February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms (8/26-9/1)

Re: Weekly Randoms (8/26-9/1)

• @um_thor wtf. That’s rather rude. I wouldn’t go either. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @um_thor yeah. I completely understand. I wouldn't be going over there either. Will it put your husband in a weird position? 
  • @um_thor That is so rude of her. I definitely don't blame you for not going if she is going to be like that. Hopefully it doesn't put your husband in a weird spot. 
  • @um_thor that’s so rude of her!
  • @um_thor wow, how rude that your MIL wouldn't be more welcoming! I would also not go if my out-of-town family wasn't invited. 
  • @um_thor
    Wow! I'm so sorry she was so rude! 
    Glad your husband is on the same page as you though. 
  • Good luv good luck with the new year/position, @jvk2012 !
  • @babyroma - ugh my sister is like that. She is on public assistance, homeless half the time but yet still manages to have animals to depend on her. And then has to beg money for food and stuff. So ridiculous. I find it just easier to not have relationships with people like that.

I am in CT and cannot wait for cooler weather :) Bells was a December baby and it was nice snuggling up for the cold winter months. This time at least we will have May and have some outside time. Although with Bells there were a few warm days where we got to spend outside and we still went on walks, etc. We did go visit my family and she developed bronchiolitis and ended up in the hospital at about 6 weeks which was scary. I am hoping to have better luck this time. DD will be at school but should be immune to a lot because she has had so many sicknesses already!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL Poor kiddo. 😔 That's great about her new preschool though. 
  • @babyroma my youngest brother is like that about my babies. He is 8 years younger than me and a boy, but he just loves the kids!! He is a great uncle already and I’m sure your sister will be a great aunt! 
  • @malloryfrommn, ugh sorry you have to deal with stinky coworker’s lunch!
  • I pulled out my pregnancy pillow from the basement and took off the cover to wash it. I’m currently snuggled up on the couch with the coverless pillow. I forgot how amazingly comfy it is!
  • @jvk2012 THE BEST. 
  • @jvk2012 My parents bought me a pregnancy pillow for my birthday and it is a game changer! 😍
  • @chipsnsalsa20 yea one of my FL friends said they are already out of gas at the gas stations - not sure how they will get through an entire weekend like that! I've been watching the hurricane for work - it went from a Puerto Rican concern to a mainland concern quickly. I'm glad for poor Puerto Rico that they didn't get hit badly again but I'm hoping something causes it to lose steam. (And no, not Trump nuking the thing - not to get political haha).  :s
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• I’ve never had a pregnancy pillow, but think I might get one.  My belly isn’t huge, but the way it sits is making sleeping a little less than ideal.  
  • One hour and 15 minutes. One hour and 15 minutes. Come on, long weekend!! 

Does anyone have big big plans for Labor Day? 
  • @ibabyloveb87 I’m also counting down the minutes until the long weekend! We are taking the boys to my parents’ house tonight to spend the night. We usually rent one of those bounce house water slide things and they LOVE it. I’m excited about the weekend, but really wishing I could drink since my family loves wine (and so do I!).

what about you? 
  • Our church does a church-wide family camp for the September long every year, so we are heading out to that. Then on Monday I get to work on my final paper while my husband builds a shelving unit for the baby's closet. 
  • It’s my mom’s birthday weekend so we are grilling out tonight and then we have a party to go to tomorrow night. Our wedding band is playing. Other than that, playing it by ear based on what Dorian sends our way, but hopefully the beach and/or boat. 
  • I've got a 4 day weekend and was planning to relax some and start some baby planning (registry, looking at daycare options, etc.) DH and I also have some shopping to do this weekend - our refrigerator AND bedroom ceiling fan crapped out on us this week! LOTS of adulting fun to be had 😂
  • @craftywitch congratulations on your little boy.  I am excited for you.  
  • Pregnant problems: I’m working today, and wore different maternity jeans than normal, I have no place to clip my ID, I usually clip it to my pocket and this has zero spots!  :D let see how many times I lock myself out today. 

The maternity pants I have worn recently have a fake coin pocket that I could clip to.