EDD/Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Are you doing/have already done a baby moon? If so where are you going?

Re: All group check in 8/12

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days:  11/14 26+4

Baby is the size of a(n): prairie dog 😂😂

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  it’s a girl!

Upcoming Appointments: officially on a biweekly schedule. 8/23 for tdap booster

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): so hot. Why is there summer? 

Rants/Raves: nursery is pretty much done, baby shower scheduled. Husband is thisclose to buying his dad car and I think that deserves a rave!
    rant: Jesus LAWD my mother in law. Just gonna leave it at that.

Questions: nothing right now 

im sick of traveling. First and 2nd tri I was gone at least 3 weekends out of every month. We have a couple more weddings that are relatively local so that kind of eats up the rest of my travel friendly weeks. We are free for Labor Day (I have no idea how that happened) so I think we will try to make the most of that in a staycation, “treat yo self” kind of way. 
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/6; 27+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Lettuce

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Regular checkup on 8/26

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): The sweet tooth is unreal these days! Also, my belly has started itching which is driving me crazy and then my favorite symptom from last pregnancy - a burning sensation under my left boob. I think it's just itchy skin and where my bra band sits, but the only real relief is if I go bra-less and keep my chest propped up off my stomach. Somehow I don't think HR or my coworkers would appreciate it if I used that remedy during the day  :D

Rants/Raves: Rant: I feel like I'm the only one researching things for our daughter (PT, moving to big girl bed, etc) and for our unborn baby (daycares, getting the house prepped) and it's starting to really get to me. I've become so snarky with my husband, it's just driving me crazy. 

Questions: None right now

We went to Savannah for our first pregnancy, but none this time around. My husband mentioned it a while back and I suggested somewhere close (like a 2 hour drive vs flight) and then nothing ever came of it. I wish he'd just plan something for the two of us (I'm tired of thinking per my rant ha), but summer just gets so busy with family vacays and birthdays. I doubt we go anywhere, but I'd love to even have DD spend the weekend with some grandparents so we can make progress on our to-do list around the house.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Cl4157 🤣 Your MIL...I feel you
    @BNBT I effing hate wearing a bra right now!!! No bra club!

EDD/Weeks + Days: 27w+1d
    Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce?? wtf?
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: boy
    Upcoming Appointments: 8/20 for a 28 week checkup

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): can’t sleep!! I can’t fall asleep or stay asleep and now I’m super cranky. Plus I feel large and can’t see my woo-ha when I look down 😒

Rants/Raves: rant that MH is leaving for a work thing for a week and I have to feed myself 😫 He does the cooking normally...so we meal prepped but I have a feeling it’s going to be cereal and pasta when I’m alone

Questions: none!

we went away for a long weekend to Portland OR...it was nice! Calm and relaxing. We’ll probably go to Palm Springs for a spa weekend. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 26+3

Baby is the size of a(n): kale?

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: 8/26 I think, 28 wk OB appt

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): pretty good for the most part. Heartburn is here to stay I think.

Rants/Raves:
    Rave: just had my first chiropractor appt and it felt good. I'm just hoping it continues to help.
    Rant: acne 😤

Questions: nome

We're getting away for a kid free weekend to Myrtle Beach in Sept! Just not looking forward to the drive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov 18/ 26 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): I’m copying @gumby22c and going with Kale. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 6TM 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 21st for glucose challenge. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I feel good hear days. My hip hasn’t been hurting as much and I haven’t had too many cravings. I have been easier to upset lately. Poor DH has caught the brunt of that. The other night I took the dog to the vet and when I got home saw that he had fed and was in the process of bathing all the kids. Then he helped put them to bed. By the time I got downstairs I was upset with him for not starting on dinner (that is his usual responsibility, he prefers to do it). I stayed made the next day too. I knew it was ridiculous and even apologized for it when he came to talk to me about. I felt so bad for treating him like that. 

Rants/Raves: we start school today. So that is exciting. I’m also needing to go shopping for the girl’s shoes for my SIL’s wedding this weekend. I sorta let it slip up on me. The shoe things is stressful because I have to find silver shoes. I really hope I can find them something, anything at this point. 

