Group 2 Check In (3/9 - 3/16) w/o 8/26

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music?

Re: Group 2 Check In (3/9 - 3/16) w/o 8/26

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese that sounds awful. Have you tried using hot and cold, or gentle water exercises? I've heard it can help. Otherwise I don't know, other than a physiotherapist. :(
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese that sounds awful. Have you tried using hot and cold, or gentle water exercises? I've heard it can help. Otherwise I don't know, other than a physiotherapist. :(
    Exercise makes it worse. It’s like.... someone’s punching me in the pubic bone all day. It’s definitely less than ideal. 😩
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/8 12+1 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): chicken nugget

Upcoming appts: not until Sept 26th 😢

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous and tired... some days are better than others 

Rants/Raves: Nothing is worse than cleaning the bathroom except cleaning it when you’ve let it go too long. It was pretty miserable today and wiped me out.

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I really like anything but jazz. Lately I don’t keep up with anything popular because it’s pretty much Raffi or Disney Jr with DS. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese maybe a chiropractor? I’ve heard from other people it’s worked wonders but idk if it’s too early like massages. 

@projectalice I’ve started using mine already. I heard the heartbeat at 11+4, I might have been able to sooner but I didn’t get the Doppler until then. 

@babyfox320 I’m sorry your H has to leave so soon after the birth! That must be so rough.
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/10, 12 weeks 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out, hopefully getting blood results next week! 

Baby is the size of a(n): plum 

Upcoming appts: NT and NIPT tomorrow at 8am! I am nervous but excited to see baby. Praying for good NT results tomorrow. 

How are you feeling?: On and off with nausea. I’m throwing up less and can eat a bit more. Still tired but feeling slightly more human and less emotional. 

Rants/Raves: Rave— had a great adult weekend at our friends’ wedding! Rant— DD2 medical bills for her seizure are going to be at least $3,500. 

Questions: how do I post a spoiler?

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I like a lot of genres— folky rock, bluegrass, some country (none of the bro country stuff), pop. I don’t like hard rock or jazz. 
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese oh no that sounds awful! 😭 I'm sorry, I have no idea other than maybe a heating pad and a soak in the tub?? Not to warm of course. 
    Have you talked to your doctor yet? There must be something!
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese Yay for toddler bed!  Remind me how old DD is.  We'll need to transition our daughter to a toddler bed sometime before March as well.

@projectalice I started using my doppler at 10 weeks.  It was pretty hard to find the HB, but I always could if I kept at it long enough.

@babyfox320 That sounds like such a bummer about your husband!  Hopefully knowing sooner than later will make it easier to prepare.  Do you have family or close friends in the area to help you out?

@varimama Cleaning the bathroom is the worst, but a clean bathroom is so nice.  Good for you for getting that done!  We just saw Raffi in concert not too long ago - he was so great!  Have you heard of Casper Babypants?  It's the guy from the Presidents of the United States of America and they are pretty popular in the Seattle area.

@miss.sally sorry to hear about your husband's grandma and I hope you're feeling better soon!

@jenEP Oof, that bill is no fun.  When DD had her seizure in June, we took her to urgent care at Overlake and they didn't do any testing - they just called it a febrile seizure and told us not to worry.  It's interesting that your doctor did so much more testing - it is nice that now you have more peace of mind that nothing else is wrong.  Also, (from last week) we've never been to Suncadia, but would love to check it out at some point!

EDD/W+D: 3/12 11+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink!!  We'll be a two sisters family!

Baby is the size of a(n):  a small thing?  TBH I hate this question because a lime and a poker chip DO seem very different in size!

Upcoming appts: NT scan and genetic counselor on the 5th

How are you feeling?: You guys.  I'm so. effing. tired.  I just started back up at work and it's been a struggle.  I'm dreading Wednesday when students come back.  When is my energy supposed to pick back up again?? 

Rants/Raves: My rant is that I came home from work today to find DD in her crib COATED in poop.  I won't go into more details, but it was rough.  I'm also feeling really, really sad about going back to work.  I loved spending the summer with DD and I feel like I'll be missing out when I'm not with her as much.  I'm trying not to dwell with these thoughts, but it's been hard.

Questions:  Already asked, but when will I be less tired?

