April 2020 Moms

Weekly Questions -Week of 8/18

Throw out those questions, ladies! 

Re: Weekly Questions -Week of 8/18

• Would anyone be interested in a thread on fitness/exercise and pregnancy? I'm hoping to keep as active as possible this time around, and could use a little accountability.
  • ruby_loveruby_love member
    edited August 2019
    @aresee Do you mean like a daily or weekly check-in posting workouts? I like that. 😊

I had had previously been on BabyBump (they closed the app) and had the best fitness group! By posting workouts it kept us accountable and I think I actually did more because of it. 

BUT! I am sooo nauseous right now that I know I won’t be doing my normal routine until I get a little further along. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I would be interested in a fitness thread! I've been exercising daily and hitting the gym 4 to 5 times a week prior to this pregnancy but after getting my BFP 3 days ago, I feel exhausted and unmotivated. Trying to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.   :s
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited August 2019
    I have seen Fit Fridays on other BMBs. I think it’s even listed in the organization list. But, feel free to start something different if you prefer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • I agree with adding the Fit Fridays thread! I was only 6 pounds away from my pre-baby weight before I got my BFP. I’m hoping to stay healthy this time around!

Does anyone know if the doctor can tell how far along you are or if you’re pregnant with multiples without an ultrasound? 
    I moved from the USA to Nova Scotia a couple of years ago, and the island I live on does not offer ultrasounds until 20 weeks, and then that’s the last one you get too unless the dr suspects something is wrong. 

It’s so different from when I was pregnant in Illinois because my dr there gave me an ultrasound at nearly every check up. 

The dr here will only measure my belly and listen to the doppler at my checkups, but twins run in my family and I don’t want to wait until 20 weeks to find out such important information.
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited August 2019
    @emsnedds I’ve never known of anyone who learned they were having twins without an ultrasound. Maybe the doppler could pick up 2 heartbeats? I can’t think of a good way to do reliable dating without one either except maybe fundal height later in the pregnancy. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 Yeah, that was kind of my thought process, too. I guess I’m just in shock at the difference in healthcare here. I received early ultrasounds in the states and moved back to the USA last summer for 3 months to give birth to my son, and I might end up doing the same thing this time. 

• @mercury94 I'd seen it in the list, but hadn't seen anyone post it, so I wasn't sure if people were interested. Glad to see at least some are! Thanks.
  • Question about the board, because I don't want to commit a faux pas, but what happened to MBF? And is TW Tues just for trophies, or also for twatwaffles? Are these *whispers* against the TOU now? *ends whisper*
  • @emsnedds is there a private ultrasound place you can find? 
    Could you also mention to your doctor that multiples run in your family, and that you're keen on finding out earlier rather than later if thats the case?
  • @babybison No. those are not against the TOU. They might be listed on the organization thread, even. I’ve thought about posting them, but I did WTF Wed and FFFC one week and they didn’t get much traction. There are more of us now, though. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 Thanks! I feel like, since pregnant people are supposed to be so happy in the outside world, it's nice to have a place to come vent with people who get it. 
  • @sanpelligrino Yes, I think that’s what I’ll discuss with my dr tomorrow. I have an appointment in the am and I’ll see what he says. Unfortunately, he’s unlikely to schedule me for an ultrasound without concern. There is a private ultrasound place nearby, but it’s $200 each time you go, and I would have to go there to find out the sex as well (long story short, no drs on Cape Breton Island will tell you the sex of your baby). I don’t want to pay twice, so if my dr won’t schedule one so I can find out if I’m having multiples, then I’ll have to wait to find out at the same time that I go to find out the sex of the baby. 
  • Just got back from my appointment and good news! He agreed to sign me up for an early ultrasound to confirm EDD and determine if I’ve just got one baby or more! Woo! Thanks for your help ladies. I didn’t get to have an early ultrasound in NS last time, and ended up going to an American dr during vacation, so this is great. 
  • @emsnedds I’m from Canada as well and it’s the same thing. Only a 20 week ultrasound unless there are concerns. It might be too late for this but if you say at the first appt you’re unsure of dates they should send you for an early one for dating. We also have a private u/s place where you can pay $25 for an early one just to see the heartbeat. It’s more expensive later on for a longer one/3D/ gender determination. 
  • @kath1414 Thank you! I did actually see my dr today and told him I’m unsure of the exact DD because I never got my cycle back since weaning my 1 yo DS.  So he is going to schedule an early ultrasound (woohoo)!  Unfortunately the only place near me for private ultrasounds is $80 or more depending on what you want done, and I already have to go there at some point to find out the sex, so I only want to go once. 
    Good to know someone else living in Canada is here and can relate to the different type of healthcare! I’m definitely not used to it, so I appreciate your help!
  • @emsnedds good news and hope you can get the answers you are looking for! Waiting is the hardest. 

I have a separate question - any ladies out here golf? I just started golfing this summer and really enjoy it. Hoping to do some more before winter comes and I’ve read it shouldn’t be an issue as long as you stay hydrated, don’t go in extreme heat and don’t exhaust yourself. Anyone out there into golfing and have done it while pregnant? 
  • @kalee9  I used to go golfing when I was pregnant with my first. I haven’t been golfing since I gave birth to her, but that’s because I don’t live near family and rarely have access to a good babysitter. I didn’t experience any issues when golfing pregnant though  :)
  • @emsnedds awesome, great to hear! Thanks for the reassurance 
  • @kalee9 I went golfing last weekend! I just monitored my heart rate and made sure I didn’t over exhaust myself!