edited August 2019 in April 2020 Moms
EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Tell us about your favorite vacation. 

Edit for typo. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Group One (4/1-4/8) Weekly Check-in w/o 8/19

• EDD/W+D:  4/3 7w3d, but it will probably change at my appointment. 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): playing die

Upcoming appts: Thursday! Cannot wait. 

How are you feeling?: Plenty of nausea. Boobs hurt off and on. The bloat is real. I feel like I look 4 months pregnant. Super tired. 

Rants/Raves: I have a board meeting today. Sometimes they are an hour, sometimes two or three. Hoping for a shorter one so I can get home and sleep. 

Questions: Nope. 

Our honeymoon, which was really have honeymoon, half family vacation in Hawaii. We did a cruise that went around the islands, starting in Oahu, then Maui, the Big Island, and Kauai. It was half family vacation because my parents were there as was my brother and his family. We got about 3 days by ourselves and 4 with the family. It was a blast, even if unconventional. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • EDD/W+D: 4/2 7+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out but possibly not telling.

Baby is the size of a(n): man you can totally tell this is my second kid because I have no idea about this stuff.  With my first I couldn't WAIT until my ticker change day to see how big baby was.  This poor kid.

Upcoming appts: Wednesday!  US and meeting with NP.

How are you feeling?: I was REALLY struggling last night.  My nausea has been so bad that I'm up to 3x Diclegis every day.  No throwing up; just totally debilitating nausea.  And to add to it, yesterday I got HORRIFIC acid reflux.  I had to send my husband out for Zantac and Tums at 9pm.  Feeling so crappy really put me in a bad head space.  It's not a long leap from "I feel like crap and see no end in sight" to "fuck you I didn't even want to do this in the first place."  I went back to work for the new school year today, and oddly it put me right again.  Also, I went to bed nice and early and then my sweet husband very kindly woke up with little dude so that I could sleep as late as possible, so I actually felt halfway decent this morning.  Probably going to need to get some mental health support, though.

Rants/Raves: My kid picked up this "huh? huh?" thing from his new teacher and I haaaaaeaate it.

Questions: None today.

GTKY: Tell us about your favorite vacation. We went to Tuscany and Umbria for our honeymoon and it was the best two weeks of my life.  
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD: April 6th / 7wks today (although 2 of my apps are 1 day ahead even tho I have the same due date on all of them)

Team: Finding out 

Baby is the size of a: Blueberry

How are you feeling: Great for the most part! Mostly feel no symptoms and the ones I do are so mild I’m wondering if it’s just in my head (fatigue, heightened smell) Which kind of worries me since I haven’t had an u/s yet. 

Rants: Nope! Feeling great, just finished a week at the lake. It was kind of hard not having any beers on the boat. 

GTKY: Probably our trip to Thailand! I’ve travelled lots, and each trip had their own favourite parts. 
  • EDD/W+D:  April 7th; 7w2d 

Team: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): berlingot candy (gotta love how specific the apps get. . . )

Upcoming appts: 8w2d U/S with the fertility specialties is Aug 29th. If we're all good, we'll move on to the OB from then on out!

How are you feeling?: Emotionally - excited, overwhelmed. Physically - EXHAUSTED. I don't know how to fit more sleep into my day at this point, and I'm up 3-4 times a night using the bathroom. Some morning nausea, but luckily not too bad. And what my family calls the "mumpkins" - gurgly belly and a few bad poops. Overall not that pleasant!

Rants/Raves: My current rant - even though it's much too early to buy any maternity clothes is the lack of options for us plus-sized ladies. It's slim pickins out there, especially for cute work-appropriate attire. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Questions: 

My favorite vacation was a week spent in Scotland with my husband (then boyfriend). I had a work conference, and he flew out and we spent an extra week exploring the countryside (castles, distillery tours, boat rides on lochs, afternoon tea, etc). It was the height of relaxation and also the first time we had really taken a "vacation" together that wasn't visiting family. Here's a pic of our view from the bed and breakfast we stayed at! A total dream!

• @danibean19 I buy a lot of my normal clothes at Kohl’s. I find they have a decent selection for a plus size lady. But, no shame in my STM game, I’m already wearing maternity pants that I picked up at Target. Don’t want to buy larger regular clothes. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @NiceyMeany How are you feeling now? It’s good that you recognized that you might need some help. Hoping things are looking up. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • EDD/W+D: April 8th | 7 weeks today!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: GREEN 

Baby is the size of a(n): Coffee bean ♥️

Upcoming appts: None 

How are you feeling?: A little nervous. Since I had a MC in May, I get worried when I’m not super nauseous or feeling a lot of symptoms. 

Rants/Raves: I feel a bit like Grumpy Cat. Which is not my personality. Lol 

Questions: None today 

GTKY: Tell us about your favorite vacation

I have traveled a lot so I am very thankful for that but to include my DH, it would probably be our honeymoon. We stayed 3 days in Fountain Hills, AZ right after the wedding in a resort- it was sooo gorgeous!! Then we flew to England. We got to see a lot of my childhood friends and have tea and crumpets at Harrods and take long walks in the great parks and then dash into a pub for hot tea when it would start pouring. It was a very special time! 🤗
  • EDD/W+D: April 3 (LMP) April 7 (based on ovulation) 7w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming appts: August 30th

How are you feeling?: I feel fine. No nausea! My boobs are bigger and sensitive. I can still workout like normal, but taking some extra naps. I’m still a little anxious about everything, as we haven’t had an appointment yet to know for sure everything is okay. 

