January 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 7/29

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 7/29

• Options
    DH has just phoned to tell me there was a chicken pox notification on DD's nursery door this morning. They dont vaccinate for that here & it's really something we could do without right now! If she gets them, she wont be allowed into nursery for a week!
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady oh no! Hope your DD doesn't get it! I remember though as a kid parents would purposefully expose their kids to chicken pox because it's worse to get it as an adult and supposedly once you've had it you can't get it again. But having to keep her out of nursery for a week would be hard. 🤞 she doesn't catch it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady why don't they vaccinate for it over there? 
  • Options
    @biolprof im not sure tbh, I can only imagine its because of our free healthcare system & the cost versus the non life threatening-ness of the illness 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady Oh that's interesting, although I get the non life threatening part of it.  I worry more about Shingles later in life.  I hear that's tough.
    Anyways I hope your DD doesn't get them!!
  • Options
    *shudders* I remember chicken pox I had it pretty bad and was obviously old enough to vividly remember it haha. I didn't even know there was a vaccination until it was time for my DD to get it
  • Options
    @mispanda I had shingles when i was about 17/18 & I dont remember it being that bad so I mustve had a really mild case. My dad had shingles a few years ago & it was horrific! He was in so much pain & it lasted for so long!
  • Options
    I honestly never knew there was a vaccine as stated previously before people would just force their kids to get it. The natural vaccine I guess 😅 I got it when I was 2 and according to my mom had a pretty mild case of it. I was purposefully exposed at my daycare. It went around and everyone was like "quick, cough on my kid!" 😯  that's the 80's for ya! 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Has anyone watched Blown Away on Netflix? We are 4 episodes in and I really want to find somewhere to blow glass lol. It’s amazing what can they can do. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I did. It’s amazing what they did. I just hated who won 🤣🤣🤣 she was a bitch. The other dude was so much more chill. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 @stashattack I started watching it last week but was like 2 or 3 episodes away from the end & haven't gotten a chance to finish it yet!  I know who you're talking about though and she drives me nuts! Lol
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I guess about the not being life threatening but shingles can be pretty dibilitating so I dunno. It seems like either you get the chicken pox vaccine or the shingles vaccine later....who knows. Government's are weird at the best of times!
  • Options
    @peppyj9 - That's the 90s for ya too! My mom purposefully got all of us sick with chicken pox from the church nursery. I was only 1.5 ish? So I don't have any memories of having chicken pox.

@leprechaunlady - It's always an amazing feeling when your child sleeps through the night! We are planning on moving DD to a floor mattress soon and I hope she takes to it like your DD.
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady my dd was, and still is, the same way! When she was younger, she would only sleep through the night in our room. She got to the point where she only wanted to be in our bed and it was a fight. I should have tried what you did with the mattress in the room. She’s recently been upset about being in her own bed and wanting to be in ours, and she’s 4! i hope she continues to sleep through the night for you!!
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady so awesome that she made it through the night!!
  • Options
    @stashattack @valerie4786 ugh that’s annoying she wins. Dh laughs at pretty much everything she says because she’s ridiculous. 
  • Options
    @valerie4786 and @kbrown2385 sorry for the spoiler. But yeah. She's a right annoying bitch lol. 

I also wish I had taking a glass blowing class. I actually knew a studio in MD that does classes and stuff. My old metal casting prof worked at it (they also had studios for artists in the building next store). 

@marebear15 Yeah preggo brain has been making me do weird shit too. Like I put the hotdogs on the washing machine (which is right off our kitchen) instead of the fridge the other day. Luckily I caught it in time and shoved them in the fridge as soon as I noticed.
  • Options
    Dd has always been a great sleeper, she had slept through from about 3-4 weeks old. So her not sleeping & not wanting to be in her own bed or room has been a big shock to the system for us! 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 Pregnancy brain is the weirdest thing in that it is so hit and miss. Lately I forget to turn off the water after I water the yard and DH gets annoyed. I don't know why I can't remember to turn it off though...
  • Options
    I'm having a moment.  I'm sitting here folding clothes and there's an outfit that my daughter has outgrown and I just realized it's the last time she or any of my children will ever wear it, since we're likely done after this one.  Don't mind me...sobbing over all the clean clothes. 😭😭

• Options
    @valerie4786 awwww!! 😭❤❤❤
  • Options
    @valerie4786 That’s so sweet and so sad! That’s is why I can’t go through my daughter’s clothes. I‘m having a boy and we don’t know if we are going to have another one, so the thought of seeing her cute little clothes knowing they may never be worn makes me so emotional! You can always hang on to your favorites!

Preggo brain has been bad for me lately. Aside from just being very forgetful, I put my minty toothpaste on my 4 year old’s toothbrush instead of her berry flavored one meant for kids. She started to cry because she can’t handle the mint and couldn’t understand why I gave that to her....I feel so bad!
  • Options
    Super random but my nipples have been killing me! I realized it was from my poorly fitted night time bra (wireless). I think it was too loose and just too much rubbing. Anyway, I bought a new maternity lounge bra yesterday on sale for $14 and I slept beautifully and no nipple pain! haha if anyone is having the same issue try it out :)
  • Options
    Just found out one of my favorite biology profs passed away. I'm crushed! Pregnancy hormones are not making this easier....uggh
  • Options
    @biolprof I’m so sorry for your loss 😭
  • Options
    @biolprof im so sorry to hear that! Xxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It will be okay but never fun news to hear.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @biolprof
  • Options
    @biolprof I’m so sorry! Losing someone you know is hard.
  • Options
    @biolprof sorry to hear about their passing. It's always so sad when someone leaves this earth 😔
  • Options
    @biolprof I’m so sorry to hear that. 
  • Options
    @biolprof My condolences... May they rest in peace
  • Options
    @biolprof I’m so sorry for your loss!

@leprechaunlady That’s great news! Glad you won’t have to worry about it anymore.
  • Options
    @biolprof I’m so sorry! 
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady I'm glad it wasn't chicken pox!

Thanks ladies! Doing better. Hoping to get to the service if I can.