Lorraine... — The Bump
Baby Names

Lorraine...

What are your thoughts on the name Penelope Lorraine? My middle name is Lorraine. Possible nickname of Penny / Nelly. Great grandma’s name was Nelly Lorraine so that’s where Nelly comes into play. 

Re: Lorraine...

• meggymemeggyme
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    That’s a lot of name. If you like Penelope, I’d go with a shorter middle. FWIW, I think Lorraine would be a refreshing first name.
    ME: 32  DH: 32 DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    erajp51
  • How long is your last name? I think the name is lovely but could be a mouthful of you have a long last name. 
  • Loading the player...
  • erajp51erajp51
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Love Its Photogenic
    Last name is 4 letters.
  • erajp51erajp51
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Love Its Photogenic
    Lorraine as the first was our original go to but seemed impossible to find a good middle name to attach to it. 
  • mb0112mb0112
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    I love nn Nelly. 

Lorraine is a lot with Penelope but I don’t think it really matters is it’s a special family name to you. 
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE! Lorraine is an underused iambic middle name (think Marie and Nicole) that pairs well with so many names. I think it is a GREAT combo!
  • I think it sounds great

Married: April 2012

MC: Aug 2014

IF Dx irregular periods & Luteal Phase Defect: May 2015

DS: born April 2016 on Prometrium

TFAS: since Oct. 2018

BFP 6/3/19 on Prometrium!

• saham07saham07
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    I think that it sounds great together! Nelly is so cute and unexpected! Please do it!!
  • I love Penelope Lorraine! I say go with it, especially with so much family meaning ❤️