Cloth Diapering

Alva Pockets leaking

Hi everyone. My son is 9 months old and I've only been cloth diapering for a month. I'm using the Alvababy pocket diapers with two inserts, one microfiber on top and one bamboo underneath. My son leaks at the legs just about every time. Any advice on sticking with the pocket diapers? Or should I just use them as diaper covers and switch to a different kind of insert..but what? TIA!! 

Re: Alva Pockets leaking

• It may be a fit issue? It may be an insert issue? There may be detergent build up in your inserts or something like that. