts: 9/13

How are you feeling?: super tired, sore boobs, and some nausea if I let myself get hungry. 

Rants/raves: we’re waiting to tell everyone until after our ultrasound. We had a loss in March of this year and it was pretty hard to have to tell everyone the bad news. This time around I feel a lot less anxious about this pregnancy than I thought I would, I think I’ve just gotten to a place where I know there’s nothing we can do and we have each other to get through it if it doesn’t turn out to be viable. 

Questions: none that I can think of now :)

i drive a Mazda 6 and my SO’s Chevy Silverado when the weather is bad. Aside from the crappy gas mileage on the truck I would pick that any day over my car. I feel a lot safer when I’m higher up!
  • amber2718amber2718 member
    edited August 2019
    @macb85 It really is preference. Personally I feel my partner fees more involved and can ask his own questions if he comes to appointments. My OB also confirms pregnancy at the first appointment with a sono, so both he and I want him to be there.

@emibemily You’ve got time. You could start shopping now, but you probably won’t be super comfortable in it until you have a bump to hold the pants up/in place. Remember, they’re made to stretch quite a bit! 
  • EDD/W+D: April 24/ 5w6d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team finding out! I don’t have a preference.

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple seed

Upcoming appts: confirmation of pregnancy appointment tomorrow morning.

How are you feeling?: AWFUL. I am weak and nauseous ALL day long with no let up at all. Makes it very hard to take care of my other three kids and all three pets right now 😩

Rants/Raves: I am just so over feeling so bad, but I know I still have probably 10 more weeks left of this and it’s getting me down. This has been the story with all of my pregnancies and I guess I forget each time how bad it is until it hits me again.

Questions: can’t think of any!

I drive a Ford Expedition EL to fit all of our kids in haha. I love it! 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited August 2019
    @emibemily I would pick up a few basics to work with while you're dealing with the bloat but not necessarily showing.  With DD1 I started to wear maternity pants around 12/13 weeks cause I was big enough around the midsection that my regular pants just weren't comfortable buttoned anymore.  There's a bunch of factors that will determine how and where you show and how uncomfortable you'll be.  

Edit to add I'm part of the club that thinks maternity pants are glorious!
  • EDD/W+D: 04/22, 6+0 today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out! My last baby was a surprise but we want to find out this time so we can do some planning.

Baby is the size of a(n): backing of an earring

Upcoming appts: just had bloodwork done today so now I’m just waiting to find out when my US will be.

How are you feeling?: feeling pretty nauseous and tired, but nothing too miserable quite yet.

Rants/Raves: I think my youngest can sense the pregnancy because he has been unbearably clingy lately.

Questions: nothing today

I currently have a Subaru Crosstrek and love it, but it’s not big enough for 3 car seats, so we are starting to look for something bigger with third row seating
  • EDD/W+D: Unsure but somewhere in this weekly group

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out for sure! Also a huge planner.

Baby is the size of a(n): unknown lol

Upcoming appts: another dating US on the 4th. The first US was too early too see anything but the yolk sac 

How are you feeling?: pretty fine. Exhausted and having to pee a lot, but that's about it.

Rants/Raves: we're redoing our upstairs bathroom and my contractor is taking months longer than he originally said. I need a bathroom in the middle of the night!

Questions: none today

I also have a Subaru Crosstrek and I love it.

I was super anti-maternity clothes last time (STM), so I used a hair tie to keep my pants up. But then I switched over late second trimester and discovered how stupid I was. I'm already wearing maternity leggings and I have nothing to show 😆
  • Hello all! 
    EDD is 4/20 with baby being the size of a pea. My DH wants to find out the gender. Doesn’t matter to us which we have this time. We currently have a 4 yo DD. I’m currently feeling pretty crummy. Nauseous and exhausted all the time. Nothing seems to help but naps. My first appointment is until 9/26 which is approx 10 weeks. I feel like I didn’t wait that long with my first, but she was conceived via IUI so I think we had a lot more follow-up due to the process. 

GTKY: I currently drive a Ford Focus due to my work commute. We are in the market for something bigger because all 4 of us will not fit. Probably looking to buy the beginning of the year. 

Looking forward to getting to know everyone more over he next 8 months or so!!
  • EDD/W+D: April 22nd according to LMP

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Green (same as with first)

Baby is the size of a(n): Pea (I think!)

Upcoming appts: First US 9/18 (my birthday!)

How are you feeling?: Forget I’m pregnant most days. Stomach aches/nausea felt in evening 

Rants/Raves: Appreciating the support from DH as I still try to wrap my brain around being pregnant again 10 years later!

Questions: 

GTKY: Inspired by car shopping! What do you drive? Love it or hate it? 2011 Kia Sorento. Love it!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EDD/W+D: april 23, 6w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming appts: sept 5 for first u/s

How are you feeling?: nauseous

Rants/Raves: more like whining. I don’t want to work, I'm so tired!!

Questions: 

GTKY: Inspired by car shopping! What do you drive? Love it or hate it? I have a Kia Sedona. It’s on its last leg, cheap interior but a good car. 
  • @oldforthis4 Whine away! I don't want to do anything, I'm so tired!
  • EDD/W+D: April 22nd based on LMP

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 100% team finding out. I’m curious (FTM), what is team green?

Baby is the size of a(n): sweat pea

Upcoming appts: first prenatal Sept 16th

How are you feeling?: physically, not much. Bloating, constipation, and frequent urination. Emotionally, all of the feels. I just started a new job and bought a house, the week before I got the BFP. Im trying to process all of the exciting and stressful emotions.

Rants/Raves: what is the first prenatal appointment not until week 8/9?! It’s killing me 😩 I’m a plus size mom, so I really want to confirm the health of the baby before I share the news. We had a house warming party yesterday and it was SO TOUGH not to say anything. For example, my FIL said “when are you giving me grandkids, there’s so many rooms and I’m not getting any younger”.  I also received about 10 bottles of wine that I cannot drink 😩😩

Questions: i have so many 😅 I think it’s better if I wait to talk to my OBG.

Ford Fusion Energi and I love it EXCEPT the electric battery is in the trunk and I have no trunk space. It’s going to make it difficult to find a stroller. I welcome any suggestions on slim strollers.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya Team green is not finding out  :)
  • EDD/W+D: 
    April 17
    Team finding out/pink/blue/green:  finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Blueberry
    Upcoming appts: Sept 13  endocrinologist & ob appts. Very anxious to see if my thyroid levels have returned to normal after beginning thyroid medication. 

How are you feeling?: Like the worst hangover of my life... Everyday 😂 . So much nausea, no food sounds good, so tired (sleeping 8 hours a night plus a one hour nap after work), so hungry only an hour after eating! 

GTKY: Inspired by car shopping! What do you drive? Love it or hate it?  I don't have a car as I work from home and it's not really necessary in Portugal but my husband has a BMW 2 series, with two doors so not at all practical for a baby. 😅 But fun car to drive. 
  • According to my dating ultrasound, I'm moving on to 4/27. It was nice chatting with you ladies!