February 2020 Moms
Options

Tasty Tuesday

What are you enjoying eating lately? Got anything cooking on the meal plan this week?

Recipes are encouraged!
Me: 38, DH: 36 
Married Jan 2008 
DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

Re: Tasty Tuesday

• Options
    I need new ideas for lunch. I have been eating guacamole toast but I am getting sick of it. I used to eat cold cut sandwiches every day. I also can’t eat nuts :(
  • Options
    Yesterday I made veggie burritos. I slow sauteed an onion, mixed in orange bell pepper and kidney beans. Added to burrito tortilla with 1/4 avocado, hot sauce, cheese and sour cream. YUM. 

DD ate the avocado bell pepper and one bean. I also made her a quesadilla which she ate one triangle of and demanded "mommy's cheese" which was cottage cheese that looks just like the sour cream container. She might have eaten as much as a cup of cottage cheese (she had three servings). Could be worse! :smiley:
    Married Jan 2008 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jvk2012 - sorry I've been eating granola for lunch - I have no inspiration either! The best is when there is leftovers from dinner but lately I am 50/50 on being able to eat it.

Otherwise -salads. I like salads with berries and goat cheese or full fat feta and almonds.
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    @leksiL I miss feta. 😢 Not drinking wine hasn't bothered me and I never cared for sushi, but I have been craving feta. 
  • Options
    AFM, this child is digging poultry and fries. So I eat a lot of turkey sandwiches and occasionally go get good fries because those are what satisfy the craving. I also had a bizarre craving for root beer before bed the other night and when I tried to ignore it (so that I wouldn't be up all night) I ended up feeling so sick. I finally gave in and drank it. 
  • Options
    mandk1233 said:
    @leksiL I miss feta. 😢 Not drinking wine hasn't bothered me and I never cared for sushi, but I have been craving feta. 
    Most feta in the US is pasteurized. I’ve just been checking the label at the grocery store to make sure it is and then I’ve been eating it.😊 To be safe, I won’t eat it at a restaurant since I can’t be sure. (Unless you’re avoiding it for a different reason)
  • Options
    mandk1233mandk1233 member
    edited August 2019
    @nhh11 Totally paranoid FTM here. Everything I have read says that pasteurized or not it is more likely to have whatever bacteria is in soft cheeses, so I am avoiding to be on the safe side. I did have it on pizza a couple weeks ago though and it was so yummy. 
  • Options
    I am a freak and one of my favorite things to eat is brown rice or pasta with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, half an avocado, sriracha, apple cider vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil. You mash it all up and stir it until the avocado and other sauces make a spicy cream sauce. It's what I have for lunch today. It's what I ate instead of dinner last night. I can't stop eating this! It's how I used to survive off $30 of groceries weekly right when I graduated college (buy the rice/pasta bulk and get the veggies frozen) and for some reason it's all I want to eat!

Also typical preggo- PICKLES. I ate a jar of olives, a jar of pickled okra, half a jar of kimchi, and half a big jar of bubbies extra sour dills this week. I'm really craving some pickled beets but my typical grocery store doesn't have them. Where do you buy fancy artisan pickled beets? I'm thinking something spicy or maybe with garlic!
  • Options
    @craftywitch that does sound good! I would just do double cauliflower and skip the broccoli and can you roast it instead of steam? I love just eating plain roasted cauliflower with loads of EVOO though and salt and pepper YUM.

I can't stand the thought of pickles though. I would try a specialty Italian shop ?
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    @leksiL Thanks! Oh yeah I bet an Italian deli type shop would have them- they always have olive bars... And YES on the roasted cauliflower! I just do steamed for convenience- throw the colander of veg on top of the pasta or rice while they cook. During the winter I've always got the oven going to help heat the house though. Man I can't wait for fall!
  • Options
    Steamed broccoli is my go to veggie lately. I should get some cauliflower too and/or try your idea @craftywitch
  • Options
    All I want is cold stuff and mostly veggies. I have stuck with my tomato sandwiches and green onions and hummus diet but it's SO HARD with DH. He always wants to have different meals and it's getting exhausting lol. We did do grilled shrimp and corn on the cob last night which was good and it was easy!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    Burgers and sushi. I had the best sushi the other night and it’s all I’ve been thinking about. DH is on his way home from work bringing me a burger with jalapeños, fried onion rings and extra pickles with a garlic aioli.... I wish I craved salads sometimes ha! 
  • Options
    @craftywitch wow I have never thought about steaming a basket of veggies in the same pot as the pasta  - that is brilliant!
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    @craftywitch I’ve been eating Costco’s sauerkraut and olives non-stop. I’ve also fallen back on a childhood favorite (less healthy than yours though!) cheese, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches. 

I have been craving mostly healthy-ish stuff- Cesar salads, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, apples. That is until recently, is anybody here familiar with Cincinnati style chili?? It’s all I want now! 
  • Options
    tmk2021tmk2021 member
    edited August 2019
    @doodleoodle I’m from Cincinnati so I’m very familiar with it 😊 Surprisingly, I’m not generally a huge fan (too much cinnamon) but the past couple weeks I’ve been thinking about it. My husband LOVES it so we’re going to have to go to Skyline at least once when we go back to Ohio in a few months. 
  • Options
    @kmj1426 I've been craving sushi, too! Specifically fish covered in soy sauce. We trust most sources here in Japan, so I have to stock up before we move back to the U.S. in September (or at least that's the excuse I give hubby for wanting sushi every time we go out).
  • Options
    There is literally nothing that sounds good to eat!! Which is so weird because I normally loove food. Meals mean finding something I can tolerate 😔

I guess the most satisfying thing I've eaten in the last few weeks was a pickle on a stick at the local county fair. It was so good I got a second one!