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music?  It's been a while since I've been really in to music, but when I was younger, I loved crappy pop punk and emo music.  Nowadays, I'm more into Lumineers, Mumford and Sons, Avett Bros, and I listen to  lot of NPR...lol.
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese Yay for DD in her toddler bed! I will need to do the same with DS at some point. Hope your pain starts to improve!
    @miss.sally Sorry about H's grandmother  :(
    @jenEP That bill is insane! I'm sorry.
    @keeksie84 Sorry about your poop nightmare!  :s I also wish I could tell you when you'll be less tired. The struggle is real.

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3.10/12w

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum, apricot, or swedish fish... um ok. 

Upcoming appts: 9.11

How are you feeling?: Much better than last week! Now that people know, I wish I could start showing, rather than just looking bloated. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: FIL's condition doesn't seem to be improving, and there's still no timeline for when the ILs will get to go home. We've been stuck in this patter of 'wait and see' for weeks. Also DS had his 2 year appointment yesterday, and although everything went well, getting his finger pricked and vaccine was tough on the little guy... and me.  :'(
    Rave: My parents are coming over tonight before my dad leaves town, so I won't have to make dinner :) I'm pushing for pizza.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? Mostly rock/alternative... 90s... some bluegrass-ish stuff, but I hate pop country. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @keeksie84 she turned two in June! Her "toddler bed" is just the crib with one of the sides taken off. We're planning to move her to a regular twin by March.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 10; 12w today! 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming appts: TODAY. Regular 12 week OB appt and then my combined First Tri Screening (ultrasound & bloodwork). 

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling SO MUCH BETTER. The nausea started to back off last week and now I'm only feeling it a little bit right when I wake up and in the late afternoon. I feel like a cloud of fatigue was lifted off of me yesterday and I realized just how tired I really have been. 

Rants/Raves: I can hardly wait to tell my extended family and everyone at work. We created the announcement picture that we'll send to family (and eventually post on social media), and that excited energy is making me even more nervous/anxious about waiting for the results of these screening tests! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I honestly like pretty much everything and listen to a wide variety every day. Right now I'm in a Missy Elliot rabbit hole since she just came out with new stuff. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 10th, 12+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team finding out! DH is more excited about finding out than I am, lol

Baby is the size of a(n): Sugar packet but also same height as a rubix's cube and also a hackey sack.. I'm with you all, these measurements are weird lol

Upcoming appts: Friday!! First appt with new OBGYN. Hoping she does an US and then I'll have her order NT scan and NIPT blood draw. Both tests are done in different departments so I'm hoping I can get the scan done Friday... I need some instant news to keep my nerves at bay.

How are you feeling?: Good! Getting headaches often so trying to stay hydrated. I'm also ridiculously hungry and noticed that I start feeling light headed/nauseous when I get hungry, so eating often to keep that at bay. 

Rants/Raves: We're planning on telling family and friends on Friday/Saturday after our appointment. DH isn't worried at all about (most likely) not having NT results and definitely not having NIPT results before telling everyone, and I'm trying to hope for the best, but still feel nervous. We both had recessive-linked carrier screenings last year and are fine for 207 recessive gene disorders, so that's a good feeling at least. Seems like I'm in good company with everyone else being anxious/worried on here though!  :D

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I love music! I listen to music all day. My smart playlists from Spotify range from musicals to pop country to alternative. I really like it all! 
  • Options
    12 weeks tomorrow. Woot!

Baby is the size of a plum or a Swedish fish. How are those the same? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Appointment Friday for NT scan and midwife. And I had my NIPT bloodwork yesterday. 

Having really bad morning sickness, in the actual morning, which makes getting out of the house really fun. But I’ve previously had all day morning sickness so I’ll take this improvement. I’m the rando walking around the playground with tiny cans of ginger ale at 10am. 🤪

Rant/Rave: My first baby turned 4 this week. 😭 I cannot handle that she is that old! She’s like a real big girl. Thank goodness I have another baby on the way to cuddle. Along with my sweet two year old. 

Music: I like country, pop, and broadway. I’m pretty boring in that respect. But my kids love music so it’s always playing in our house with lots of singing and dancing. 

Have a a good week ladies!
  • Options
    Hello ladies! :) 

EDD/W+D: I am due Friday the 13th of March, and I am 11w+4d today.

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Definitely finding out!  Before I was pregnant, I thought I'd want to be surprised... but no.  I need to know!

