Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL w/o 8/19

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY:  Whether we like it or not, fall is on the way. What about the season are you looking forward to?

Re: TTCAL w/o 8/19

• Options

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 2 MMC's - 2/19 and 6/19

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

I'm excited that I started IVF finally. It feels like I was benched and just waiting forever after my last MC. And with my would be due date less than a month away I just really need to feel like I am at least working towards getting PG again. 

I am proud of myself that I got through my injections too. My first night I went out and had to do it in a Texas Roadhouse bathroom lol. Last night went much easier at home. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have a a few monitoring appts this week. So just hoping to see some good follie growth.

GTKY:  Whether we like it or not, fall is on the way. What about the season are you looking forward to?

I actually really love Fall. My birthday is in September so I love that. I also live on the East coast and love when the leaves change color and the cooler weather. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I'm sorry about your impending empty due date tomorrow. But I am glad you will be able to be mostly distracted. I know it's impossible not to think about it though. And I understand the kind of bittersweetness to nothing being wrong. Unexplained diagnoses are so hard. I am unexplained as well and I am glad for nothing to be wrong but also frustrated that there is not much different you can do then but keep trying and hoping for a better outcome. Sending you big hugs <3 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @hanshotfirst77 yay for starting IVF and really getting going on TTGP. Hope you get some good follie growth.

@emeraldduchess sorry about your empty due date tomorrow. Sending creepy internet hugs. I had an empty due date in July and can't remember the day. I think I blocked it out. The next one is in March, I don't think I can forget that one, its the day before my best friends birthday.
    I didn't have any tissue left from my losses for analizing either and things show up "normal", besides for a small fibroid, but I feel thats nothing. Only time will tell what the final results will provide out of all of this.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Two CPs Nov.'18 and July '19.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? This week I finally get to clean my basement, the repairs to it were finally done on Saturday. We had flooding in June and it rained almost every day since then. Been a pretty crumby summer. Am looking forward to next summer already. Also look forward to next cycle. Self benched this cycle to get things back on track after my loss in July.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nothing.

GTKY:  Whether we like it or not, fall is on the way. What about the season are you looking forward to? I like pumpkin spice anything, so that'll be nice. And our one day of fall is normally nice too. We litterally get one nice fall-like day and snow/winter the next day. I live in a weird area. 

• Options
    @hanshotfirst77 So excited and hopeful for you as you enter the IVF process!!!

@emeraldduchess All of the hugs to you, friend.  Empty due dates are SO hard.  I had one in June and another one coming up in October.  I had expected/hoped to be KU by now, so that makes it feel even more empty.  I hope it goes easier than you expect.  I was pretty distracted on mine, and that ended up working out well for me.  Allow yourself to feel whatever you may feel.  <3

@ottergirl81 Man, that's a lot of rain and flooding!  Sorry you're dealing with all of that, but glad repairs are done!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll Wow about your mom saying all that stuff. Good for you for speaking your mind about it all. Reading that hit home with me because I have had similar conversations with my mother. People tell me all the time not to be stressed and that its stress that ruins things. Really hurts my heart. As for what comes after fall, I'm with you on that, I do not like winter very much. We get over 6 months of it here. We may be moving in the next couple of years. 
  • Options

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

MC at 7 weeks in 1/19 & at 5 weeks in 8/19

Felt super optimistic after meeting with the RE last week. The appointment was mainly focused around trying to figure out the losses since I have gotten pregnant twice now. They did some BW for RPL testing and I will have the SHG done after my cycle starts. Hopefully some of that gives us some answers...but if not, I was encouraged to learn that if we are “unexplained”, we have a 60-70% chance of having a successful pregnancy the next time around (at least that’s what the paperwork said that he gave us, so I’m hoping that’s accurate). I get to continue with the same meds I was doing before (which worked) and he will add in Progesterone after O. I unfortunately have to be benched the whole next cycle (which I misunderstood at the appt), but I’m trying to be optimistic...I know it could be a lot worse! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? 

Started RPL testing last week, waiting for results. Will schedule SHG once my cycle starts. 

Fall is my favorite season!! I love pumpkin spice everything as well...and scarves are a big one for sure! Our office is always freezing (even in the Summer like today when it’s over 90 outside), so it’s nice when it’s acceptable to wear a scarf with my outfit! ☺️ Also bonfires & hoodies!! 

@hanshotfirst77 yay, I’m so happy you are getting to proceed with IVF this cycle!! Fingers crossed your monitoring appts go well this week! Glad the injections are going well so far! I’m sure that was interesting doing the first one in a restaurant bathroom! 

