Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Baking, Cooking, & Crafting Thread | August 2019|

Re: Baking, Cooking, & Crafting Thread | August 2019|

• Options
    @ottergirl81 omg those chocolate chip loaves look delish. Nicely done!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 Thank you❤
  • Options
    Me and my DH got a meat rotisserie machine awhile ago and we haven’t tried it out a whole lot. We decided to use it tonight to make dinner. We made a rotisserie chicken 🍗🐔 for the first time. I think it turned out pretty good :) 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 Wow!! That chicken looks amazing! I'm guessing it tasted amazing also.
  • Options
    @ottergirl81 Thanks. 😁 You are guessing correctly lol omg it tasted sooo good. 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 That looks so yummy!!!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @ottergirl81 Oh I'm drooling! Also, what dog treat recipe do you use? My pup loves homemade treats!!

• Options
    @mvt2003 I used a recipe I found online and added my own things to it. It said to put in two jars of strained baby food, but I put in pumpkin and peanut butter because my dog loves those things. She rarely eats store bought treats, she thinks they're "icky" lol.
  • Options
    @ottergirl81 I'll have to try that - my FiL showed up randomly with a baking pan shaped like bones for my pup, and she loved the mix it came with, hoping to find a go-to recipe! 

• Options
    @mvt2003 Thank you 😁

• Options
    mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited August 2019
    @mvt2003 did you ever find a picture of your crocheted Gnome? I’m still dying to see it 😁 
  • Options
    @mvt2003 Gnomes freak me out, but that little guy is adorable! Check out food.com for recipes for everything, that is where I get alot of my ideas.
  • Options
    @mvt2003 OMG!! That is sooo stinking cute. I love it 😍 good job 👍 looks awesome. you said you were making more of them right?  What was wrong with your phone? 
  • Options
    Thanks @mindyb2019 I bought a kit from Mary Maxim that had the pattern and enough yarn to make 3-4 of them, so I have to get moving on this before fall! 

My phone was pretty much on its last legs - I'm due for an upgrade in 3 weeks so it's right on time haha. It started crashing and turning itself off, and people couldn't hear me when they called me anymore. IT gave me a temp for a couple of weeks until I get my new one! 

• Options
    @mindyb2019 I love that you have your own rotisserie machine at home! That chicken looks yummy. 
  • Options
    mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited August 2019
    @mvt2003 Mary Maxim has some pretty cute patterns and things to create. I hope to see all the other little gnomes you make. I started making an amigurumi koala bear 🐨 too awhile back now and I really need to finish him up lol.

Sorry your phone is crapping out. What kind of phone is it? I feel your pain lol. My phone is an older Samsung one and it does the same thing as your phone does it crashes and turns it self off and or reboot randomly etc,. The keypad and pin pad for the lock on the screen is always freezing and jibbing out and it drives me mental 🤬 I really should buy a new one but don’t wanna do a contract haha. So I’m being stubborn and holding out as long as I can. Lol. 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess thanks 😁 the chicken was yummy. I love having my own rotisserie machine at home. We also make roasts and prime rib in it etc. I’ve been wanting one for years now so I just decided to suck it up and buy one haha. 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 thankfully it’s a work phone, so I don’t have to deal with the details! It’s an iPhone, and I basically have to just make do with this temp phone for a few more weeks until I get my new one. If it was my personal phone I definitely would hold out until it literally died. 😂

• Options
    @mvt2003 wow! You are talented girl. Those all look amazing. nice work. I just learnt how to knit 🧶 like a couple weeks ago. Just the bare basics lol. Nothing as good as you. The seniors at my work taught me how. 😀 I prefer to crochet though as I find it easier  with just one needle instead of two lol 😂 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 thanks! I actually started in crochet too! I learned how to crochet as a child, and taught myself how to knit when I was 18. Out of curiosity, when you knit, what hand do you hold the yarn in? Most Americans hold it in their right "English style", but because I learned to crochet first, holding it in my left comes much more naturally to me and it means I'm a much faster knitter in "continental style".  

• Options
    @mvt2003 that’s cool you taught yourself to knit. I taught my self to crochet. When I knit I hold my yarn in my right hand. So I guess I’m just the normal style lol. I should try it in my left cause I learned to crochet first too. Hmmm..  Maybe that’s why I’m so slow at knitting cause I use my right and not my left like crocheting 😆 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 Thanks!! That's actually why I asked! I've found that people who crochet first find knitting continental style much easier, but it's rarely taught that way! Give it a try, you may find you like it a lot more!

• Options
    @mvt2003 thanks for the tip 😉 I’ll have to give it a try and see what happens. 
  • Options
    @ottergirl81 OMG!!😵 that thing looks AMAZING.. yummy. I just I just wanna stick my face in it and eat it all haha. 
  • Options
    ottergirl81ottergirl81 member
    edited August 2019
    @mindyb2019 there was some left over, so I get to eat it this week for I'm thinking 2nd breakfast (I eat two small meals in the morning). MH doesn't like trifle. Its all mine!!!
    edited for spelling
  • Options
    @ottergirl81 Ohhhhhhh that is testing my low-carb self HARD!!! Looks amazing!!

• Options
    @mvt2003 Thank you😄
  • Options
    **Lurking

@whitealbum29 That looks amazing!  Also, I love the sexy music they put the recipe video to.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @whitealbum29 Oh yum! Looks fantastic!
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 that soup looks so delicious. What herb is sprinkled on the bread? Bread looks really yummy also.
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 mmm yummy. That soup looks so good. Nothing better than a good home made chicken noodle soup. Bread and butter is also delicious. 
  • Options
    @ottergirl81 it's Sandwich Sprinkle from Penzeys. I'd check what that's made up of, but I dropped the glass container on our tile floor and it broke and spilled everywhere and had to toss it. I was able to salvage what remained in the container that was held together by the sticker 😅 but that container is definitely no more.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause