Group 1 Check-in (12/1-12/8) w/o 8/12

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: How would your friends describe you?

Re: Group 1 Check-in (12/1-12/8) w/o 8/12

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23w4d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): I'm annoyed because today she is the size of a bottle of tea but yesterday she was as long as a Twizzler (?) 

Upcoming Appointments: glucose screen and 24 wk appointment with the nurse practitioner on 8/22

How are you feeling?: I feel really good, although I did a lot of walking over the weekend which left my feet hurting, even though I wore sensible shoes.  I think my feet are just struggling to support my new weight.  

Rants/Raves:  I feel like insomnia is starting to set in.  I think it's a combination of hormones, anxiety, and trouble staying comfortable.  I still wake up on my back quite often after falling asleep on my side.  I've also started getting leg cramps and needing to pee in the early hours.

Questions:  any STM+ have strong feelings about a certain brand of diapers?  Or are they all basically the same?

GTKY: How would your friends describe you?  Introverted, quirky, dependable
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25W1D

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pinktastic!  🥰

Baby is the size of a(n):  Fruit Pie, box of Chips Ahoy?

Upcoming Appointments:  Nothing until next month- blood work and check in :)

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good- definitely getting a bigger bump now!  This girl's moving a lot, I was watching the profile of my stomach for kicks the other day- so cool.  Sleep has been getting lighter again lately, lots of weird dreams.  Could be for a few different reasons on that.  I'm still sensitive to certain foods, which is annoying.  Usually healthy foods that I would normally enjoy.  Ugh.

Rants/Raves:  Work has been tough lately, so this week we’re taking a little break and getting away for a couple of days.  Sooo looking forward to that.  

Questions:  Anybody using their pregnancy as an excuse to not go to tons of other baby showers?  Some reason, I’m getting lots of baby shower invites from distant relatives that I’m not even friends with.  Too much for me right now- I’m sending little gifts ❤️😛

GTKY: How would your friends describe you?  I think they would describe me as kind, funny maybe?  Probably a Disneyland-aholic. Not sure- that’s a tough question!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 I think most cloth diapers are about the same.  When I went to disposable, I tried to use seventh generation, just because it was more biodegradable and less weird chemicals against baby’s skin.  They cost a little more, but they worked great!
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12

DS could only wear Pampers. He leaked through every other kind of diaper.

With DD I used Seventh Generation, but then they discontinued the style I liked (Touch of Cloth), so we moved to Honest Co. and those worked great for her (and also looked adorbs!) 

I’m leaning towards Honest Co again for this babe, but might look into Hello Bello as well. 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23w5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Big toe is as big as a pencil eraser? 

Upcoming Appointments: 8/14 for 24 week check up

How are you feeling?: My hips are killing me. Especially if I’ve been sitting for a while. I feel like a 90 year old woman hobbling around 

Rants/Raves: Ds only has a week left of summer break and while I’m excited to get back into routine I’m dreading waking up so early. I don’t sleep well at all anymore and I’m exhausted as it is

Questions: Embarrassing but it’s been so long that I can’t remember- how many newborn size and 3/0-3 months sleepers or pieces of clothing are you getting?

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? Funny, talkative, outgoing, reliable. Hopefully lol
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I’m using my bump to get out of all sorts of things haha

@blueskychicago12 I loved pampers swaddlers when ds was a newborn but when we reached a size 2 we switched to Huggies. The pampers started leaking and Huggies was the first brand we tried and they just stuck. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24w 1d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): box of chips ahoy cookies (are they trying to invoke different cravings?!)

Upcoming Appointments: glucose screen Monday and follow up scan 8/29

How are you feeling?: I feel really big the last week or so. The extra weight is no joke on my feet and body in general. And I still have quite awhile to go (ugh!)

Rants/Raves:  

Questions:  what can I expect from the glucose test? Any tips/tricks? I remember reading some on a thread awhile back but can’t find it now!

GTKY: How would your friends describe you?  Athletic, fun, sassy
  • Options
    Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks. Work has been so busy and DH and I were in Prague for almost a week! 
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/3, 24w2d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Found out at our AS that we are having another little boy! When we told DS (18 mos), he shook his fists and said "ya, ya ya YEAH" Not that he really understands but it was so cute <3

Baby is the size of a(n): cantelope

Upcoming Appointments: 26 week test and glucose screen at the end of the month

How are you feeling?: Not only has work been busy, but physically exhausting. This month I am working with a couple elementary school kiddos for 4 hours straight who are very physically active (like trying to jog by them as they learn to ride a bike!) Sleep has started to get a bit more uncomfortable too- seems like a lot of us are here!

Rants/Raves: Prague was absolutely beautiful and DS loved his time with grandparents.

GTKY: How would your friends describe you? I think they would call me the mom/planner even before I was a mom ;)

@blueskychicago12 Early on, I liked Huggies, but lately we've been using the Target Up and Up brand for both during the day and then overnight diapers too. They are so much cheaper and seem to work well for DS

@k_mama91 I think we probably had like 5ish newborn sleepers and 10ish 0-3 months? I didn't buy a lot of newborn stuff because I'd heard some babies barely even fit in them at birth. DS was 8 lbs at birth and fit in 0-3 almost right away. I also remember having a lot of onesies that we didn't even get to wear (DS was also a winter baby) because we were almost exclusively in PJs all the time.

@lamarshall my OB told me to eat normally beforehand. I was given the drink at my last appointment and am supposed to drink it an hour before my appointment and then that hour is fasting. Didn't have any issues with my first glucose test (and fingers crossed this time is the same!), I definitely have a sweet tooth that intensifies during pregnancy :)

• Options
    @sjb2215 thanks! My ds was also a winter baby but it’s been so long I can’t remember much about the clothing. I remember loving the Carters outfits with the onesie pants and little vests or jackets but know we used those closer to 3 months. 
  • Options
    @k_mama91 Our daughter was a November baby, I remember using a lot of footed onesies, mostly Carter’s.  Just simple and soft, cozy for her.  Also, lots of blankets! One of her first trips out we took her to pick our Christmas tree, and she was in the baby bjorn wrapped up with a little hat on.  Of course this is California mountains at Christmas time, so nothing too crazy!!

Hope you are all doing well this week.  Almost time to post again tomorrow 😊!