January 2020 Moms

Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 7/29

2»

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 7/29

• @persnickity thank you! Greek girl names just make me happy
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @blackcat01 We've had a boy name picked since our first born, so it's still waiting to get used.  It is incredibly hard for us to come up with girl names so no idea there yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mispanda We struggled with naming our daughter. And I think we are struggling even harder to think of boy names this time since we are having a son. We put some girl names aside after naming our first, so if we had a girl this time it would have been easier. Oh well, we all have time!
  • Wow I feel so behind this week! DH had college friends in town so I guess I've been on TB less. So here it goes!

@FyreFlyeRush yay for lower blood pressure and being off the high risk radar even if it's for a bit. 

@persnickity luckily I have avoided the itchies so far. 

@kbrown2385 Thanks for starting the nursery thread. Pretty stoked to start working on it. DH just sent me a text and found a sloth teething toy he can't put down. He is so funny! To think at one point in our marriage he didn't want kids. 

@blackcat01 we really need to seriously start thinking of names. I think we have narrowed some down but haven't committed yet. 

@jcat1919 It's hard not to be paranoid about gaining too much or too little weight. I would say that your size doesn't indicate that you gained too much weight either, it could just be where the baby is. I had to start wearing maternity super early even though I had gained almost no weight. None of my pants could button anymore so who knows. 

@Mother0fDragons I have had that fear of teeth falling out come true. Childhood accident made me lose my front tooth but we saved it until I was 24 then I got an implant and you can't tell at all but the whole experience was super traumatic and I didn't smile for like 2 years since I didn't have a front tooth and I was super self conscious about it...

@stashattack I swear all my friends are getting pregnant or trying to get pregnant all at the same time unbeknownst to each other. It's been really nice. I can understand being the first. DH and I were the first to get married in our friend group for like 3 years we were the only ones. It's hard to make new friends as adults and it's hard to be at different life stages. Glad you found some support at your car shows!

@schreibaby sorry about the cold. That sounds miserable. 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 25th 14wk 3 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): baby chick yesterday I think

Upcoming Appointments: Aug 14 for 16 week check up

How are you feeling?: This is hard to say. My vomiting frequency has increased but my constant nausea has decreased so it's kind of a wash there. My energy has been better but boy do I crash hard!

Rants/Raves: DH had some college friends in town to visit. The friends SO is also pregnant and I've gotten to know her over time and we get along really well. She is a PA and I'm a biologist so we talk shop alot ;) Also she is 8 weeks ahead so it was fun to compare notes and we worked on registries together. It was a nice weekend! But now I am ready for a nap.

Questions: Anyone know anything about Celiac's and breastfeeding and if the lack of gluten in the diet is bad for baby? I'm sure a pediatrician will know but I guess I'm just nervous that breastfeeding might not be best for my baby and curious if anyone knew.

GTKY: What is your biggest/worst phobia (irrational fear)? Phobias....I guess it's more social anxiety of just being thought of as not fun to hang out with and that people just put up with me even though they would rather be elsewhere....
  • stashattackstashattack member
    edited July 2019
    @biolprof I have no idea but thinking about it, gluten is a type of protein, so as long as you are getting protein from somewhere in your diet, theoretically you should be fine?  I have an allergy to dairy proteins (whey and casine) and I know plenty of women breastfeed on a Dairy-free diet so it think gluten avoidance wouldn't be too different. Most things that contain gluten are carbs anyway, so I would think you could definitely replace that nutrient with other foods. But I'm just married to a scientist :P I don't pretend to know more than I do LOL
  • @stashattack It makes sense. I guess I'm worried that not having the gluten protein will make them more susceptible to becoming celiacs since it is a combination genetic and environmental disease. It's complicated and I don't think science has caught up so it was a shot in the dark but thought maybe someone knew another celiac and what they did. I think of it like peanuts. Before people said no peanuts before age 2 but now all the evidence suggests that it makes peanut allergies worse and that you shouldn't limit peanut exposure in infants.
  • @biolprof allergies are tough. My mom drank TONS of milk during the pregnancy and during breastfeeding and I still ended up with an allergy because it was genetic on her side (just I was the unlucky one who grew out of it). I think it's just because the immune system does SOOOO much and it's SOOO complicated that it's going to take science a while to figure it all out. Which is why I'm in no rush for these "cures" for food allergies when avoidance is a proven method of not killing yourself LOL. 

I've even asked my OB if we can figure out if my girl will be allergic like me and there's no way they can tell. It's a possibility but they can't say one way or another. So we will just have to find out with testing her when she's born. 

Immunology is just so dang complicated.
  • @stashattack "Immunology is just so dang complicated" True and why I'm still employed so I'll take it ;)
  • @kbrown2385 I like the nursery thread idea! I plan to put baby #2 in my DD’s room so while I won’t be decorating a new nursery, I might paint and update their joint room. 

@stashattack I bought a pre-owned crib for my DD and it’s been one of my favorite purchases for her. It’s beautiful heirloom quality and the retail price was FAR above what I would have been able to spend new. I definitely plan to use it for this baby too (my DD is 2.5 and we have no intention of evicting her from it anytime soon).

• @marebear15 I definitely had been googling and had myself a little worried. Luckily the only thing that really can be bad at this point is the fever it causes. I got lucky and mine never got too high. I think towards the end of pregnancy there is a chance it can be passed to baby.