@emeraldduchess so sorry for the would-be due date tomorrow! Sending you all the hugs!! 💜 That’s good you will at least be busy for part of the day! I’m rooting for you so hard this cycle!! My first would-be due date is next Friday, and I’m just trying not to think about it at this point...but that is definitely hard to do!

@ottergirl81 sorry you are benched this cycle too! Hopefully you will have lots of things to keep your mind occupied...I’d say cleaning your basement will do the trick! Glad they got the repairs done, so hopefully no more flooding happens! Oh, one day of Fall...that is so sad! Fall is my absolute favorite! 

@shamrocandroll that’s awful you had to deal with that from your mom (who like you said, you told expecting support from)!! That’s good your dad has done some research and is being supportive! Sending you all the hugs! 💜 My fingers are crossed so hard that this is your cycle after your marathon HIO!! 
  • Options
    @bluetickgal Thank you.  Mine are crossed a little too hard as well.  Still mostly optimistic so far.  FX I can stay that way!  Really glad you had a good RE appointment with some promising outlooks!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options

@hanshotfirst77 Great job doing your own injections and bonus points for doing your first in a Texas Roadhouse bathroom! 

@emeraldduchess Sending hugs for tomorrow. ❤❤

@ottergirl81 It's so hard to be benched for a cycle, but for me, it was so important for my mental health. I hope the break has been helpful for you.

@shamrocandroll WTAF to your mother. I'm angry for you! You're right, that's like the worst thing you can say to someone after a loss and the fact that it came from your mom, who should be consoling you, is infuriating. You can thank your mom for anxiety and egg quality, since that can be inherited from our mothers, as well. Ugh, I'm so sorry. Sending big hugs.❤❤

@bluetickgal I'm glad you're feeling good after meeting with your RE! That first appointment was a huge relief for me, too. Your benched cycle will go by fast and then FX you have great results!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 6 losses - 3 MMC's and 3 CP's.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Things are good, although I've been thinking more and more about the possibility that I'll do the egg retrieval and they'll tell me I don't have any eggs good enough to transfer. It seems like a possibility, given my history. I just keep telling myself I only need one good one - although 2-3 would be better. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? US tomorrow to see how my follicles are doing. 

I love everything about fall. That seems pretty basic of me, but I don't care. Just the smell outside puts me in a good mood. Thinking of the smell outside while I'm writing this puts me in a good mood!

• Options
    @ruby696 Thank you.  It did feel pretty betraying.  Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be opening up to her again anytime soon.  Which is really sad because we're very close.  I'm so sorry you're struggling with anxiety about the ER.  It'd be easy for me to tell you to try not to be too worried, but I know that would be hypocritical of me because I worry about literally everything.  I hope you are pleasantly surprised at how well it goes!  Hugs!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll Thank you. And I'm glad your dad has been more supportive.
  • Options
    ottergirl81ottergirl81 member
    edited August 2019
    @bluetickgal great to hear your RE appointment went well and sounds like good things are on the horizon. As well, yes cleaning the basement should keep my mind occupied and I look forward to it. Thank you😉
    edited to add more words.
  • Options
    @hanshotfirst77 thank you. <3 So glad that you're doing well with the injections. You are quite the trooper getting it done in a restaurant bathroom! Rock. Star. I agree, "bittersweet" is the perfect word. I am really glad there aren't any issues, but I still want a reason why I lost my two babies. 

@ottergirl81 ugh, I'm sorry about the flooding. My inlaws had a terrible one in their basement years ago and it was miserable to clean up.  Hope you're able to get everything cleaned and fixed quickly!

@shamrocandroll Holy. Crap. I am so sorry that you had to hear that from your mother. I'm furious for you that she made those comments about stress. Sometimes my mom says stuff to me about IF, pregnancy and miscarriage that I can't believe. Any sentences that start with "I heard..." or "at least", I just shut her down. She's also going waaaaayyyy overboard on pointing out what she feels are signs from God about me and any future babies.  This has gotten the point where I want to tell her to knock it off because it's not helping. Like, just because you saw a robin on a nest doesn't mean I am KU right now! Hugs to you. <3 

@bluetickgal I'm sorry you have to be benched but I'm so glad that you like your RE and are feeling really optimistic.  That's so important!

@ruby696 crossing everything for you with your ultrasound! I'm sorry you're feeling anxious about your ER, but I definitely understand. <3 Oh, and +1 to loving that special autumn smell!

• Options

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. miscarriage 2014 and 2019

Having lots of anxiety with the thoughts of testing. I know if I am KU it just triggers a lot of other worries... I just am not sure I am prepared for this emotionally. 

