December 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 8/19

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/19

• Options
    Anyone else with toddlers constantly fear they’re going to hurt the baby while in utero? I know the baby is well protected but DS is 2 and is used to me tickling and tackling him while playing. I find myself always worried that DS is going to hit my stomach too hard or accidentally kick me while we play and it’s going to hurt the baby. Just one of the things that keeps me up at night. 
  • Options
    @ale9687 100% It doesn't help that my 2 year old literally yells "kick! kick!" and tries to kik while I have him on our bed lying down to put on a diaper/pajamas at bedtime, because he's right at stomach height then. We keep telling him he's not allowed to kick people, and he's lost his bedtime story a few times as a result, but he just keeps doing it. He hasn't actually kicked me yet, he's just been flailing his legs around, but it's definitely a concern. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ale9687 Yes! My toddler is a climber and momma's new belly is the perfect stepping stool according to him.  Makes me nervous and I try to stop him but sometimes he's got a foot on me before I realize it.
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    @ale9687 I asked my OB about this and he said not to worry too much because baby is cushioned pretty well in there but I still get a little nervous especially because my placenta is anterior. 
  • Options
    @ale9687 mine aren’t toddlers, they are 6 and 8 and have HF ASD, and they don’t always think before they act.  Ds threw a ball at my stomach the other day.  It didn’t feel great, but it wasn’t too rough to make me concerned.  He got pretty upset and kept telling me he didn’t kill it.
  • Options
    I am with @holly321 My kids are a little older and if they do something the wrong way will even ask if they hurt the baby. I am more worried about the 75lb doodle that likes to karate kick. 

• Options
    It’s nice to hear that I’m not having irrational worries and it’s on everyone else’s mind as well. DS can be so sweet but I think he’s going to grow up and be in the WWE or NFL lol. 
  • Options
    Probably not the best platform to admit this, but I'm not a huge fan of babies. Neither is my husband. I start liking them and feeling comfortable around kids aged 18 months to 2 years old, Hubby when they are about 5 or 6 (potty trained, can tie their shoes and speak in full sentences lol). 

We honestly considered adopting out of the foster care system in our 30's instead of having one naturally. But then our happy surprise happened. 

I'm happy to say I am officially dreaming about holding my baby as a newborn and picturing taking care of her. I'm glad my maternal instincts have finally decided to kick in with all the pregnancy hormones. I am still a little nervous my DH isn't going to be thrilled with her at first sight. That it might take him time to warm up to her. I know he will be the best dad ever but I'm still worried this all happened too fast for him. We have been together for years but just got married in October. Sorry for the long random. 
  • Options
    @mrszoobear Yes! I've never liked babies. They make me nervous and I hate the smell of baby powder, which often goes along with babies. We also considered adopting. My husband is more comfortable than I am with them, and I'm hoping that once I see our girl my feelings will change. I'm pretty sure they will, but it'll be a big shift for both of us. You're not alone in baby ambivalence!
  • Options
    @mrszoobear I don't think your feelings are uncommon at all! My husband's line about ALL kids (ours or otherwise) has always been, "I really don't like them until they can talk about Harry Potter." That's his barometer for when he feels like he can actually interact with them, lol. I'm hoping he'll change his mind once we have our little one! Luckily, I've always liked babies, though my mom and stepmom were popping all my siblings out when I was in middle and high school, which I considered the best birth control ever...spending my teen years taking care of oodles of babies was enough to let me know that I didn't want them of my own for a long, long time.  :D
  • Options
    Yes I'm uncomfortable around babies under 2. For many years I taught swim lessons to ages 2+ and i also taught adult/ baby and up music group classes as well.  But i never had to be directly responsible for an infant!  Well,  at least the baby won't know any better to think "wow my mom sucks at this" 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Yeah, my friend who has the 3 week old is not a fan of kids either. I asked her the other day if it was a strange transition from that to "mom" and she immediately said "Well it's different when it's your own kid" and she's 100% right.
    Before my son, I wasn't *against* kids, but I wasn't really interested either. Ever since having my son I'm now slightly baby-crazy.  :D
  • Options
    @ninrms husband for the win on the HP comment ;)
  • Options
    Extremely random, but Kristen Bell's Instagram story today is cracking me up! 

It's all about Dax trying to rescue a Lego head from a tree without interrupting the wedding going on at their hotel  :D
  • Options
    I was really doubtful about what kind of mom I would be to a child (honestly, any age, even beyond baby time)!  When we had DD, I did have some adjustments to make, but I have loved her and loved being her mom from day one, and never looked back.  As I wrote the other day, now I’m almost more scared about having to spread my motherly love to another child- I hate the thought of depriving DD of my attention and love in anyway.  That’s probably totally stupid, and I’m sure I’ll just feel like now I have even more love and care to give, but I would hate her to feel neglected.  The ironic part is that she’s almost 9, and she seems like she’s more excited about this than I am at times!  

