Re: Meal Plan Monday 8/19

• Options
    Monday - ham, sweet potatoes, Italian green beans
    Tuesday - chicken fettuccine alfredo, broccoli 
    Wednesday - steak tips and gravy, mashed potatoes, asparagus
    Thursday - chicken enchiladas, salad
    Friday - leftovers or take out
  • Options
    @marebear15 I’m just going to copy your menu every week. I feel like you have your life together 😆. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 same 😅 @marebear15 always has a good menu. I never post in these because half the time it's just whatever we have on hand and I make it work. I usually only have something planned if I'm trying a new recipe. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 @peppyj9 😂 Most of the time we deviate from this plan at least once or twice, but I hate going to the store in the middle of the week because I'm missing something, so I meal plan every Saturday before shopping. I also have a spreadsheet of meals I know DH likes that I choose from, and then I throw new ones in as I get bored. 
  • Options
    Monday- Chicken and Zucchini Stir Fry
    Tuesday- Taco Tuesday
    Wednesday- Grilled Cheese and Salad (it's a craving)
    Thursday- rehearsal dinner for brother-in-laws wedding

I also love @marebear15 posts! A spreadsheet of DH approved meals is such a great idea
  • Options
    @marebear15 I need to do the spreadsheet! That’s brilliant! I find the hardest part is coming up with ideas. Sometimes I just don’t have any 🤷🏻‍♀️. A spreadsheet would be a lifesaver. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 a spreadsheet is genius! Seriously. Not sure why I never thought of that, because, while I have plenty of recipes to pull from, I can never seem to remember them for dinner ideas. 
  • Options
    Monday:  Cornbread Chicken Pot Pie
    Tuesday:  Ground Beef Tacos/Fajitas
    Wednesday:  Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Acorn Squash and Beets
    Thursday:  Garlic Butter Trout with Broccoli and Rice
    Friday:  Leftovers or out
    Weekend:  Fly by the seat of my pants...lol!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @marebear15 the spreadsheet is a brilliant idea! The challenge with us is that we tend to eat the same things over and over and get bored.

Are we the only ones who eat the same meal every night each week?? 
  • Options
    @persnickity not at all. I like to try new recipes but our staple fallback is chicken, broccoli and rice. We have it like 3 times a week. In theory, I want to change it up but unless I'm trying a new recipe, that's what's always on hand so that's what we eat. I'm going to try the spreadsheet idea though and see how that goes! 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 We make a big batch and eat the same thing everything night for the week. We'll occasionally make something different for DD (just turned 2) if she's refusing to eat. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 I need to do the spreadsheet idea. I have too many meals that I make to keep straight in my head that I can't think about what to make each week.

Monday: Fried Chicken
    Tuesday: Falafel
    Wednesday: Buffalo Chicken Wraps

I also had a 4th meal but I forgot we are traveling Thursday afternoon for the wedding on Friday so I guess that'll be a meal we make over the weekend which is Chicken Tortilla Soup
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    Sunday: frozen pizza 
    Monday: crockpot cheesy chicken & rice
    Tuesday: leftovers 
    Wednesday: lasagna & breadsticks 
    Thursday: leftovers 

Easy week because Harper has a dance camp Monday-Thursday this week.  No idea what we'll do Friday or Saturday yet. 😬
  • Options
    Does anyone have good instantpot recipes? We’ve probably only used ours 3 or 4 times and I’d love to get a good list of recipes to use with it.
  • Options
    kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited August 2019
    @marebear15 do you section off your spreadsheet with full meals, including sides, or do you have a section for main and then a section for sides to choose from? 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 - My spreadsheet is just entries. I then pair it with a carb and a veggie if the main meal doesn't already have one of those in it. DH and I don't like many veggies, so it's usually salad, green beans, broccoli, or asparagus. The carb is usually potatoes, rice, or noddles, sometimes muffins.
  • Options
    @valerie4786 crockpot cheesy chicken and rice sounds delicious
    @marebear15 so true what everyone is saying, I'm always inspired by your meals, I'm the worst meal planner and have zero motivation right now. I feel with DD everything is hard

Monday - Tuna Pasta with some form of veggie inside
    Tuesday - Piri Piri Chicken burgers with slaw and corn (meal order food)
    Wednesday - maybe a rice dish with broccoli! 
    Thursday - Asparagus and Zucchini Risotto (this is from the meal order like Hello Fresh)
    Friday - company picnic so I'll take leftovers :)
    Weekend - whatever happens 

Question: Anyone else randomly throwing Tuna into their diet? I know high levels is not recommended but is once a week still ok?

• Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k i hope so because I had a tuna sandwich for lunch LOL 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I still eat tuna steak at least once a week. I think up to twice a week is still ok, according to my dietician 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k my ob just said don't eat it more than twice in a week! But fish is fine in smaller quantities :)
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23