Group 4 (3/25 - 3/31) Check In w/o 8/26

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music?

Re: Group 4 (3/25 - 3/31) Check In w/o 8/26

• EDD/W+D: 3/27 9w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out soon hopefully!

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry! Fun fact, I'm severely allergic to cherries.

Upcoming appts: Next appt is next Friday.

How are you feeling?: Veeeery nauseated. But at least I'm not so tired anymore!

Rants/Raves: Any other STM+ feel like this pregnancy is going by just SO fast? I got my BFP six weeks ago today and it just blows me away that I'm already 9 weeks!

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? Alternative
  • EDD/W+D: March 25, 9w 5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍒 

Upcoming appts: NIPT blood draw on Friday

How are you feeling?:  nauseous and tired and unmotivated but overall I’m good spirits! Can’t wait until 1st trimester is done and testing is all done 

Rants/Raves: do we really have to wait so long between ultrasounds? Itching to see our little bean! 

Questions: anyone else have a random cough?

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I listen to so much variety, I love me some Canadian bands and hubby and I love Gordon Lightfoot, Rush, the Hip, and Blue Rodeo, but I’ve also seen Metallica in concert and going to see Lizzo soon since she’s a boss and I’m obsessed with her! So I’m really all over the map with music. More of a classic rock/90s pop and hip hop kinda gal overall 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 3/27, 9+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Upcoming appts: 9/3 for NIPT 

How are you feeling?: I think I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the nausea tunnel. I still have my moments with it, but it's not ALL day long anymore. I still nap every day so I guess fatigue is still a thing. 

Rants/Raves: Just happy to start feeling more and more like myself again. I never had nausea with DS and it really sucks. Sort of takes the joy out of being pregnant when you feel like you have a stomach bug 24/7. Looking forward to the 2nd tri! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I love hip hop and classic rock!

@hellobabys STM here and I have to say I feel like this 1st tri is crawling. It's probably because I have felt like s*it, but from what I remember last time it begins to fly come the 2nd tri. :)

@dunder_mifflin with my DS I had u/s at 6+5, 9+1, 21w & 36w. 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @puppylove8910 aw, that’s so cute! It feels so long in between. I have my big EFTs scam at 12 weeks so I’m looking forward to that :) 

im also a classic rock/hip hop gyal!
  • @puppylove8910 oh trust me i feel like death warmed over basically every day haha, but I also had hyperemesis with DS so I was prepared for it. I am definitely a lot more busy of a person this time around though, so maybe that's to blame ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@dunder_mifflin we won't get another ultrasound until our anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks! I'm hella bummed. I would get ultrasounds every week forever if I could, but we will only get the dating ultrasound I had at 8 weeks and the anatomy scan this pregnancy. Wah wah.

• @hellobabys oh no! That’s so far! I now kind of understand this whole 3D ultrasound business lol. This is my first pregnancy so it boggles my mind how sparse the monitoring is. But I guess it makes sense.

i had a dating one, asked for a second at 8 weeks since I was anxious and the dating one was early (midwife complied, lol!) and then I have my 12 week, another at 18-21 weeks for anatomy scan, then I don’t know what happens from there lol. 
  • @dunder_mifflin my midwife only did the dating ultrasound because I was anxious and begged, I know the exact day I ovulated lol. Logically I know a bunch of ultrasounds aren't really helpful, but it's hard to be so anxious,I totally get it! I got to write a paper about maternal mortality rates in the U.S. in an English class last semester, and there's a bunch of well-done research out there about how the rise of ultrasounds has actually been harmful for mothers (Don't be alarmed! It's not because ultrasounds are harmful or anything themselves to mom or baby, they're perfectly safe, but because the ability to SEE baby 24/7 all nine months of pregnancy has caused obstetrics to ignore the health of the mother because now everything is all about baby. It's more of a cultural problem honestly, but eye opening still). 
  • @hellobabys wow that’s very interesting! I guess that’s an unintended consequence. I know my mom was saying back when She was pregnant with me, there were only two ultrasounds and she just dealt with it because that was reality. And I also think to a degree the frequent monitoring (if unnecessary) can be worse and feed into our anxieties - especially if I put on my therapy hat and think from a cognitive-behavioral lens. Once the first trimester is passed and I’m well into trimester 2, I’m sure I’ll be less eager for one. I’m not even anxious, it’s more like I just want to “be sure” everything is okay but having a child has a million unknowns so I guess I better get used to it. In this world of constant monitoring there are definite consequences!