Back when we had DD, my husband didn’t seem too concerned, as he came from a family where he has a bro who’s 15 years younger, so he had basically gone through the daddy motions in his teens.  On the other hand, I had very little experience with babies, aside from some babysitting for older kids mostly.  Plus my parents just seemed happy we weren’t little anymore and just couldn’t wait for us to get out of their hair so they could go back to living their lives! 

Nutshell summary- just wait until you meet this new beautiful little person, and your chemistry about babies will pretty much automatically change.  There will be some adjustments, but you will love this little being with all of your heart and soul.  Just remember it’s okay (and important!) to still care for yourself ❤️
  • Options
    @jandawg Haha, awesome!  I’ve been noticing myself looking way more buxom in my normal shirts, too.  I have to keep tucking my bras into shirts and tanks.  How do you control these things?!? 😂
  • Options
    @cpk3535 hahaha I have no idea! This is not something I typically deal with!
  • Options
    Random- DH and I are getting ready to do an acting workshop with our daughter next month, and we’re taking new headshots as a family at the end of the month.  Almost 7 months pregnant isn’t where I would personally choose to have my photo taken, but we got a great price for doing it as a group.  Whatever, I’ll live!
  • Options
    Okay, I feel the need to share this recipe with everyone: https://www.bakerita.com/gluten-free-chocolate-brownie-cookies/  ...Chocolate brownie cookies.

Don't let the "gluten free" scare you....they're just flourless cookies, lol, and they are SO FREAKING GOOD. I do all sorts of delicious things to batches of these cookies, like subbing in peanut butter chips, or adding in those mini peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's...

If you've had a serious chocolate hankering, I recommend these. :D Be warned, they're super rich. 
  • Options
    @ninrms thanks! DH is actually gluten free (celiac), I’m always looking for new recipes! 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    So true confession: I enjoy some real trash tv from time to time. 90 Day Fiancé being one of them, on this current before season Angela who is the like 50+ grandma from Georgia is still back and forth with her Nigerian boo. He wants her to have a baby and she says to her daughter “well I can tote it, I just need ya egg”. Oh my gawd. I spit my drink out laughing. 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 Did you see the part where she went and looked at the wedding venue? The Mann giving the tour was the best part of the episode.
  • Options
    @anniemarie887  omg I love that show but I've only seen one season, the one with Auselo the Samoan and the blonde girl that marries the Jamaican, man that reunion was GOOD.
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I love 90 day fiance!! It is the best- all the spin offs too (Before the 90 days, The other way, Happily Ever After?), give them to me!! I did marry a foreign man but he was already here on a work visa and obviously he wasn't in it for the green card but just knowing all about the immigration process first hand makes it extra entertaining to me! 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I am so addicted to the 90 day fiance series (all the types) I'm hooked on the before 90 days with the girl moving to Syria...my husband and I are both military so we always talk about what we would do if our daughters came at us like that! I also get a kick out of the culture shock of customs in other countries...idk what they expected. A few countries featured we have both deployed in before!  

I am also hooked on married at first sight. We do the same scenario of how we would react if our daughters did some of this stuff. Obviously we would love them and try to support them....but a long talk before would be a must!
  • Options
    all this 90 day fiance love!! woo @k_mama91 dangit, i totally fell asleep right after Darcey gave herself a 45 min airport bathroom bird bath session (love that they brought her back). tonight's agenda is to get caught up! @ktmaesim yes! i've guiltily watched them alllllll. Ashley, the blonde girl actually lives not far from where some of my extended family lives. @Spartanrd4 i just binged and caught up on 90 day the other way, really enjoying that version of spin off. and yes, my bestie from college married an australian and they are about to start the process but have been living in australia for almost 10 years. it's definitely a lot of work! @lilyrheas the american women who are shocked by cultural norms in islamic countries blow my mind - Nicole the one w/Azan in Morocco had so many disrespectful moments. i'm very intrigued by this season of the way and the girl moving to Syria. also, her mom looks like shes practically my age. and yessss to MAFS, apparently they are casting a Washington DC season, i'm pumped! 

• Options
    @anniemarie887 Yes, having deployed a lot in the middle east we still had rules and regulations to follow based off the culture around us. Especially me as a woman. Most average American women do not realize how spoiled they are with freedoms here compared to other countries, mostly in the way of freedom of speech and actions. Im scared for Avery to get there, married and realize that mom and dad can't help her once she is off on her own. She is at mercy to her husband and the culture around her. (as a side note, because I am not trying to offend anyone but I have seen the worst part of middle east countries, which is where my experience and views come from. I know there are good things and people everywhere I just was not exposed to that side. )

Another thing that absolutely kills me is people like Caesar and wiring money. Oh man I could never in my life just blindly send money to someone I have never met! I want to shake him every single time he is on the tv. Nicole and Azan too ! What does Nicole do work wise to get money to send him? 

