October 2019 Moms
Options

August Randoms

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19

Re: August Randoms

• Options
    It was a 2 day work week and the end of the week is always my busiest so I have been slowly getting back into the habit of checking in here.

Earlier in the week we made a spur of the moment decision and took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge. Kids had a blast!

I had to stay super focused at work today so I could make sure my stuff was done on time so I could leave and go to my ultrasound appt. At my anatomy scan my placenta was 1.6 cm from cervix and today it was 2-2.5 cm away. A little movement but I think a safer distance is closer to 3 cm the tech said. So we will see what the Dr thinks when she reviews it. 

Happy Friday and cheers to the weekend!

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • Options
    @telicious2 maybe the recommendations have changed, but when I had a low lying placenta with DS1, they said anything above 2-2.5” was good
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @telicious2
    I know having a shortened cervix isn’t great, what makes it bad for a low lying placenta? 

My week has been good. We’re slowly getting family and friends in for visits as much as possible. 
    I’ve also been helping my mom with a garage sale these past two days (and today). It’s funny, Elliott was a super big “stranger danger” kinda kid. I think just not being around people much, made him that way. Well, with all the new people in his life, he’s slowly letting down his wall and now when people come to the garage sale, he gets super excited and instantly goes up to them. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Lol. 

I had my 30 week appointment this past Wednesday and with my insurance finally kicking in from state to state transfer. And talking to a few friends from Ohio, I need to get on the ball and switch midwives or OB’s (I don’t care) I just need to deliver at General. 
    I also need to find a pediatrician for my son, not only is he due soon for his 18 month check up, but, I wasn’t that fond of the pediatrician we had in Texas. So, I’m hoping once I find someone that I like here, she or he can just become our daughters pediatrician. 
  • Options
    @jcbh2018 I switched pediatricians for my two kids and I’m so happy with the decision so go with your gut.  I know you can’t really see your old one you weren’t fond of in Texas anymore, but if you aren’t thrilled with one in Ohio that you first see, find another. I wasn’t a huge fan of our old pediatrician and I am so happy I finally decided I needed to make the switch and find a new one.  We love the new doctor my kids see and this new baby will have her as a doctor too.
  • Options
    @dogmom5
    I know, I should’ve switched when I was in Texas. When I had complications in the beginning with breastfeeding, she made me feel super incompetent. I think I just stuck with her because she was super convenient (location wise) since I don’t drive. But, I’m with you this time around, I know what I’m looking for and if they can’t provide me with the “service” that I expect.. then out the door we go. 
  • Options
    @jcbh2018 good luck! I hope you find everything that you’re looking for in one. 😃
  • Options
    I switched from a pedi to a family doctor(who is also my obs office) when DD was born a ND it was the best decision ever. I know a lot of people prefer having a kid only doctor but she's known DS since he was born (she delivered him) and now my daughter and now my 3rd. I also love having a family doctor cause usually at visits I can ask a quick question for any one of us lol 

Ugh what a weekend. I had a major headache all weekend long. In the same spot. Tylonel didn't touch it 😔 but we got to go swimming at my aunt and uncle's yesterday and my kids had a blast. It's been forever since we've been up there lol

• Options
    @andromedacorrine2 That is what I am doing this time too re family dr. And that’s a good point about asking a question for another family member!

This weekend we took it easy. We baked cookies and rented a movie to watch with the kids. Yesterday the kids and I did a little bit of yard work, ran some errands and topped it off with an ice cream cone from McD’s. 

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • Options
    @telicious2 yes I love it! Cause we all have the same Dr and usually they can answer or check it out right then 💕 I keep getting asked why I won't go to a pediatrician again but I prefer it this way!