group 2 check-in (12/9-12/16) w/o 7/29

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? 

Re: group 2 check-in (12/9-12/16) w/o 7/29

• Options
    I'm 20+1, green,  anatomy scan Friday and regular check in with midwife Thursday. 

I feel ok.  Some days I ache in my lower back and tailbone but other days I'm fine.  I think because I'm carrying so low. 

@klmcguire I sold my condo for cash.  Selling a home was a terrible experience,  I'm so scared to own property in the future but I've promised my husband I'll work on that fear. 

I wish I was better at running (on hold now but I'll start again next summer) and visual art. I have no skill there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bookworm492 It just sucks showing it daily for a month straight. Luckily we have only been on the market a month so it isn't a huge inconvenience, but once the inspection is done I know there is a TON that will need to be done (or that the buyer wants to be done) since this is an old house.

• Options
    @klmcguire mine was 4 mo from listing to closing.  3 other offers fell through.  By the final offer I was like,  I will do ANYTHING you ask.  They barely asked for anything since they were going to use it as a rental property. 
  • Options
    @bookworm492 Yes I am very nervous about that. I am praying this all works out the first time! 

• Options

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 14, 20 weeks, 2 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana, I guess

Upcoming Appointments: August 16!

How are you feeling?: Achey in my lower right back/hip...but that's pretty normal for me. I've had chronic back pain since a car accident in 2016. It's just flaring up again, which is annoying. 

Rants/Raves: House is coming together! We've done some major organizing, some of the nursery furniture is coming in this week, so we will be able to start assembling that when it does! It's getting so real.

Questions: None at the moment, if I do, I'll throw them up on the question thread. 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? Dancing. I'm a terrible dancer. I wish I was coordinated for it.

• Options
    Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited July 2019

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 10th- 20w6d 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): Tomorrow size of an Endive lol

Upcoming Appointments: OB appointment and follow up anatomy scan in 2 weeks 

How are you feeling?: RLP, peeing all the time, getting more and more difficult to bend down- its so hot, yesterday I freaked out and thought I leaked fluid because my underwear was damp after coming home from the zoo- nope just sweat. Pregnancy is beautiful you guys! 

Rants/Raves: I'm glad DH is back from his work trip but he has now started building a shed in our yard which needs to be completed before we can empty the guest room (which will be the nursery) and start working on that. So I would love his help with DD but I know this needs to be finished also so trying not to complain! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? I really wish I was better at cake/dessert decorating- its something I have been working on because I love to bake and would love to make my kid's birthday cakes and stuff myself if I can ever get good enough. 

@klmcguire Congrats on selling your home! Super exciting :) 

• Options
    @rjgmcmanus Yay for Nursery decorating! Exciting! I mean I probably should go look on the nursery thread, but do you have a theme you are following?

• Options
    @Spartanrd4 I just laughed so hard. First, I can seriously agree with every bit of this. I am having a hard time leaning over the table to put together puzzles and we have a 1500 piece once started right now. Also, I am glad you mentioned peeing all the time, I thought I was having some issues, but I am sure its just normal lol. 

Thanks, I am still so nervous about everything that is to come over the next 40 days, but I am so happy and excited.

• Options

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 9th. 21 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Bottle of Sriracha

Upcoming Appointments:August 19th

How are you feeling?: Overall good. I get sciatica pain flare ups all the time but that happened with my second so I am more able to power through. I get tired fast and have heavy anxiety about day to day tasks but i think that comes with having to carry my 9 month old everywhere and have heighten awareness about my 4 year old when we are out and about

Rants/Raves: maybe TMI but..... i never had this problem with my first two babies...but this one, I am in no mood ever to have sex. No drive or nothing. I know it can be normal and doesn't cause  a problem with my husband. We still get it in and he understands. But its kind of a low point for me to not feel like it. I wonder if its from back to back pregnancies .

Questions: oh none, just another day!

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? I played trumpet all through high school and absolutely loved it. But as an adult I wish I learned piano at a younger age. I love to watch people's hands when they play and listen to the music. One day I want to learn but I think it will be at retirement age now....

• Options
    g_gabs71016g_gabs71016 member
    edited July 2019

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 12, 20 weeks and 4 days (I just learned that my due date is not, in fact, December 14 as I may have said previously. Oops.)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

Upcoming Appointments: Just came from my 20 week anatomy scan. Baby boy is measuring one week ahead, which made me feel a bit better about having gained a smidge more this pregnancy than the last one.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! No nausea, still playing tennis, and generally energetic. I do feel big and a bit unwieldly, though I know that will only increase!

Rants/Raves: I don’t like my OB. He doesn’t spend any time with me at all – literally in and out in 2 minutes flat. I am relocating in August and as a result looking for a new OB for the rest of this pregnancy. Instead of feeling stressed about it, I’m actually quite excited and relieved! I’m viewing it as a fresh start to my care.

Questions: How do you help your older kids adjust to a new baby? Any tips or tricks? And what about relocation with kiddies? Anything that I could do to help ease the transition? I’m worried about doing all of this at once and the impact it will have on my daughter! (She’s three.)

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? I wish I was a better dancer. I dream of my husband and I going out dancing and wowing the crowd, but between the two of us it’ll probably never happen! I think it’d be fun to take lessons though. We’ve done it a bit haphazardly in the past, so maybe after the baby comes we can pick it back up. You know, with all that spare time that we’ll have to take up new hobbies.

• Options
    @klmcguire Yellow submarine theme! I can't wait to see it come together.  It will be a few weeks until it's totally done (my parents are in the process of moving, we're getting some furniture from them, but we can't shift all things out of that room until we get what we're waiting on from them), but when it does, I think it will be super cute.
  • Options
    @klmcguire Also, CONGRATS on selling your house! That must be such a huge weight off your shoulders!
  • Options
    lilyrheas I feel the same, I think its from being so worn out all the time that having sex just isnt appealing. I basically feel like I am "taking one for the team" when we do, do it, these days haha! 

@rjgmcmanus YES. I remember this, super cute theme! I can't wait for you to share pics! 

• Options

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/12 20w 4d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: team blue

Baby is the size of a(n): banana 

Upcoming Appointments: had my anatomy scan today and ob apt Thursday

How are you feeling?: not bad, the heat is getting to me and I think it may be causing my daily headaches  

Rants/Raves: I told DH after this baby I am going to need pelvic floor therapy. I pee every time I sneeze, which is a lot. I don’t remember it being this bad with DS but it’s rough. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? I want to learn to build stuff. I have all these ideas of things to make, like a floor bed for DS but I don’t currently have the skills to do it. 

• Options
    @ale9687 I am definitely going to need some pelvic floor therapy. Even before I was pregnant again I would pee when I coughed or sneezed....peeing myself while throwing up was really pleasant in first tri 🤦
  • Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Dec 16, 20 weeks 1 day

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan, perinatologist appointment, and regular prenatal visit tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Getting bigger and hungrier but worried that they’re going to tell me the baby is too small tomorrow because I haven’t been gaining much.  Also just a bit worried in general about the anatomy scan tomorrow and something won’t be right.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? I always feel uncomfortable in situations when I am expected to dance, so I’d like to know how.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    @klmcguire congrats on selling your house!!!  I hope everything goes smoothly!

imageimage
  • Options
    At the anatomy scan, do they tell you what's up while you're there or do they call later with pertinent information?
  • Options
    @bookworm492 They told us while we were there, but I don't know how it would be for something more serious. Baby boy was measuring smallish, so we were told that, but for anything more than that, not sure. I'd assume they do it right there so you can plan the next course of action, but I really don't know. 
  • Options
    @bookworm492 our tech told us what she was looking at and then after the dr came in and did a quick glance herself and told us everything looked great. I think it depends on where you get yours done, if there is a dr there or if they send the results over to your OB. 

@spartanrd4 peeing when vomiting is the worst! I hope you’re through that stage and no longer have to worry about that. 
  • Options
    @ale9687 Yes thankfully that stage is over!! ugh it was horrible 
  • Options

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/12  20 +5

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: PINK!

Baby is the size of a(n):Endive?

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan was last week, ob isn't until aug 19th.

How are you feeling?: I've been really tired. 

Rants/Raves: Nothing 

Questions: I'm a FTM so I am kinda lost on our baby registry. What are some important things we need? 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at?  I wish I was more social...