Questions:

GTKY: Are you doing/have already done a baby moon? If so where are you going? I guess we are doing a baby moon/family vacation. We are going to Hawaii three first week in September. I’m excited but kinda scared for the plane ride with my youngest. I will need lots of things to keep her busy. Although, she is riding in a car seat this time so I won’t be stuck under her once she falls asleep. So maybe I can avoid all the swelling from last time. 

Eta: only going to Hawaii for 1 week. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Autocorrect hates everything I try to spell out. 
  • Options
    @cl4157 MIL drama is always fun. I hope it isn’t something too awful. Also, we need to see pictures of this finished nursery. 

@BNBT I think it’s a man vs woman things for researching stuff like that. He would probably just randomly choose a daycare and go with it not realizing all the things that need to be considered. My husband is the same way. I’m always like, why are you not interested in finding out everything you can about this stuff. He knows I will do it and then tell him what we need/need to do. 

@mc0303 my husband does all the cooking too. We would starve if it was left up to me. 😂

@gumby22c I get random heartburn throughout the day. I get it when I drink water. 😒 enjoy your myrtle beach trip. I haven’t been there in a long time but it was beautiful. 
  • Options
    @cl4157 I feel you with the MIL comment.  :D

@bnbt Add me to the no bra club. Best part of my day is when I get home and can take it off. 

@mc0303 A spa weekend sounds like heaven. Enjoy! 

@gumby22c Heartburn has been brutal for me this pregnancy. At my last appointment, I got the okay to start taking Zantac twice a day and it has given me such relief. I highly recommend it! 

@emeraldcity1214 Hawaii sounds incredible. As for the plane ride, I recommend bringing some books and small toys. Also, try downloading as many videos as you can ahead of time. Once DD quickly got bored with the books/toys, the videos kept her entertained for majority of the flight.  

EDD/Weeks + Days: November 7 / 27+4

Baby is the size of a(n): cabbage

Upcoming Appointments: GD test on Friday, Midwife appointment on 8/19. After that, I start going every two weeks.  :#

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Pretty good, other than some occasional low back pain. Zantac has been helping my heart burn, which has been a major relief.

Emotionally speaking, I'm doing better this week.

TW - death mentioned
    One of my coworkers passed away unexpectedly last week. He was super young, only in his late 30's, and it was a big hit to our small staff. We weren't super close by any means, but it's still hard to think that I'll never see his face or hear his voice in the office ever again. 

Rants/Raves: We made major progress on our house renovations this weekend. We're in the process of renovating our old office into a master bedroom. It had this extra storage space that we didn't really use before and we were able to convert into a walk-in closet for me over the weekend. My H already uses the other closet in that room anyway, so it made perfect sense for this to be our master. The goal is to finish painting and be all moved in there by labor day.  Once we're moved out of our current bedroom, we can start fixing it up to be baby boy's room. I would have loved to be further along in this process, but we've had some delays along the way. At this point, all I care about is getting the basics done before he's born: walls painted and furniture set-up. I can decorate as I have time to do so later on.

Questions:

GTKY: Are you doing/have already done a baby moon? If so where are you going? Not really. The closest we have is a kid free night next month. We're going to a wedding at the end of September and we'll be staying overnight. DD will be spending the night with my parents. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Options
    I'm going to check in here real quick while I eat lunch. I've been pretty productive today so far so I feel good about that, and hope it continues into the afternoon!

EDD/Weeks + Days: 28+1, 11/3

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: baby girl

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my GTT last week and so next time I'll be seen is 8/27. On the bi-weekly schedule now.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): today I feel super stretched out and crazy hungry/thirsty for some reason. I have a little bit of I think sciatica pain on my left side.

Rants/Raves: Both a rant and a rave is I'm totally swamped with side work but I've been pretty productive today and over the weekend so I got a lot done so far today. After I finish eating I need to keep the momentum going. I've taken on my last large-ish project until after baby so I'm sort of feeling extra motivated to tie all this stuff up.

Questions:

No baby moon really - we're going to Cape Cod next week for a week for vacation, but DS is coming with us and I'm unsure how relaxing it will be, haha. It should still be nice though to be "living" on the ocean for a week.

@klstone25 I'm sorry about your coworker. That is really hard to deal with especially a younger person.

@emeraldcity1214 good luck with the silver shoe hunt! And, I've been the same with my H - very irritable and unforgiving over small things.