I have really started pulling more away from my family. I have been really open with my mom about what is going on, but lately I have just not wanted to talk about it and she kinda wants to press the issue. My DH is supportive and he lets me deal with things in my own way. I am starting to go to a counselor today to try and deal with this anxiety. I just need some help to be able to function in life. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope 

I love fall! It is my favorite season!!! I cannot wait for football, hotdogs, and leaves changing! 

• Options
    @emeraldduchess I LOL'd at " just because you saw a robin on a nest doesn't mean I am KU right now!"  Thank you, friend.  <3
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll you're welcome, glad I could make you laugh. <3 
    I do believe in messages from above but sometimes, a bird is just a bird. 

• Options
    @ottergirl81 I'm sorry about being benched. Hope you can get off the bench soon.

@shamrocandroll I am sorry for what your mom said to you. It is so frustrating and hurtful when people say stuff like that and especially from family. It is so unhelpful and just ughh so wrong. I am glad you are getting support from your dad though. I am the opposite my dad says the wrong thing all the time but my mom is my biggest supporter. Sending you big hugs <3

@bluetickgal Thats awesome you had such a great appt! Sorry about the benching, but Fx for the rest of your tests!

@ruby696 I have everything crossed for you IVF buddy! Good luck at your US tomorrow, Fx for some great looking follies!

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls I'm sorry you are struggling with testing. I know it's hard after loss(es) cause you can't just be excited. There is so much added worry and stress. Big hugs <3

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @emeraldduchess I’m sorry for the anniversary coming up and hope you’ll be busy. The DD for my first loss is 8/21, so mine is right after yours.
    @hanshotfirst77 Yay for IVF cycle being here!!!  How did the injections go?
    @mamaof2beautifulgirls I feel you on the TWW anxiety. Luckily / unluckily I’ve had short LP, so that usually makes things easier because often times the decision to test or not is taken out of my hands.
    @shamrocandroll I’m glad your father is being supportive, even if your mom isn’t helpful. Hopefully she will be more thoughtful about how what she says affects you.
    @ruby696 Wishing for all of the good eggs for you!!!

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Sorry I had to leave and run. My planning time is so short! 🤣 

@hanshotfirst77 I am so excited for your IVF!!! I am glad it is getting closer! I so admire your determination!!! You go girl! 

@emeraldduchess I am so sorry for the up coming DD. Also I am sorry for not having any answers for your losses. We did find somethings wrong with me when we completed our RPL testing, but it still didn’t help with the feelings. I really struggled with finding out. I think this situation is like a double edge sword.

I am so sorry about your mom @shamrocandroll people just don’t think about what they are saying. I kinda had the same thing happen this weekend with my aunt and mom. Hugs to you. You just want people to understand and be supportive. Especially your parents.

@ottergirl81 I am sorry about the self benching, but I hope the time away helps everything heal so you can move on in your ttc journey.

@ruby696 I am sorry about the anxiety of IVF. I am glad you are trying to think positively. Because you are right! It only takes one good embryo!!! 

• Options
    @shamrocandroll thank you! I’m hoping the optimism takes you all the way to the May BMB! 

@ruby696 thank you! So sorry you have anxiety about the ER...fingers crossed you have several good eggs! I’m hoping this is it for you! 

@ottergirl81 thank you! I think good things are on the horizon for both of us!!

@emeraldduchess thanks!! Yes, I’m trying to stay optimistic for sure! 

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls sorry about the anxiety with testing! That stinks to be pulling away from your family, but I understand not needing the pressure! We haven’t shared with family at all...so it’s hard being around them sometimes! Glad your DH has been so supportive! Sending hugs!

@hanshotfirst77 thank you! So far the tests that have come back appear to be negative, but I’m hoping to talk to a nurse tomorrow to get some interpretation of them. 
  • Options
    @bluetickgal I don’t know how I missed your post!!! I am glad to hear the visit with the RE went well. I hope you get your result soon and can form a plan! 
  • Options
    @tyrion_way to go!!! I wish I could run a 5k!!! That is awesome!!! Also I wished I lived that close to Disney world!!! We would live there! 🤣 Also I love the Care Bears! Seeing this made me laugh and really lifted my spirits!!! 

@emeraldduchess also I love your picture of the rainbow! It gives me such hope!!!❤️
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess love it! Thanks for sharing!! ☺️

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls no worries. Thanks so much! I hope your meeting with the counselor went well yesterday! 

@tyrion_ I’m sorry last week was a struggle! Each month that goes by without that positive is tough, it doesn’t matter how long it’s been...your feelings are totally valid! Great job on your race!! That is definitely sad you don’t get to experience Fall! I don’t have anything as cool as the Care Bears (that was awesome btw), but here ya go...

• Options
    bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited August 2019
    That was my first gif!! Woohoo! I was inspired to try by the ones posting their first last night!! Haha...it’s the little things! 

*Edited for too many words...apparently I can gif now but I can’t type! 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls sure hope sering a counselor will help with things, I have been thinking I need to see one also. So good that YH is very supportive as well.

@emeraldduchess rainbows are always a good sign! Especially in all of our cases😉

@tyrion_ Great job on the 5k! I haven't done one in ages. I can't run, but can walk very fast. Doing during AF is in itself a huge accomplishement. Love the carebears gif, its very appropriate👍

@bluetickgal Yay first gif! 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess love the rainbow! I hope it is too<3

@tyrion_ It can be so hard when another failed month comes and goes. Especially after losses. Big hugs <3 And yay for September birthdays! I'm the 16th!

@bluetickgal I'm glad your tests came back normal but understand the struggle when nothing is wrong. Unexplained is so hard to cope with. Fx your SHG goes well next cycle!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    @ottergirl81 glad the benched cycle is going well so far! Hope you can get the basement finished before your trip...I’m sure it’ll be nice to not have to think about it while you are gone! 

@hanshotfirst77 thank you!! Nothing being wrong really is a good thing I know, but it’s definitely an odd feeling wanting there to be something so it can be fixed. 
  • Options

Hi!  MC July '19

Things are okay.  I'm actually feeling super sad, first complete cycle after MC is now over with.  I had an unreasonable expectation of getting PG again right away after my loss.  But I O'ed a week earlier than usual, barely caught it, and had excessive cramping and breast tenderness afterward.  I was hoping that meant I was PG again, but more likely still recovering.  I'm feeling particularly down because SO will be in India for 10 days for his cousin's wedding during expected FW (and we already work in different states right now), so likely will miss out on TTC this month.  Just disappointing!!

Going well... we were in Mich for the weekend to spend time with family and it went perfectly!  We even brought our cat and he had a great time too!  We walked him around my dad's big lawn and out to the tree line and he was having a ball.  He usually has to stay inside because we live in a city apartment.  He was furious when it was time to go back inside haha.

GTKY:  Looking forward to Michigan football, beautiful Texas weather, and boots! 

@tyrion_ yes Food and Wine festival!!  We have Restaurant Week coming up and I'll be partaking!

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls I love football too!  Who is your team??

• Options
    @hanshotfirst77 I'm so glad the injections went well and I'm so excited for your ivf!

@emeraldduchess I hope your day went well yeaterday and as far as rpl testing, it's great that nothing's wrong, but sucky that you have no explanation for your losses.

@ottergirl81 hopefully your benched cycle will fly by! And I hope the basement cleaning/organizing is coming along

@shamrocandroll omg your mother! It sucks when you talk to someone hoping that they'll be a support system for you and it bites you in the ass. Hugs!

@bluetickgal I'm so glad your RE appointment went well! I bet finally having a game plan feels amazing! I have mine tomorrow and I can't wait!

@ruby696 I'm sorry you're having anxiety about your eggs. FX you have a ton of perfect eggs ready to fertilize and transfer

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls I'm sorry you've been having so much anxiety about testing but I'm so glad to hear the therapist helped you. Hugs, my friend.

@tyrion_ it doesn't matter how long you've tried, the let down every month sucks, big time. Awesome job on the 5k! 

@gh1219 lol, I love that your took your cat on vacation!
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow @splashmountain! I can't wait to hear how it went!
  • Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls thats great to hear your counseling visit went well. Having read that has encouraged me a little into doing some research on where to find a counselor in my area.

@gh1219 I'm sorry about your recent loss, its never easy and always disapointing. You're in the right place for support though! Getting through a tough time builds us up to keep moving forward and looking ahead to what the future holds. Sure hope the time your SO is gone goes by fast so you can be together again.

@splashmountain ugh training a newbie, I wish you lots of luck and sanity! Can't wait to see the shirt you made.

• Options
    @Mamaof2beautifulgirls so glad the counseling went well! 

@gh1219 welcome, and so sorry for your loss! Glad you had a good weekend and your cat enjoyed being outdoors! Hope the time your SO is gone will fly by, and maybe it won’t end up being during FW! 

@splashmountain thank you! Yes, it feels so good having a plan! Hope your RE appt goes well tomorrow, looking forward to hearing about it! 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @splashmountain I am so glad your RE appointment is tomorrow! I hope you can form a plan. I cannot wait to hear all about it!!! ❤️