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming appts: I have one this Thursday (the 29th) at 12:30 for the NT scan and some blood work.  I'm so nervous but equal parts excited to see the little nugget on the screen. <3  Taking my partner to this one, so I'm extra hopeful.  He wasn't able to come to the last one.

How are you feeling?: I'm scared.  I'm scared of the genetic testing, I'm scared that something could go wrong even if the tests come back okay.  I'm just a ball of nerves.  I'm still really sad often and am struggling with whether or not to take Zoloft, but I have a prescription and I think I'll start.  One of the OBs I saw really tried to shame me for wanting to take Zoloft despite the fact that there's no medical evidence suggesting it is harmful during pregnancy, so I've been incredibly hesitant to start.  But aside from being nervous and emotional, I'm also exhausted and starving most of the time on any given day.

Rants/Raves: This is the same rant I had in the PGAL thread, but oh well.  My partner thinks that I can control my moodiness and hormones.  I try my very best to not get overly emotional about things or get upset when it isn't warranted, but sometimes I'm just PISSED about something (that I have a right to be angry about) or just soooo sad about something (even if it's something little like he went to the grocery store for something and didn't ask me if I needed anything) and he tells me that my ability to control said emotions is "debatable."  It is infuriating.  He's done very little in terms of researching pregnancy and how it effects us women, so for him to run his mouth like he's an expert just sends me over the edge.  Grrr... men.  (Not all men, of course!)

Questions: What sort of weight lifting exercises do you guys do, if any?  I used to be big into fitness and would lift weights and do strength training at least twice a week.  I'm slowly getting back into the routine of doing cardio (just walking mostly), but I want to do some arm exercises and squats with weights.  Any suggestions?

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music?  Alt-rock!  I love emo-alternative, too.  I love rock and pop, too.  I love music, lol.
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese Lol a lime and a poker chip DO seem really different in terms of sizes... how random!  Also, sorry to hear about your pain.  Exercise should never make it hurt worse, wow!  :(  I'm sorry you're dealing with that.

@projectalice Welcome to the group! :)  FX your blood work results are great!  I have a Sonoline B Doppler and I was able to find the heart beat when I was 9w+4d.  I have found it a handful of times since then.  I suggest watching some YouTube tutorial videos that show you how to use it and what to listen for specifically. 

@babyfox320 Good luck at your appointment today!!  FX the NIPT results come back amazing!  I'm sorry your husband has to leave so soon after the birth, but I'm glad he'll be there for the actual birth.  <3  My sister is a military wife, and she was really lucky that her husband was around the entire pregnancy and after.  

@varimama Chicken nugget, so cute for some reason!  Lol!  Oh gross, bathroom cleaning is my least favorite chore on a good day when I'm NOT pregnant.  My partner has been picking up the slack on the cleaning chores that make me physically nauseated, which is helpful.

@miss.sally I'm sorry you had to reschedule - that is always a huge bummer because the waiting just gets extended.  But I am sorry for your loss, sincerely.  I hope you're feeling better today.  I feel you on the tiredness.  I feel like I got hit by a truck; I am just exhausted and achy. 

@jenEP FX for good blood results!!  I'm so jealous that you're feeling less emotional!  My emotions are out of control lately, lol.  Ack about the medical bills!  I hate that medical stuff is always astronomically expensive, wtf.  I don't know how to post a spoiler either, now that you mention it.

@keeksie84 Aw, yay for two little girls!  But boo to the lack of energy.  I am right there, too.  I have never been so exhausted! 

@MrsVP614 Lol what a wide selection of varying sizes that your baby could be!  I feel like a swedish fish is considerably smaller than a plum  :D  Who comes up with these?!  Also, soooo sorry you are dealing with MORE time housing the in-laws.  I've said it so many times already, but I'll say it again - you are a saint!  I hope your FIL starts to improve suddenly and quickly and they're able to get back home sooner rather than later.  But yay for having announced your pregnancy, so at least you aren't tip-toeing around that secret anymore.  :) 

@sunflower_auryn Good luck at your appointment today!  FX all your screenings go perfectly!  I'm so glad you're feeling better!  Also yay for making your announcement picture -- how exciting!  I completely understand how the excitement and the anxiety go hand-in-hand.  I think we're all right there with you in that regard.  