@gumby22c I went to Myrtle beach a few years back and loved it!! Enjoy!

@mc0303 MH cooks when he is home mostly. I do cook, but I hate it. Get yourself a pizza girl! Also, I can't sleep either and it suuuuuucks.

@BNBT my stomach is itchy too. But, I have to wear a bra or my boobs just ache. Are you still wearing "real" bras? Maybe try like a sports bra.. its pretty much all I wear now, even to work sometimes. I'm not super huge even pregnant though, like a D right now. I know that might be not enough support if you're bigger than that. MH is also exactly the same as yours,  seems completely unconcerned with all the planning that needs to happen in the next 3 months. It's annoying.

@cl4157 ugh, sorry about the MIL drama! I think a quiet weekend at home sounds really nice at this point actually.

• Options
    @klstone25 I am so sorry about your coworker. That is so rattling. Goodness, that is way too young.  <3
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    @klstone25 I'm so sorry about your coworker. That is so young!

@creamcheeseplease I've already moved on to nursing bras haha. I've grown much more than I did last time and my regular bras just can't contain me anymore. Plus the nursing bras are so comfy and stretchy. It's really only an issue when my skin gets itchy, then the burning starts.

@emeraldcity1214 @creamcheeseplease @gumby22c enjoy all of your upcoming vacations! I'm so jealous!

@emeraldcity1214 good luck on the first day of school today! I'm super impressed you are doing school for your kids!
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 happy first day of school!  I’ve always wondered, do they have a different schedule there due to the winter weather?

@gumby22c I hear you on acne, I look like a 13 year old.  My typical products aren’t helping 😩

@cl4157 prairie dog 😂 My other app is a Puffin for this week.  My niece gets a kick out of the animal comparisons.  

@mc0303 I can’t even look around my belly to see down there anymore, not very convenient during bathing suit weather but whateverrr.  I went to regular waxing appts last time but I don’t have the time in my schedule right now.  A spa weekend sounds amazing!  I have two couples massage gift cards we’ve been holding onto, I want to combine them and make a day of it with my husband.  

@BNBT I agree, the researching everything has got to be a female thing.  My husband could care less about researching options, he’s like “ok, yup, whatever you say” whenever I bring up something.  The most he’ll contribute are his experiences from either talking to guys at work or a one off Reddit thread he read when I asked him to do some research.  I really don’t mind, but at the same time, I wish they at least pretended to want to help without being asked.  

EDD/Weeks + Days: 24 +4, 11/28

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe 

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: next Monday

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): So, so!  SPD pain is pretty bad most days so it makes it hard to be super active.  I’ve been having a lot of BH and can’t remember the last time I slept through the night.  I remember that being one of the biggest things I was surprised about in my first pregnancy, being up every few hours before baby!  But she is moving a ton so that is reminding me that it’s all worth it!   My husband keeps joking that this baby is going to come out wanting Mexican food, I could eat tacos or chips with guac for every meal (and do for lunch most days!).  

Rants/Raves: I had a super vivid nightmare last night and woke up crying, I’m still in a funk about it!

Questions: none 

GTKY: Are you doing/have already done a baby moon? If so where are you going? No baby moon for us.  I’d love to get away for a long weekend but it’s not in the plans right now and my husband is trying to save his time at work to take off as long as possible once we have the baby.  We’ll probably plan something for the early Spring instead!  
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease @mc0303 @bnbt Thank you. He was such a nice guy and I feel terrible for his family.  

@creamcheeseplease Enjoy your trip down the Cape! The wedding we're going to next month is in Dennis. If we didn't have so much still do on our house, I would have tried to stay a few extra days for a long weekend. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Options
    kj17-2kj17-2 member
    edited August 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 26ish weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 8/27 for GD test and check-up, then biweekly appointments after that.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I have a rash that I've had for a month, it keeps moving to different parts of my body. It started on my belly, so I went to my OB. She said it's too early for PUPPS and didn't really know anything about rashes beyond that, so I made an appointment with my dermatologist. In the meantime, it was so itchy I went to urgent care, where I was told it was hives (although my dermatologist later confirmed it was not hives). I was given steroid cream and a daily allergy pill. That seemed to take care of it, but now it's back on my legs. Ugh.

Rants/Raves: Rant - see above. Rave - we are starting to work on the nursery!

Questions: DD has been extra clingy at night, standing in her crib and asking to be rocked and sung to (she used to just lay down and go to sleep). I dont know if she senses changes coming or if it's just a phase. Any other moms go through this with older siblings?

GTKY: Are you doing/have already done a baby moon? If so where are you going? DH and I went on a trip for our five-year anniversary, and that was sort of a pre-baby moon before we started TTC again. Nothing else planned.
  • Options
    @kj17-2 how frustrating that your rash is back. That sounds miserable.

@creamcheeseplease I've heard wonderful things about Cape Cod but I've never been! Have fun!

@klstone25 I'm sorry about your coworker!

@emeraldcity1214 what islands are you guys visiting? Have you decided yet?
  • Options
    @rogro118 and @BNBT its the opposite in my house with MH!  I do more research right now just because I'm off work and I have more time, but he has opinions on everything!  Nursery design, daycares, home decor, you name it.  I suppose its good that he's involved, but honestly, it would be so much easier if I could just get on with it.  Especially as we have fairly different tastes as far as decor.  Thankfully, we agreed in advance that I would be in charge of the nursery, so he's mostly going with my ideas.  Now he just has to execute it....

EDD/Weeks + Days: 28w 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant.  The last few weeks these have been wierd.  I feel like he's got to be bigger than an eggplant by now

Upcoming Appointments: Hospital bedrest here - so I see my doctor almost daily as he rounds.  Officially though I had my TDAP vaccine on Saturday right at 28 weeks, and I have my weekly ultrasound this Wednesday.  

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): The last few days I've started to get really uncomfortable.  I thankfully don't (yet) have sciatica or SPD (all sounds awful), nor am I getting BH.  But my pelvic area is really sore, as is my abdomen - basically Round Ligament Pain, but now I'm getting it all the time.   This morning, I discovered I can no longer really bend over and pick things up off the ground - yay

Rants/Raves: Rave:  I've been in the hospital for 4 wks now.  One of the doctors described wks 24-28 as purgatory as far as gestational age goes.  Not in hell - baby may survive - but not in heaven - lots of risks.  So I'm happy to be out of purgatory and ahead of 28 weeks!  If being in the hospital has helped make this happen, well then, its worth it.  
    Rant:  I've been in the hospital for 4 weeks, and if all goes well will be here for another 4.  No further comments! 

Questions: Have people found pediatricians?  I haven't thought about that at all.  I'm sure that I could get a pediatrician affiliated with this hospital, but we are about 30 min away from home, so I'd prefer someone closer.  Curious if others found and met with a doc before birth.

Unfortunately, this was one of the things which fell by the wayside once I went on bedrest.  Ive been on some form of bedrest since Memorial Day.  We were originally planning on going to the shore (maybe Cape May, we live in Jersey) around 4th of July, but of course can't do that now.  Makes me feel better that babymoons don't seem to be that common among this group though!   We have discussed maybe going on a trip around NYE if baby is doing well -- people say travelling is easier before they start getting too mobile.  What do you experienced moms think?  What if we did some sort of all inclusive resort -- he'd prob be about 3 1/2 months as I expect to deliver at least 4-6 weeks early - but gestationally only 2 months...
  • Options
    @klstone25 I’m so sorry for the loss of your coworker. Unexpected deaths are always hard. 

@creamcheeseplease maybe baby girl is hitting a growth spurt. I feel like mine just went through one which may have been why he was so quiet for a few days. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

@rogro118 they take a full 3 months off from school here which is much longer than the lower 48. They have the same schedule other than that. Even up north where my in-laws live, the kids play outside until it reaches -20 degrees. Which I think is insane but I guess they do that because they would get to outside otherwise. I have also been having some very vivid dreams lately. I don’t like when they aren’t good dreams because they leave me feeling weird when I wake up. 

@kj17-2  I’m sorry you are having issues with a rash. Pregnancy does weird things to our bodies. 

@gumby22c we are staying on the main island. DH has all of it planned out. He wants to hit the north shore for surfing and then we will spend the afternoons in the little lagoon by the hotel we are staying at. The kids are going to love it. We honeymooned there so I’m super excited to revisit all the places we went then. 

@natehk I forget you have been on hospital bedrest. Ugh, you poor thing! I hope everything continues to go well and you make it another 4. As for pediatricians, I plan to try one that is very close to home. I just need to call and see if there are any opening with the doctors. 
  • Options
    @natehk yay for making it to 28, that has to be a good feeling.  I hope the next four weeks fly by for you.  For pediatricians, I started with ours because my niece had gone to him for years so I was comfortable with not interviewing them.  I feel like you don’t necessarily need to meet one before birth, you see them so many times in the first few months, if you get a bad vibe at the first appointment, switching isn’t a huge deal since you’ll be back in a month for the baby’s next appt.  Our hospital pediatricians have separate practices outside of the hospital and do rotations in the hospital, much like the OBs, so maybe you’ll meet one you like there and get lucky if they have an office near you!  Otherwise, I would have one in mind that has good reviews or comes recommended by people you know and go from there.

• Options
    I'm no help with pediatricians. Being military, we are assigned a military one on base when the baby is born. Luckily ours is my neighbor/friend and I love her, so I'm thankful we have a good one for now!
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    @natehk I’d check with your hospital to see if you need to have one before they discharge you. Our hospital requires this and I have one that is 30 minutes from the hospital but close to my house. They just verified we were a patient there and then had a pediatrician affiliated with the hospital check her out before we went home! 
  • Options
    @BNBT haha, I wish I fit into my nursing bras - I didn't grow that much this time around yet! I mean I did, but I grew more last pregnancy I feel. I'm mostly in stretch sports bras but I did wear a real bra today and it sucks. lol.

@natehk re: pediatricians, when I was pregnant with DS we just picked one nearby that was part of the same large practice my OB was in. She recommended her to us. We like her ok, although I have to say I kind of hate the office/nurses there. We didn't interview her nor did we alert her that she was our pediatrician until baby was born, then the hospital does. If you pick a pediatrician that isn't admitted to your hospital then usually they have a pedi who will see baby while you are still in the hospital. Maybe check with the nursing staff and see what their policies are. Re: a trip after baby, I'd probably wait to see how baby sleeps before planning anything. We are potentially planning to go to an island where my in laws live in February, but we want to wait and see how baby sleeps. If she is a bad sleeper or colicky or something, I'd rather not take her. If she's a unicorn baby, I think it would be okay.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days:  Nov 8th / 27w + 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3TM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Baby Blue

Upcoming Appointments: 21st for a Glucose, 22nd for a Regular Checkup plus a shot or 2

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Allllll the back pain

Rants/Raves: I am to tired and in pain for rants or raves.  I just want to go take a nap haha

Questions:  Crib to Toddler bed transitioning.  Any advice?  I am still up in the air for transitioning my newly 2 yo.  With my oldest we had no choice.  She climbed out so it was SUPER painful of a process.  I didnt know if anyone had advice of what worked for them or if I should just leave her in the crib until she is 18 :P

GTKY: Are you doing/have already done a baby moon? If so where are you going?  We didn't officially have a babymoon although we did take our 5 year anniversary trip to Boston.  (totally fell in love with Boston btw)

We have a family trip to Disney in 3 weeks and then I'll do a girls weekend with my mom before the baby comes.  But those are all standard non-baby related so...kinda yes, kinda no.

@BNBT - OOH Nursing bras! I forgot about those, I'll have to dig them out of my closet.  I am definitely getting constricted in my normal ones.

@emeraldcity1214 - Yay Hawaii (and the Big Island!) that is where we honeymooned - SO NICE. I want to go back so badly.  But can't say I want to bring the kids ;)

• Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    @Dancer688 We just did this transition this past weekend! The weekend before I took her with me to Target and let her pick out her sheets and blanket for her new bed. She now calls it her "yellow bed" because of the yellow blanket ha. She just turned 2 in May and wasn't climbing out, but she no longer likes pack n plays when we travel and we also wanted to use the crib for this baby so we figured we'd give it a shot. I just kept playing it up all week about how she was going to get to be in her new bed. The first night was rough, but the next night I let her keep playing with her books or dolls that she brought up. She would end up only playing for a few minutes then would fall asleep. 

I will add that the first night, we stayed next to her until she fell asleep and I think that made it worse. She would wake up scared crying out for whichever of us she expected to see next to her. I ended up sleeping with her around 1:30am. After that, we made a point to leave the room before she was asleep. So far the last 3 nights have been much better... fingers crossed it stays that way!

Sorry I don't have much advice, just wanted to share our experience. Good luck when you do the transition!
  • Options
    @Dancer688 we don’t leave our kids with anyone for any length of time. That’s one reason I usually leave the hospital at the 24 hour mark after delivery. I want to get back to them. The only person I have left them with is my mom and she is no longer in our lives due to some family drama. I think DH wants to go to Hawaii every year as our big vacation. Although, we are going to have to do Disney one year coming up soon because I’m dying to go back. 

As for crib transition, my youngest is turning 2 next month and I have no plans to switch her to a toddler bed. She’s the one I’m PT too. She is happy and content in there and I’m in no hurry. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 27+2

Baby is the size of a(n): I don't know. They all have seemed off, so I have basically stopped looking

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Boy

Upcoming Appointments: 8/20 for 28 week and glucose challenge

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): So tired. Also pain in my pelvic region  Pretty sure it's RLP since I feel like I have pulled all my muscles. Sciatica comes and goes. I wayyyy overdid it over the weekend with moving into our new house, so I have been paying for that. But, realistically can't complain. I really want a cherry limeade slush from Sonic, so that may or may not happen on my way home today haha.

Rants/Raves: Rave: We are in our new house, and honestly, for only moving in this weekend it's pretty well organized and unpacked. We still have plenty to do, but the majority is done. I'm not sure how I lived without a pantry that size my whole life... Also, painter came to look at the nursery ( it currently has a bright orange wall and a stripe on the others) and it should be done early next week so I can start setting it up! 

Rant: Work is stressful after being go for a few days, especially when I am basically learning my new job while still doing my current job. On top of the fatigue from the weekend, and stress from daycare issues last week, it's just a lot. 

Questions: I can't remember from last pregnancy..when should I register at the hospital? I know I know I have to pre-register, but can't remember when that happens. 

GTKY: Are you doing/have already done a baby moon? If so where are you going? Not really. We've both been traveling so much the last few months, and with the new house, it just doesn't look very likely. We may try to do a weekend getaway closeish by, but not sure yet. We are going to a Redskins/Cowboys game in Sept, so that will be a nice little break. And he had better do something nice for my 30th haha. 
  • Options
    @Dancer688 Our daughter turned 2 in May, and we have no plans to transition soon. I've read research that says waiting until 3 is best. They get more sleep and better quality of sleep in the crib. I will say we are lucky that she has never tried climbing out, and we don't need her crib for Baby #2. I know others don't have a choice.
  • Options
    @dani_0921 - My doctor gave us the pre-registration form at our 24 week check up so ours is already done.  I would say anytime now is a good time since than it is off your plate.  Usually the hospital has one on their website if your OB hasn't given you one.

@BNBT - Thanks! I'll have to take her on a target trip to pick out a pillow and comforter.  Maybe Friday will be the big day.  That will make our vacation a little easier.  The crib I don't worry about but I am worried she will try to climb out of the pack'n play while we are gone.
  • Options
    gumby22cgumby22c member
    edited August 2019
    @dani_0921 I support your limeade slushie need! I have never wanted the cherry limeade drink from sonic until this pregnancy. I've had it twice now! It doesn't help theres a Sonic down the road from where I live now. 
  • Options
    @gumby22c It's terrible! We have one close to us as well, and I have been all about the icees, slushies, and smoothies this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Super behind on posting here for the week because yesterday was a crazy day! 

@cl4157 I feel you on the staycation- sounds like a great idea!

@BNBT I’ve been using Cera Ve cream on my stomach because I’ve had a lot of itching too, I would highly recommend it! And I also feel like I’m the only one researching baby stuff and am also annoyed with hubby over that

@mc0303 a spa weekend sounds absolutely amazing 

@gumby22c ugh yes the heartburn! 

@emeraldcity1214 wow three weeks in Hawaii that sounds amazing! I also feel bad for getting mad at hubby for dumb reasons recently- though they aren’t dumb at the time! Lol

@klstone25 I’m so sorry about your coworker sending love your way. Your master bedroom and closet renovation sounds awesome

@creamcheeseplease enjoy cape cod!

