November 2019 Moms
Options

August High-Risk Conversation

You know what to do... post all rants, raves, concerns, praise, or just general conversation. We’re here to listen. ❤️

Re: August High-Risk Conversation

• Options
    Pregnancy is going great. Had my level 2 ultrasound last week and they saw what they needed to see, thankfully. Now I can stop stressing about it.

Bicep tendonitis has been flaring up in my left shoulder and elbow which totally sucks. And I went to Cannon Beach, OR yesterday with my DD1 and forgot sunscreen. She tans and I burn. And man, am I burnt. Ouch. 
  • Options
    Cannon Beach is gorgeous - I live on the East Coast, but I always think about moving to the Pacific Northwest, especially Oregon.  
    As for me, I'm still on hospital bedrest (just finished 3 wks here).  Thankfully things have been stable - had one scare where I had some leakage, but it was a false alarm.  So all good from a cervical standpoint so far - and focusing on the next milestone which is wk 28 (6 more days!).  However,  was diagnosed with GD as well, so thats taking up a lot of my headspace and concern.  Mostly I'm managing it through food -- which is harder at the hospital - but luckily my mom & sis came last week and made and froze a bunch of things.   Also I have a higher risk of blood clots due to my age (43), surgical history, and the fact that I'm on bedrest so they have me on blood thinners which make me bruise easily.  Hanging in there though! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pintobean77pintobean77 member
    edited August 2019
    @natehk I’m a native Western Washington girl and can’t imagine living someplace else. There’s natural beauty everywhere you look.

So glad the leakage didn’t turn out to be anything. How scary! That’s sucks that GD has to be thrown in to the mix. But other than that, glad things are going well with you. 

ETA: your name;)
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

I had a couple of appointments this week. I met the new hematologist who will be attending my labor and delivery (the practice I've been going to for about 14 years got bought out so the doctors no longer have privileges at the hospital where I plan on giving birth). She seemed nice and I appreciated that she seemed like she had done her research into my records. I also had another check up with my OB (I've been seeing him every two weeks) and he thinks I'm still overdoing things even though I feel like I've been taking it relatively easy - despite the fact that we finally closed on our new house and had to go through a move. He thinks I had my first taste of a Braxton Hicks episode last Saturday night. The discomfort was unpleasant, but I was able to fall asleep, so it was not terrible. I love my quick check ins with my OB because hearing our little guy's heartbeat is always wonderful. My next appointment is the follow up fetal echo with the pediatric cardiologist on the 19th and then I have an OB appointment and a repeat glucose test later that week (even though i passed the 3 hour test about a month ago with flying colors).

We have the hospital visit in a week and I'm looking forward to that. We have signed up for some classes and need to start our online birthing class so we are prepared in time for the newborn class later this month.

I'm celebrating my birthday on Tuesday and this is probably the least excited I've ever been for a birthday. I don't want to decide or plan anything. My poor husband has been asking for ideas of what to get me and I can't find myself to give him even that much. Everyone wants to celebrate because it's my last birthday in my 20s and I just don't care. I don't  know if I am just exhausted or worn out or hormonal or slightly depressed (it's also my first birthday without my Dad - he passed in December). All of the stress with the move and all of the doctor visits have worn me out; not to mention that I am very upset because the head of my firm just told me he changed his mind about letting me work from home before and after the baby...which we were REALLY counting on.

I hope everything is going well for all of you ladies!
  • Options
    @alwayseloquent Holy cow, lady! You’ve been busy! I’m sorry you had to switch doctors, that’s sucks. But glad your new doctor seems to be doing her homework and getting to know you and your needs.

I want to tour my hospital’s birth center too, I’ve never delivered here... but I’ll be starting my biweekly NST tests soon so I’m sure I will get to know it fairly well before delivery. Lol.

My OB is talking about delivering at 38 weeks due to age and hypertension (although my BP is behaving quite nicely.) So I’ll probably end up with an October baby. 

I’m sorry you’re having a rough time with your birthday. The first holidays/birthdays after losing a loved one are so hard. I wish I didn’t know this but our family has had more than it’s fair share of loss and it sucks. Hoping your able to find some joy in it regardless. 
  • Options
    @alwayseloquent sorry to hear about the rough time with the Bday, and the no working from home!  I hope he reconsiders - can you talk to him?  Is it possible to work from home at least some days during the week?
    As far as your birthday, maybe instead of a celebration you can use it as an opportunity for some self-care?  Massages/mani-pedi/etc.   I bet you could use it after all the stress...
  • Options
    @pintobean77 thank you for the well wishes. It has been a very busy year! I ended up having a decent, quiet birthday. The hospital visit went well and I am really pleased with the new facility (they built a whole new hospital and it was finished about a year ago). I was thrilled with the size of the rooms and amenities they offered and it definitely made me feel good to see everything in advance. I hope everything goes well with tour BP and appointments!

@natehk he seemed amenable to letting me work from home 1 day per week if my doctor puts me on restrictions, but I don't know if that would continue after baby comes... just frustrating to be looking forward to it and planning on it and then having the rug pulled out from beneath me.

I've definitely been meaning to schedule a prenatal massage and a pedicure, and my mom even offered to schedule them for my birthday. I really think I need to slow down and make time for them before there isn't any time anymore.

Hope all is well with everyone here on this board <3