• Options
    @ale9687 I just spoke to my midwife this morning about peeing when coughing, and she recommended seeing a pelvic floor physiotherapist even during pregnancy because if it's happening this early, it's likely to get worse further into the pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @cassamumba314 FTM too, Babylist sent me this list when I had some questions after registering with them. It's been super helpful and a place to start for me. (Pardon the weird layout of screenshot, I was having trouble uploading the PDF in the app.)
  • Options
    @capricaandrea I’m going to start looking for someone in my area. I couldn’t do classes at the gym for months after I had DS bc I would leak during the entire class. 
  • Options
    cnd29cnd29 member
    @ale9687 Inner dynamics if you need pelvic floor PT. They are in Oakhurst and there’s another one on rt37 next to the hair salon I go to. I think they’re limited on what insurances they take though.

I was going to try to wait until after this one then look into pelvic floor PT, I’ve been leaky since having my son. 
  • Options
    cnd29cnd29 member

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/10, 21 wks today

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): carrot

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan was today, no other appts for 4 weeks

How are you feeling?: not terrible, some back and hip pain when I’ve done too much 

Rants/Raves: anatomy scan went well today 

Questions: anybody know a good face wash/moisturizer for red, dry skin?  

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at? Art. I’m very crafty, I can make lots of things but I can’t draw or paint freehand, wish I could. 

• Options
    Too lazy to copy over all the questions (also I hate trying to format in this app!!) but 21 weeks/endive/yada yada. I just needed to chime in on the leaning forward/bending over problem...I’m getting realllllly good at picking things up with my toes but that doesn’t help me much in public. It’s really surprising to me how many issues it presents throughout the day.

My big rant this week is that my boobs are SO ITCHY. I switched to a maternity bra without underwire last month but it’s still driving me crazy...I literally had to go into the bathroom at work today to scratch!! Anybody dealt with this/have a possible solve? 🙏

And my rave is...maternity jeans!!! Yup I know, this is not news, but I’d really been resisting. Finally broke down and bought a pair of 7 for All Mankinds during the Macy’s/Prime Day sale, and they make me feel almost like a normal human who can comfortably wear normal looking clothes. They’re also buttery soft...basically leggings that are somehow work appropriate! 💪
  • Options
    @cnd29 they came up in my search as the closest one to me. I’m going to reach out and see if they take my insurance. If they do I’m starting right away since I hit my insurance deductible. 

@midgerose86 my boobs are always so itchy. I just put a lot of lotion on them in the morning and it helps a little. If lotion doesn’t cut it for you go straight to coconut oil. 
  • Options

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 11th

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Still Team Green, even though we had the anatomy scan tech write the sex in an sealed envelope. Hubby is trying to convince me to find out....

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow! Pre-natal; review anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Really good with the exception of a cold my toddler has passed on to me

Rants/Raves: Not really a rant / rave but more of a prayer request. My Mom was recently diagnosed with a metastatic squamous cell carcinoma. I've changed her insurance recently so that we can get her into a really good cancer center here but it doesn't kick in until tomorrow. Prayers that it's smooth sailing to get her in and that we get a great oncologist for her who can find the primary source, and that we are able to get treatment and prolong her life. She and my Dad live with us. Have been for 3 years. My heart would be so broken if anything were to happen to her. Prayers also for my Dad. He's so sad and worried. Thank you, All.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is something you wish you were good at or talented at?  I've always wanted to be a great singer or and dancer or both! 

• Options
    *lurking bc bored*

@cnd29 have you tried Cetaphil? It's free from a lot of junk and usually doesn't irritate sensitive skin.
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl what awful news. Sending love your way. 
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl Praying for your family! <3
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl Thinking of you and your family 💕
  • Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    @triwellnessgirl sending your family positive thoughts and vibes.  

imageimage
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl thinking of your family❤️  Hope it’s a smooth transition to her treatment in the new facility!  🙏

@cnd29 Have you ever washed your face with olive oil?  I know it sounds weird, but I’m a sensitive skin person who always broke out (well into my 30s) and a few years ago, I switched from soap to oil, courtesy of the website wellnessmama.  My face has been clear and so much less dry/irritated since. Look at her site- it’s cool anyway for lots of mommy stuff!
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl I am sorry to hear about your mother- I will keep her and your whole family in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl I’m so sorry about your mother’s diagnosis. My father had invasive squamous cell carcinoma about 6 or so years ago in his throat. He went to Sloan but if you’re not located near them it’s not an option. Lots of prayers going your way!
  • Options
    @ale9687 What was the treatment like? How is he now? 

Thank you all for your prayers! I was able to successfully register my Mom as a patient at an amazing cancer center here in Southern California. Her first appt is Mon 8/12. We feel very hopeful.