Rants/Raves: I’m on vacation this week! We rented a cottage on the coast of Maine. 

I have a few! Our honeymoon in Hawaii was amazing. We went to Oahu and Kauai. We went to a small island in Mexico a couple years ago, which was amazing. Everyone drove gold carts and not a lot of people there. Amazing food and the beach was gorgeous. Another fun trip was when we first started dating we went to Poland and to the fjords in Norway, which was gorgeous! 

• @babyrummom My sister and her family live in Kauai! It’s breathtaking! Sounds like some fun trips. 😊
  • @mercury94 I spoke with my OB today about getting in to see their counselor.  She can't see me until late October, but better later than never.  Thank you for checking in!!
  • edited August 2019
    EDD/W+D: April 4th, 7+5 today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: So I already know what I'm having because we did PGS testing on our embryos. I'm team blue and so so excited to give my daughter a little brother!

Baby is the size of a(n): Just checked my bump app... blueberry :)

Upcoming appts: First OB appointment is scheduled for Sept 4th. I've already had 2 scans at my fertility clinic though.

How are you feeling?: Awful. I have a horrible cold that I can't seem to kick. And I'm also nauseous from the pregnancy.

Rants/Raves: It's the last week before my daughter's preschool opens again and I CANNOT WAIT. As much as I love having her around, I need her in school especially during this first trimester!

Questions: I'm dying to know when I'm going to start showing with this pregnancy... so far I'm still able to wear all my normal clothes and I'm hoping that will be the case until the weather gets cooler!

GTKY: Tell us about your favorite vacation. DH and I went to Walt Disney World for our baby moon last time and it was the most amazing trip. I want to relive it again somehow.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • EDD/W+D:  April 2 (LMP) April 6 (based on ovulation) 8w

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): kidney bean

Upcoming appts: first US and OB appointment tomorrow morning

How are you feeling?: Hyperemesis is back. I feel horrid.

Rants/Raves: raving over the maternity clothes tote I took too long to get back. My friend and I traded our collection back and forth over alternating pregnancies, and she got some new cute stuff since the last time so it is like having a whole new wardrobe. FFTC - I love jean shorts.

Questions: Is anyone else fighting HG? I would love to have someone to commiserate with. Last time I just suffered silently through the depression, and it is honestly harder with a toddler depending on me to feed her this time. Last night all i could stand to give her was pineapples and peas, and I could hardly suffer the smell of the peas.

Tough one! I have traveled a fair bit. We tend to just keep going back to Mexico. I went to Costa Rica in January and loved it, but it was for school so my family wasn't with me.  If they had been there it would have been my favorite for sure.  I need an idea for a babymoon destination in November or December, so this is a great GTKY topic for me, selfishly!
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• Can someone else start this thread next week? My due date changed and I’m Group Two now. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • EDD/W+D:  4/4 7w5d, but it will probably change at my appointment. 

Baby is the size of a(n): playing die

Upcoming appts: Tuesday!! Can’t wait to have our first ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: Nauseous tons. Having some issues sleeping but really tired. 

Rants/Raves: We have a lot of vacations planned this fall and one is to Disney. So sad to not get to ride all the rides!

Questions: this is my second pregnancy and I already have a doula. Anyone else have doulas for this pregnancy?

GTKY: My husband and I went to Aruba for our honeymoon and it was fantastic!! Loved all the food and relaxation. 

• @cmmurphy212 I’m going to Disney in November. It’s my first trip ever. Sad to miss all the rides. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • EDD/W+D: April 7; 7+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming appts: had my dating ultrasound today, everything looks good but (as expected) I wasn’t as far along as they thought based on my LMP, since I’d only had one PP period and didn’t ovulate right away

How are you feeling?: Ugh. The nausea is kicking my butt. I’m also still nursing my son, which is a challenge with the nipple pain/sensitivity

Rants/Raves: My due date works out perfectly for work. I’ll be back with enough time to fulfill my contractual obligation from my current leave before going off again. Plus, my doula is traveling all of March, so will be back for my EDD

Questions: Anyone else still nursing?

This April we took our then six month old on a month long road trip. We’d spent the winter in NYC (we’re from BC), and drove down through New Orleans, over to El Paso, then up through Utah and then over and up through Washington. It wasn’t part of our original plan - I was supposed to fly home while my husband drove straight, but we decided that with the measles outbreak it was too risky to fly with the baby. 

• @danibean19 DD twins! Haha!

@NiceyMeany Glad your OB can get you in with the counselor, even if it’s not right away 

@cmmurphy212 We’re using the same doula, so I contacted her right away

• @mercury94 we go in September so I’ll let you know how it goes!!

@Sailing_Mama this is my first time using a doula. My last pregnancy, I had an induction and my epidural didn’t work. Taking all the support I can get! 
  • EDD/W+D: 7 weeks 4 days - edd april 6,

Baby is the size of a(n): wee raspberry

Upcoming appts: September 17th for midwife

How are you feeling?: tired, bits of nausea, bloat is real 

Rants/Raves: I can't sleep well need to buy a pregnancy pillow. Just purchased my first pair if maternity pants ( didn't need maternity with my first 2 pregnancies) and we told our girls we are expecting a new baby they were so excited our oldest keeps saying there are 2 babies 🙈
     Excited because I got a midwife this time around as well as a doula so far things are going how I hoped this pregnancy.

Questions: 

Our honeymoon was in Niagara falls (canada) and we ended up with our honeymoon baby. I went to Italy when I was in highschool and that was great as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic