January 2020 Moms
Options

TTT 8/20

Ten Things Tuesday! 

Tell us your ten things! 

Re: TTT 8/20

• Options
    1. i've just met my mum for lunch as she has come to the city i live in to fly to germany this afternoon.
    2. My sister is due to have my new niece next week (hence my mum going to germany).
    3. i have my anomaly scan tomorrow - im really excited but also really anxious.
    4. we had our monthly meeting with our project sponsors this morning & it went really well so our boss is taking our team out for breakfast tomorrow.
    5. DD is so funny at the minute, her little personality is really developing & whilst she is exhausting, she makes me laugh daily with the things she says and does.
    6. After my scan tomorrow, if all is well, im going to allow myself to start buying things for the babies & book newborn photos etc.
    7. There is a "parents to be" event in one of the bigger chain stores the weekend after next, so i've booked to go to it so i can get money off my pram, car seat & base, sleeping stuff etc as they do a discount if you order at the event, cause every little helps.
    8. DH started a new job a few weeks ago & there was supposed to be a "curry night" this friday with the 6 other partners & their other halves. It has been postponed til mid september and i am so glad cause i dont think i could cope with going out on friday night & then having my in laws decend on saturday!
    9. Monday next week is a public holiday, we have nothing planned but an extra day off is always nice.
    10. Im now thinking that if DD's daycare is still open on monday we could still send her in and have a nice day date to ourselves!
  • Options
    1. Books, books, and more books
    2. And more books...I'm currently reading 4 at the same time, making my SO wonder if I can keep them all straight.
    3. AC 
    4. School starting back up. Hoping DS1 will regain his sanity.
    5. "Holiday Season" from Sept to February, there is at least one Federal Holiday a month, and I get them ALL off.
    6. LOTR Trilogy at the theater!
    7. Hogwarts Express departs 9/1 @945 for our annual re-read!
    8. SOs snoring. Silly, I know, but I love he does it. It's as re-assuring as reaching out to touch him in the middle of the night.
    9. Family Movie Time - We just finished Indianan Jones, and are working our way through Pirates of the Caribbean. 
    10. Sour dough bread. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1.  Last week I really struggled emotionally but am handling shit and overall feeling better this week. 
    2.  I feel like a lot of it was the relationship with my husband and we finally had a decent talk last night.  We talked last week but it was really only about where he was at in our relationship and not where I was at, so we were able to have that talk last night and go figure I cried a lot. 
    3.  We agreed that we need to dedicate more time to eachother for our relationship.
    4.  My daughter started a dance camp last night.  She goes four nights this week for about an hour and a half.  
    5.  She's the cutest little ballerina and so excited about dance, but holy hell did she turn into a psychopath last night once we were home and attempting bedtime.  😳😟
    6.  I assume it was being tired and overstimulated and not really having the time to wind down after dance before bed.  But it was probably the worst tantrum we've had to date.  She woke up so stinkin sweet this morning though - came into my room and said "mom, I need snuggles" then just laid there with me all curled up before we had to get moving. 
    7.  20 weeks tomorrow.  It's crazy how fast this pregnancy has flown by.  Maybe it's because with my daughter I found out at like 3.5 weeks and this one was definitely a surprise to me and not even on my radar so I found out a few weeks later then it took me several more weeks to get over the surprise of it all.
    8.  I'm anxious for my appointment on Thursday for them to just confirm baby is healthy and no issues.  The US tech was a girl I went to high school with and I hoped to squeeze some info out of her, but of course had no luck.  All she did was confirm it was still a boy. 😂
    9.  I started the interview process for a new job and finally got my 2nd interview set up.  It's two weeks away.  He apologized for not getting back to me sooner, that he was letting the dust settle from something going on with the county and was going to schedule with me in person on Friday but I was out of town for a training.  This 2nd interview will be with the whole SUD team.
    10.  I've been wanting to go camping all summer long and we're finally booked!  We go the first weekend in September and we're going with my sister, her husband and my niece & nephew.  My daughter will be so excited, and I'm really excited too to do something fun with the family.  I feel like this summer has just flown by and I'm a little sad!
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady hoping all goes well at your scan tomorrow!!  Totally take the day date!

@FyreFlyeRush it's amazing to me you can be reading so many books, I feel like I struggle to find time to maintain one and never end up finishing them lately.  Also, you're a better wife than me to find your SO's snoring reassuring...my SO's drives me nuts most of the time! 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush it's amazing to me you can be reading so many books, I feel like I struggle to find time to maintain one and never end up finishing them lately.  Also, you're a better wife than me to find your SO's snoring reassuring...my SO's drives me nuts most of the time! 
    LOL, part of the problem is he's a former Marine. It's nice to seem him relax and let his guard down. And, he kind of looks like Elijah from The Originals and Vampire Diaries...*dreamy sigh*. But stuff like snoring, giggling, gutter brained, crazy rooster hair...show how down to earth he is.
  • Options
    1. Quiet time for ds is the best time. That equates to mommy nap time which I count down to all day. 

2. Went to the living museum again today because it’s so dang hot out we need indoor activities. Might as well put our membership to good use. They have a whole dinosaur exhibit ds is obsessed with.

3. I found out the animal crackers we have are vegan and I find it both ironic and hysterical.

4. I’m pretty sure our tomato plants are dead. I tried our best, we got some fresh tomatoes
    out of them, but they look so sad and dead. 

5. I’m like a broken record but we are counting down to the amnio on Friday and I’m still nervous af about it. Of course dh was scheduled for duty on Saturday but I think he’s been able to get it off so I can just relax and not have to worry about ds. 

6. I want to eat all the BLT’s 🤤

7. I feel like I watch YouTube more than regular tv. 

8. Looking forward to instant pot Mac and cheese
    tonight for dinner. It better turn out good!

9. My sister finally had her baby this morning! Niece #2 and she is so cute. She was almost named Janet and I couldn’t help but ask what the hell my sister was thinking.

10. I’m already swelling in my hands and feet. I could feel it after walking at the museum today. Maybe I should try and up my water intakes 
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady can’t wait to hear about your scan tomorrow!
  • Options
    1) got a salary increase for my job yay!

2) I bought a domain and a year premium sub to wix for my side hustle today because they were 50% off. Now I feel like I gotta launch this business to make that up. But that should be doable.

3) I've had a lot of conversations lately with people that really make me realize that I'm not being 100% fulfilled in my job and that I really need my creative outlets to thrive fully emotionally. I need to get back into photography and dance and find the time. Especially before Athena makes her grand entrance.

4) Pasta with sundried tomatoes is the best.

5) Hopefully will get our car into the body shop this week so that the damn bumper can get fixed. I really miss my backup sensors LOL

6) Slow days at work so I can work covertly on my side hustle during work. Yup I'll admit it. No shame. 

7) The wedding on Friday if only for the fact that it makes my week short. We leave at noon on Thursday. 

8) I need to finish DH sock. I made it up to the heel over vacation and then haven't touched it since. maybe I'll pick it up tonight and do the heel turn so I can get through the long part of making the leg part of the sock so I can start making baby clothes.

9) I just wanna go crib shopping but it'll have to wait until the weekend when we are back from the wedding. I have about 5 saved on the marketplace i just hope they don't sell between now and the weekend.

10) So excited that tonight's meal all I'll have to make when I get home is the slaw. Crockpots are life LOL.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    Urgh, just remembered to check if dd’s nursery was still open on monday & its not. Its also closed for the public holiday so no day date for us 😕