November 2019 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Diapering

Been a few weeks since I remembered to post one of these - oops!

Anyway, feel free to discuss anything to do with diapering, whether disposable, cloth, accessories, cream, wipes, etc.

Re: Product Spotlight: Diapering

• Options
    Pampers swaddles are my favorite diapers. My babies have less blowouts in them and I like that they also have a strip that tells me when they pee (mainly for the newborn stage). 

I cloth diapered for awhile too but it just isn’t worth it for me anymore. The time and energy that goes into that is a layer of extra stress and work that I just had to let go. Plus I like how slim they look with a disposable diaper. 
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    I prefer Huggies Little Snugglers for my daughter (Costco's brand seems to fit the same, and before our membership expired we used those pretty religiously too). They seem to fit my daughter's body type better. She was a chunk with cute, chunky, little thighs! They also have the strip that lets you know if they wet the diaper. Maybe I didn't use the Swaddles style of Pampers, but the times I tried Pampers they seemed too skinny for her?? Or I was just sleep deprived, who knows ha

But for anyone who does use Huggies Little Snugglers and you want to save money, Kirkland (Costco brand) does fit very similar to them!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    gumby22cgumby22c member
    edited August 2019
    I preferred Pampers snugglers and Targets Up & Up brand last time. So I'll start with those 2 brands and go from there on what works best for baby.

When DS was a bit older, I liked Luvs as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @BNBT pampers do fit better on skinny babies. My babies barely get the cute adorable fat rolls. I can’t use Huggies because my kid’s legs are just too skinny for them. They always leaked. I even tried Huggies pull-ups on my 3 year old and he leaked a few times over night. 
  • Options
    Huggies worked best for my son. I found investing in an overnight diaper was worth it, we didn't do those until 5 or 6 months and it got us an extra hour of sleep (didn't sleep through the night until 14 months).  We tried Pampers but the scent bothered me and I found Honest diapers too thin. 

I wanted to cloth diaper but we don't have in home washing machine, it made it very challenging. 
  • Options
    We used and loved Huggies Little Snugglers through all our kids. We’ve tried all the major brands and settled on these as they leaked less for us. For our youngest we switched at 3 months to cloth and used mostly bumgenius 4.0s and some custom made.
  • Options
    We are Pampers for Babies but once they get to pull ups I switch to huggies.  That being said, I have always preferred Huggies wipes.
  • Options
    We tried a few options for diaper rash cream but my favorite was something I found in England called Sudocrem when DS had a bad diaper rash on vacation. It's the best stuff I've found yet for diaper rashes. When I run out, I will pay just about anything for more of it because it was better than anything else I ever tried on his rashes.

It's also a catch all cream you can use on other stuff and we use for other things occasionally too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @gumby22c oh diaper cream I’m a buttpaste fan all the way. I will never use anything else!!!
  • Options
    Yes to the boudreax (or whatever) buttpaste! Awesome stuff. And aquaphor is awesome too. We love huggies little swaddlers because a couple others made her tushy break out bad. I also did some sporadic cloth diapering but feel more confident with it this time around and hope to do it more. Also loved investing in the huggies over night and those definitely did help get more dry sleeps. We used those until she just finished potty training for night training and never had to use pull ups.
  • Options
    I’m also a huge fan of Boudreaux buttpaste! It keeps my newborns bottoms so nice and soothed. Luckily my youngest hasn’t had many rashes but my other two would get them when they teethed and it was so bad. Plus DS2 took a ton of antibiotics and that caused so many rashes. 
  • Options
    Yes to the  buttpaste! It’s pricey but so worth it. 

We use pampers baby dry or pampers swaddled. I was getting an amazon subscription of them so I liked that they just showed up every month. At the beginning we used Huggies which I also liked as well. DS didn’t have too many leaks or blow outs in either brand but MH went through this phase where he liked buying Honest company and I honestly didn’t like Honest company. I felt DS had a lot of leaks in them. And they were expensive. But I have friends who swear by them, so. Everyone’s different!

for wipes we have used a variety- mainly pampers pure but I actually think the Walmart parents choice brand is just as good. I’ve been stockpiling wipes recently so I hope baby girl doesn’t have any issues with any of these wipes either haha. 

• Options
    @creamcheeseplease I also prefer the Wal-Mart brand wipes over pampers or other, more expensive brands. They are thick and hold up nice. Plus, they have the non scented ones that are great because I hate the scent of wipes. 
  • Options
    🙋‍♀️ Another Boudreaux’s Buttpaste user here. That stuff is magic!
  • Options
    OH I will say Diapering advicewise...and formula...and wipes....and essentially anything you'll need a bunch of.  Wait to buy in bulk until after the baby.  It is like clockwork, the minute you have something in bulk the baby is sensitive to that diaper brand or won't take those pacifiers. Get small sizes of things until you are sure they work.
  • Options
    @Dancer688 I totally agree!  

We mostly used Honest with my son and loved them.  I like that they never smelled like pee, I could always smell it in pampers and huggies for whatever reason.  They never got super droopy when wet either.  I didn’t like the Honest overnights as they didn’t seem super absorbent but we’ve always loved the Target brand overnights!  Honest was super convenient because of the subscription, but I think you can do that for all different brands through Amazon now.  
  • Options
    @Dancer688 such a good point!! I'm going to try a few brands of things before we buy too much
  • Options
    Another reason to not buy bulk is that you have no clue how long your baby will be in each size. Then you have to deal with returning them and remembering where you got them from. Most places sell different sized boxes for the same brand. 

Amazon subscription is amazing. You don’t even have to think about it until you are ready to size up. 
  • Options
    I did cloth (almost full time) with DS and plan to do again this time. I kept some disposables on hand to help with the early days and outings when I was too nervous to use the cloth but overall I LOVED them. I try to do as much eco friendly alternatives in my home so the hassle is 100% worth it to me.
  • Options
    +1 to Amazon subscription boxes. I have a box of diapers and wipes shipped every month. 

I've tried other diaper brands, but Pampers Swaddlers has always been my favorite. I also love the Pampers Sensitive wipes. As for diaper cream, Desitin has always worked well for me. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Options
    @bmmims I loved cloth when I did it. I just had too much going on and DS2 was such a sick newborn/infant that it was a struggle to keep up with it all. I know tons of people who do it and love it. There is a huge community of people who are obsessed with it. 

If if anyone is interested I think it’s called Fluff butt and laundry love or something like that. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I am in several FB groups and I love the support and advice I received while struggling to learn with DS, those moms were super helpful!