What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: TTGP Grad Thread 8/22

• What's going on this week? Just been getting ready for the semester to start next week. Not looking forward to teaching at 2 different campuses!

How far along are you? 6 wk 2days

Upcoming appointments? Not till 9/11. Seems so far away

Cravings/Symptoms? No cravings, more like food aversions! Some symptoms - extremely tired, sore boobs, peeing a lot, some nausea starting

Rants/Raves/Randoms? My 2 yr old is killing my nap game now that he wants to fight his naps!

Questions? Is cold deli meat a no-no for pregnancy? I seem to remember that being a thing last pregnancy. One of my bosses usually orders us Panera the Friday before the semester starts, so I'm trying to figure out how to handle that since I haven't told anyone at work yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I think the reason to avoid cold deli meat is the risk of listeria. Apparently if you heat it up though it can kill of that bacteria that makes it unsafe.

What's going on this week? It'll be our 5th wedding anniversary on Saturday. We already went to the botanical gardens to celebrate and had a lovely day.

How far along are you? 6 weeks, 4 days

Upcoming appointments? Tuesday, August 27th for my 2nd ultrasound. 9/12 is my first prenatal appointment.

Cravings/Symptoms? milk and spicy foods still. I've also been craving a veggie sushi roll from whole foods I got the other week. I might go get one tomorrow.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I bought some prune juice and tried it for the first time to see if it would help with the constipation. That stuff is the nastiest stuff I've ever had. BLECH! :#

Questions? None at the moment.
  • Loading the player...
  • @littleredm thanks, I'll make sure to heat up the meat!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What's going on this week? DH is working a lot so DS and I have been trying to keep busy. 

How far along are you? I think 6 or 6+1

Upcoming appointments? Not until 9/11. Less than three weeks though.

Cravings/Symptoms? Yesterday I was literally never hungry and all food sounded gross, but I wasn't nauseous. Today I've actually been hungry and have been playing it safe with food. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Rant is that I don't think I've gotten a full not of sleep since right before my BFP. I toss and turn several times throughout the night and haven't been able to sleep past 6! Usually 5ish my bladder calls. 

Questions? Who is hiding the pregnancy for as long as they can and who is telling everyone? I'd like to keep this one a secret for as long as possible because of low progesterone issues and just the fact that I'm more nervous this time around. Family is coming in for DS' 2nd birthday and we will have gone to the first ultrasound the week before so I could tell them, but I still feel if I can hide it I will... is that bad? I'm also just super hoping to make it that far!!!

@Kathryn0903 I remember last time around I got the advice to get the chicken breast sandwich options from places like that because they are usually served warm or have the heated option (like at subway) and then you're getting around the deli meat thing for the most part. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @Kathryn0903 cold deli meat is a no no for listeria concerns... but you can heat it up in the microwave. 

@littleredm hooray! Your second ultrasound is the same day as my first! ❤️❤️ 

@flinstone-2 I have told quite a few people. Both families know, some close friends know, and most of my coworkers know. Other than that, I’m not releasing it to the world until I get through first tri. 

What's going on this week? Just getting into the groove of being back at work. This has been a whole week of working on my classroom and professional development. I’m ready to get to the weekend! 

How far along are you? 6 weeks 3 days

Upcoming appointments? Ultrasound on Tuesday 8/27 and prenatal appointment on Friday 8/30

Cravings/Symptoms? Craving carbs! Mexican and Italian (pasta especially) are a favorite. And milk? I’m not one to drink a glass of milk, but last night I wanted it so bad! So I had some. I’m experiencing mild nausea in the morning and at night, insomnia has kicked in, sore and big boobs, bloat, and serious exhaustion! 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? So, I haven’t had a student with our possible boy name since my first year teaching (this is year 8), and I loved him! Just got my class list, and I have a boy with the boy name... please don’t ruin the name for me, kid! Lol. Other than that, super thankful for my husband who took off 2 days of work to help me move into my room since I can’t lift the heavy boxes! Also, I just got my grades for my summer classes for my masters degree, and I had all A’s! Yay! 

Questions? None today! 
  • What's going on this week? Not a whole lot other than the appointment I had today. It went well. Happy to see that little heartbeat.

How far along are you? 6w5d (apparently). My due date just changed to 4/11. 

Upcoming appointments? Had one today. Next appointment is 9/13. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Craving sugar, less interested in salty food than normal, but no major food aversions. There are a lot of scents I hate (alcohol is a big one). All kinds of symptoms: nausea, exhaustion, bloating, peeing, etc. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? DH said that when he picked DS up today, he was playing with other kids. That’s never happened before really. He usually plays near kids, not with them. Hoping he will get all the way out of the “mine” phase soon. 

Questions? No. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @Kathryn0903 It is the worst when they fight naps, especially right now when I want to nap by his nap time. I have eaten cold lunch meat this pregnancy because I forgot I wasn’t supposed to. I think the issue is the risk of listeria. A lot of women I know have eaten lunch meat throughout, but I’m planning to avoid it now. 

@littleredm Yuck to prune juice. I feel so bad that I’ve given prunes to DS so many times. I feel like yogurt helped me last time. 

@flinstone-2 We’ve told some family already. I feel like it’s hard to hide due to bloat, so I’m just telling people, but we’ve only told people that we would be comfortable talking to if something bad happened too. 

@ejoseph16 Congrats on the grades. I hope that kid doesn’t ruin your name choice. It is seriously tough to put together a list of potential names with a teacher. DH is only on his 4th year teaching and already a lot of names are off limits. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 so excited to see your ultrasound went well today! I’m starting to get anxious for mine! I made MH pick names for my approval. It’s too hard for me to come up with names. Lol. All the names that pop in my head are no way names! 
  • @ejoseph16 DH named the first one after his grandpa. Apparently, I basically get to name this one, but he has vetoed names of some former students. Our names are pretty well set now, though. Girl name was set before DS (my grandma’s name). Boy names have been a challenge. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • mercury94 congrats on seeing the heartbeat!! Now we're more in the same ballpark to have birthday buddies again :) 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @mercury94 DS has been in the mine phase for awhile. It's rough!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @flinstone-2 I had the same thought. I O’d CD21, so I expected the due date to move. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Bad news. HCG was only 142 from 131 two days ago. They wanted at least 217. US and bloodwork again on Monday, but doesn’t look good. I was hesitant to join because of this. Looks like I may be exiting soon. :(
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Noooo! I hope you get better results Monday. I so don’t want you to leave. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • *lurking*

@NYTino24 Praying that your numbers look better Monday. I'm sorry you're in limbo - it's an awful place to be. Sending hugs. ❤❤
  • After researching, it’s unfortunately pretty conclusive that it’s not gonna work out. :(
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Oh no! I’m so sorry @NYTino24. Keeping you in my thoughts. Please let us know what happens on Monday.
  • Oh no @NYTino24 I’m just seeing this! I’m so sorry 😭😭 lets just hope for it to turn around on Monday! 
  • @NYTino24 I’m so sorry. I’m wishing for a miracle. In the meantime, take care of yourself. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Sorry, guys. HCG was 15.7 on Monday and MC started this morning. I’m out. 

• @NYTino24 I’m so sorry. Sending lots of hugs. Take care of yourself. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @NYTino24 I’m so sorry 😭😭 take care of yourself.