@treetop19 I feel you on the nerves, girl. Oh nooooo about your new bed.  That is super thoughtful of your husband but comfort is key right now.  What a bummer!  Maybe you're just not used to the new bed yet, and it'll get comfier as you wear it in?  Fingers crossed!  Also, sorry that you're in a rough situation with your sister-in-law.  I think just telling her would be the right thing to do, because I feel like it would sting worse for her if she heard it through the grapevine rather than from you directly?  I don't know; but good luck there. <3 

@lemonlove86 These measurements are all over the place, lol, but I'm very amused!  My partner is so excited about finding out whether its a girl or boy and then sharing that news with people, but I'm over here panicking about the NT test and possible NIPT testing (stupid insurance).  FX your appointment goes great on Friday!

@momoftoddlers Good luck at your appointment on Friday! :)  Also Happy Birthday to your daughter! 
  • Options
    @varimama Perfect!  I don't have a gym membership anywhere but I do have basically everything I need in a home gym down my basement, so I figure I'll use what I've got.  Videos are super helpful, though.  Thanks for your suggestion! 
  • Options
    @Malidocious you can pretty much just do anything you did before (minus core work). Squats are great for labor prep! I was working with a hardcore trainer (the dude worked in the NFL and NHL as a head trainer before starting his own gym. He’s a BEAST), a few times a week before I found out I was pregnant. I had to stop during first tri because I was so sick, but we are starting back up next week. I’m so excited! He said he will do some modifications but keep a lot of the same exercises. 
  • Options
    @miss.sally That's awesome!  A lot of my exercise pre-pregnancy was core-related, especially Pilates.  So I'm new (and slow) to finding pregnancy-modified exercises, but I know there's plenty out there.  After googling and reading about it some more, I really can do basically everything I was doing before, except for the advanced Pilates stuff that solely focuses on core.  I hate working out around other people otherwise I'd look into a trainer who could just tell me what to do, lol.  I think my laziness from first trimester has taken over.
  • Options
    @Malidocious I’m the same! This trainer has me come in and I only work with him. It isn’t a big commercial gym so there usually aren’t other people there unless he has someone else at work. It’s so nice. I don’t like feeling the stares of other people. Lol. I will go to the gym every now and then if I can’t make it to the trainer. But it isn’t my favorite. When I was in really good shape I didn’t care at all. But carrying some extra fluff makes me self-conscious. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/12/2020

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Upcoming appts: NT scan a week from Friday. I'm quite nervous but looking forward to it.

How are you feeling?: Distressingly gassy.

Rants/Raves: Got another 2 mile walk/jog in today. I've decided that I'll be delighted if I can maintain a 11 minute mile throughout pregnancy. Going to attempt to go to the gym three times this week. Feeling a bit like I should look for some maternity workout gear, even with my "bump" being little more than pudge I can sense that it will need more support.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? 80s-90s-00s alternative
  • Options
    @treetop19 I would tell her privately via text message. When I was really struggling, it was far easier for me to read the good news than hear it directly. 

EDD/W+D: March 13 / 11w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green 

Baby is the size of a(n): a lime

Upcoming appts: Sept 11

How are you feeling?: Gassy and heartburny. Stretchy feeling and very tired, but I can't nap.

Rants/Raves: My toddler starts preschool next week and its both exciting and sad. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? Classic rock and 90s alternative. 
  • Options
    @aerie_star, that's a good idea!  I think text might be the way to go.
  • Options
    MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited August 2019
    @aerie_star Due date twins!  I'm suuuuper bloated and have heartburn, so I feel your pain.  Also exhausted, but I don't have time for any naps during the day and I suck at sleeping at night these days.  

Classic rock and 90's alternative are some of my favorites too!  Smashing Pumpkins are my favorite band ever.  :) 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/14 ~ 11+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): poker chip

Upcoming appts: 9/4 for NIPT blood draw and NT scan

How are you feeling?: threw up for the first time yesterday. Luckily it was just water since that's all I had in my system. Did some serious dry-heaving the morning before that. Like why is this starting NOW of all times? I thought my nausea was related to my PNVs, but I didn't take them for a day and still felt crappy. Also seem to have general GI issues when I eat in the evenings. Good times. 

Rants/Raves: we've started telling a few people. It's nice, but also nerve wracking since we don't have NIPT or NT results yet. But, we've only told people who would be a good support if we get poor test results. 

