Baby Names
Options

Giovi

I know you will be honest with me. We are team green and looking for an Italian name. We have  DS named Ezio and a DD named Gianna. Thoughts on the name Giovi? Its pronounced "Jovi", but I'm not sure it's a real name. I assume it's short for Giovanni. 

Thanks! 

Re: Giovi

• Options
    I'd go with Giovanni. Giovi would be a cute nickname. 
  • Options
    It feels too similar to Gianna to me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Giovanni is much nicer, but sounds too similar to Gianna. Any other names you’re liking?
  • Options
    None that I can think of at this time, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. My DH is Italian and pretty insistent on an Italian name, and there are so few I like that I can get him to agree on. 
  • Options
    Leonardo
    Matteo
    Marco
    Luca
    Vincenzo 🥰
    Raphael (not sure of different Italian spelling)
  • Options
    A BIG NO to Giovi
    Giovanni is awesome

All three of my kids have very italian names.

Claudio
    Pietro
    Gianluca
    Giancarlo
    Danilo
    Franco
    Gabriele
    Luca
    Antonio
    Stefano
    Giacomo
    Salvatore
    Giorgio
    Paolo
    Domenico
    Nico
    Raffaele
  • Options
    @jgesi My DD is Gianna too  :) Honestly I wouldn't do Giovi- even though it's supposed to be pronounced "Jovi"... no one would pronounce it that way. His whole life he'd be correcting people- until he got tired of it and let people call him "gee-oh-vi." Even Gianna is often pronounced wrong- as the Italian way of pronouncing it is "john-ah." (Although I much prefer the "gee-ah-na" way we say it... so I could care less that we are butchering it lol) Giovanni isn't bad, but way too close to Gianna. 

I have Italian roots on one side of my family, and DH is half Italian so we wanted Italian names when it came to our kids. My DD was easy, but I dislike most boy Italian names. I'm having a boy this time and we're probably going with a neutral nationality name- but I liked Luca/Lucca, Anthony (Antonio?), Marco, and Dominic (Dominico?). (Couldn't use them for one reason or another.) I also like Matteo (you could call him Matt if you feel it's too ethnic to use every day.) We're thinking about Nicholas/Nicolas- which you could shorten to Nico if you like. I also know someone who named their boy Rocco (though I'm personally not a fan of that name, but this is you're kid not mine lol.)

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19