December 2019 Moms

Re: FFFC 7/26

• Options
    i've made 3 nordstrom anni sale orders - largely made up of clothes that i can't fit into and will have to return. this will probably turn into a "why my pregnant self is crying" post once the boxes come. anni sale is my fave time of year, it comes right before my bday and i'm a firm believer in the "treat yo self" mentality. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just ate lunch at 11:30 and am probably gonna run out at 1 and get a small snack/lunch 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @ktmaesim i started using instacart over the winter using the weather as the excuse.... except i never stopped... and now the baby is the new excuse which thankfully will last for a solid 18 yrs.
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I ordered online for the first time in months today. I spent almost $50 less than I do when I take my pregnant, hungry self in the store. 
  • Options
    @k_mama91 instacart is my jam, and i def feel like i wind up with way less random stuff by not perusing every aisle.
  • Options
    Walmart grocery pickup has been a budget saver plus I honestly don't want to take my 3 year old in the store. It's just easier to go pick it up while he is still buckled in his car seat and can't scream he wants to go home for the whole store to hear. 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887  are you shopping at Aldi (you better be)? I know they use instacart, my husband works for the corporate here in Chicago...I am still a huge Aldi fan. I have yet to have groceries delivered, I am for sure using it once baby comes along!
  • Options
    @ktmaesim i would if it was same as in store pricing, about half the stores on instacart jack up the price and the other half don't. which is weird. i mostly use it for Sprouts which is like a MOMs
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I am checking out instacart again, thanks.  Last I checked, it didn’t deliver to my area, but I think that has changed.

@peachie89 I have been using Walmart pickup for about 1.5 years now, and it has been great.  No kids shopping, so less headache and less money spent, and less time.  Plus, it has saved me tons of money by no impulse buys.  And I shop all week, so I generally don’t forget to buy something.   Unfortunately,  all the Walmart’s that participate around me are all about 40 minutes away.
  • Options
    I actually love grocery shopping.  I plan to continue to grocery shop early weekend mornings while dad stays home with baby. 
  • Options
    @holly321 if Instacart isn’t up there check out Shipt as another option.
  • Options
    McKBabyMcKBaby member
    edited July 2019
    My confession is that I’m completely out on grocery delivery. I’m too picky, especially about my produce. I’ve never gotten good produce anytime I’ve had groceries delivered. :(

I’ll just wear the baby until its old enough to sit in the cart, and go while my big kids are in school. 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    @mckaybaby I’ll admit yesterday they gave me a horrible watermelon in my order. I’ve also had some bad packages of meat picked for my order. It’s hit or miss on those things. I do still shop in store when DS is in school when I can go around 8am and be in and out quickly.
  • Options
    @mckbaby I am picky too.  We get the majority of or meat from a butcher, and we (meaning my parents for me) garden and we can/freeze a lot.  I also hit up a couple of different produce stands/marts all the time too, so rarely are they picking my produce for me, or it’s stuff that’s harder to screw up like apples or carrots