@rogro118 I think sleeping through the night is a thing of the past for all of us now hahaha

@kj17-2 ugh that’s super annoying, I hope the allergy pills will combat it and the steroid cream helps the itch/pain

@natehk I can’t imagine how stir crazy you must be going on bed rest in the hospital but so glad that you are out of “purgatory” and that baby is staying in there for the time being 

@Dancer688 enjoy Disney and your girls trip with your mom

@dani_0921 I pre-registered at like 20 weeks. When I called the register for our birthing class and tour the woman told me it’s never too early and I could go ahead and pre-register then if I wanted. Figured I may as well just get it done with.

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov 4/ 28w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): head of lettuce

Upcoming Appointments: had one today next one is 8/27, officially on the bi-weekly schedule now eek!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): some heartburn and acid reflux and starting to get super tired by the end of the day. Also starting to feel emotional more often and for no reason

Rants/Raves: rant- yesterday I had a dermatologist appointment at 745 am, the second slot of the day and they didn’t even bring me back into a room until 815 and it screwed up the schedule of my whole day. I’m like how are you already that far behind! Also didn’t help that I forgot about it until I had walked to the gym, was about to walk inside and happened to remember (thankfully) and had to just turn around immediately and to home.. thanks pregnancy brain.  Rave- we finally finished staining our deck and moved the queen bed out of the soon to be nursery and into what will be the new guest room this past weekend.

Questions: nope

GTKY: Are you doing/have already done a baby moon? If so where are you going? We’re not doing one unless we end up doing a weekend bed and breakfast trip not too far away, we have a gift card to a site called select registry that is basically all bed and breakfast places 
  • Options
    @kopp5988 that’s definitely a typo. We are just going for 1 week. My OB would kill me if I tried to stay for 3 weeks. They are already not so happy about my late-ish travel plans. I don’t think I could do 3 weeks like that with the kids either. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 oh okay well 1 week is still awesome! 
  • Options
    @kopp5988 I feel super emotional for no reason too! It’s like everything is heightened and I have a nervous energy. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: November 21st  25+5

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink 

Upcoming Appointments: August 28th regular monthly check up and glucose test

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I’m extremely tired. My feet are  swelling a lot from working long hours at my job. I’m still craving chocolate and pickles. 

I wish we could go on a baby moon but we trying to save money for  maternity leave. 

So also I'm having planned C-section on November 14th unless she comes before then. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/02, 28+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Rollerblade 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM (6th pregnancy)

Upcoming Appointments: 08/19 for regular appointment and glucose screen.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): OK. Getting up like 4-5 times a night to pee kinda sucks though....

Rants/Raves: My adorable son shared his cold with me so I am completely miserable at the moment. Not cool, kid. Not cool. Also DH usually works 6 days away from home and then is home 1 day and then leaves for another 6. This week he had to work on his usual day off so we haven’t seen him in 9 days with 4 days to go... booooo!

Questions: Any cold medicine/relief suggestions?

GTKY: Are you doing/have already done a baby moon? If so where are you going? Not really a babymoon but DD2 turns five in early September so we are taking the long Labor Day weekend and spending 4 days in Astoria/Seaside/Cannon Beach, OR.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/13 (27 weeks and 2 days)

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of bananas / lettuce

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue!

Upcoming Appointments: another fetal echo on 8/19, OB on 8/22 and another (yes, they're making me do another) 1 hour glucose test after I already passed the 3 hour test with flying colors.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): tired - I'm having more trouble sleeping at night. Baby is active and I miss sleeping on my stomach. I'm not staying asleep. I think part of it is because I ran out of my Bonjesta prescription and the price went up from $60 to $99 for a 60 day supply without notice and I just can't bring myself to pay more for something that isn't absolutely integral.

Rants/Raves: Hubby and I are starting to get really excited for the baby shower his aunts have so generously offered to throw for us. It's going to be near the end of September and we are optimistic that I won't be on bedrest yet. It makes things more real, I think - that and my mom painted the baby's room in the new house and it looks adorable!

Questions: none right now!

We really wanted to do something, but our new house closing was pushed back a month so that pretty much canceled out all of July. It's been frustrating, but it's so nice to finally be in the new house. I am still trying to talk him into going to Nashville over Labor Day weekend, but he's going to take some convincing.