Questions: all good

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? indie/alternative, otherwise anything but modern country and classic rock. Currently listening to Tool on Spotify since that's an option now! I can't believe Maynard is still producing music!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited August 2019
    My NT scan is today at 12:30 PM (3.5 hours left)... eek!  I am so, so nervous!  I'm really excited to see the little peanut, but I'm just so anxious and conditioned almost to assume something is going to be wrong (PGAL mindset, maybe). I hope all is well in there... <3  

@stassischroeder Thank you for your support!!!  I may take you up on that offer because my partner is doing a little better at understanding pregnancy hormones but he's definitely still a work in progress when it comes to being tolerant or even kind about it.  My patience for his intolerance or lack of understanding is at a zero right now.  >:(  

I am seeing my actual OB for the first time today (she has been out of the office due to medical reasons so I saw a different OB at my last visit) and I'm hoping she will be a lot more helpful and understanding.  I just want some f*cking Zoloft and an NIPT test, dammit.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Malidocious good luck today!  And yeah, my husband is wonderful. He's not perfect by any means, but when it comes to understanding (or at least tolerating and not questioning) pregnancy maladies, he's second to none. I told him in early pregnancy that I felt like I was possessed or something because I was SO DAMN MOODY. He just gives me space and bites his tongue because he knows its temporary and not worth pushing back. I do my best to not be a total ass, but I'd be lying if I said I was very good at that!

And I'll be SO pissed for you if your actual OB doesn't get on board with the zoloft. Literally NONE of my prenatal care team have questioned it - and that includes the nurses, OB, and maternal fetal specialist. And there's no reason they shouldn't order the NIPT if you're willing to pay OOP. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    Thinking of you today @Malidocious. I hope you get good results! PGAL is such a total screw with your mind thing... I get the nerves!
  • Options
    liz3729liz3729 member
    edited August 2019
    EDD/W+D: 03/11/20 / 12w1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out (idk when but hopefully soon & I'm hoping it's a girl)

Upcoming appts: OB/GYN appt on Sept 3rd to monitor my blood pressure (it was elevated my last 2 visits); NT scan appt Sept 5th (very anxious but also can't wait!)

How are you feeling?: Feeling much better, way less nausea. I was taking a combination of Unisom & Vitamin B6 for my nausea, but I've been able to wean myself off of it. Sleep is getting less and less comfortable (going to get a pregnancy pillow soon), and the fatigue is still strong. But overall, I feel pretty good.

Rants/Raves: I really wish I had enough energy to clean my house and organize (we moved in 2 mths ago) but every time I try, I get so worn out from the smallest task. I truly can't wait to have my energy back. Thankfully, my husband is picking up the slack and helping a lot.

Also, it's getting harder to hide my bump at work and I'm running out of clothes that are loose. I plan on sharing the news with my co-workers after next weeks ultrasound.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? - I'm open to all types of genre's, but my favorite is R&B/Soul.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/12/20, 12+0

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming appts: NT scan tomorrow and I see my provider on 9/3

How are you feeling?: Generally good, slight nausea, good aversions- the other day I told my husband I finally figured out how to describe how I feel, and it’s that I have a slight hangover all day 😂

Rants/Raves: RANT to my SIL for being so prying, always asking if I’m throwing up yet (which I’m not and please don’t wish that on me just because it happened to you), sharing our news with other family when we expressly asked her not to multiple times, trying to find out our names etc. I get that she is excited but she is being incredibly nosy. It’s our first pregnancy and we are figuring it out. When we have news to share- WE will share it. Luckily DH is on board with me about his sisters shenanigans. 

Questions: when is everyone doing their “public” social media announcement? I plan to wait until 13 weeks since I will have my second ultrasound by then and second visit with my midwife completed.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I love it all, country (especially 90’s country), rap, jazz, piano. Pretty much anything but electronica 😂
  • Options
    @emilyace we're waiting until we get the NIPT and NT scan results before going fully public. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @emilyace I’m not even sure if I’ll do anything for social media. If I do it’ll be in the next few weeks though! 
  • Options
    @emilyace I won’t do social media until after the anatomy scan if I do it at all
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @emilyace no social media for me either- I figure I'll look pregnant one day in a pic and that will be that. If I were to announce I would wait until after NIPT results.