My last rant and rave from this show is dragging the children around to different countries. I was a single mom before i met my husband and my daughter never once met anyone I went on a date with or no one ever came back to my house. Let alone go to another country!!! Maybe I am being closed minded or not as spontaneous but I don't think in their situation I would subject my kids to all that. 

I also love watching Paul and Karine a ton! How Paul reacts to situations makes me laugh every time. From his running to how excessive he is about bugs and the water. When they were swimming and he was wearing the life vest and got water in his mouth....lord I never laughed harder in my life. 

As much drama as Darcy is, I did love her bathroom freshening up at the airport. So wild hahah. I told my husband if that was us I would have been in sweat pants and super smelly from the plane to meet him. No care in the world!

• Options
    @lilyrheas I was in Morocco many years ago, right on the cusp of still being a kid vs a young adult and in limbo of should i be more covered up. it was a very eye opening experience, that being said it is a country i would like to visit again.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude Caesar, and then from 90 day the other way Cory with the Ecuadorian girl. they both have coughed up like $40k on women. BA-NA-NAS. Caesar is also doing it to his own detriment. you should not be wiring someone money when that means you can't pay rent!!! Nicole is just as bad, she's sent Azan a few thousand with no proof of where it's going. and her poor kid - not only dragging her around but also she was calling Azan dad before ever meeting him?! i found that interesting.

Paul makes me laugh - the constant literal running away. it's just such a unique coping mechanism. Instagram tells me they are doing well (by social media standards) and living in Kentucky! curious to see if we see that play out on the season.

amen to sweatpants!
  • Options
    If anyone watches 90 Day Fiance and also the Bachelor shows, I heard some hot gossip recently that Christian (fresh off of getting booted from Bachelor in Paradise for fighting with Jordan) is now dating Ashley (blond with the Jamaican ex) from 90 Day Fiance.  Reality tv worlds collide!
    @lilyrheas I am also hooked on Married at First Sight and have watched every season.  This time around a few of the couples are just painful to watch.  But of course I continue to watch every episode!
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 this season is very rough. I had hopes for Amber and Matt but I didn't see how he would give up his lifestyle of his basketball buddies. He may like the idea of a family but actually being in a relationship with responsibilities seems far fetched.
    Also the girl who is a virgin is toooo much for me. She put it up on a pedestal and won't jump off. It only annoys me because even talking about sex she is very immature. Last week's episode was nice to see her try to open up with the edible paint. But before with the questions and stuff, she seemed so prude. She could have answered questions of what she would like to try or curious about. 
  • Options
    I watched MAFS for awhile too but similar to the Bachelor which I also watched- after you watch so many season and none of them work out you kind of lose interest!! I don't have as much time as I used to being a mom to watch TV so I really had to get rid of shows that I wasn't completely invested in or obsessed about. 
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 ehhhhrmagawd. yes, still watch bachelor/ette. was VERY pleasantly surprised with Hannah's season. i need to google this pronto...

@lilyrheas i'm not sure if any of them are going to make it from this MAFS season. i kind of shook my heads at the "experts" like these were the pairings you came up with?! 

@Spartanrd4 my back log of tv is like a solid day, i keep saying i need a gross rainy unproductive sunday to try and catch up!

• Options
    edited August 2019
    @lilyrheas @anniemarie887 I feel like maybe Deonna and Greg have a chance... they can be pretty cute together at times!  But I dont have much hope for the other three couples.  Beth and Jamie are never going to last because they are so quick to verbally abuse one another when things get heated.  And poor Amber, I just wish she would get out now.  She seems so sweet, but he is obviously not in to her.
  • Options
    Oh and @anniemarie887 and @lilyrheas did you hear that former "expert" Dr. Jessica is currently involved with Jonathan from the Boston season?  I'm kind of embarrassed to have dished gossip about two different reality tv situations on the board already today.  I promise I am not a total airhead.
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 what!! That's insane. Jonathan seemed so sweet and the girl he was matched with was soooo bad to him.  Haha don't be embarrassed, those shows are my reality TV guilty pleasure (there is much worse out there). Once school is back up I never watch TV at night or downtime so I selfishly watch it when I get free moments now. 
  • Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited August 2019
    @blueskychicago12 THEY ARE ENGAGED! holy MAFS gossip! haha 

my husband is consistently in awe of the trash i watch sometimes, i'm like listen, sometimes i need some brain fluff ok?!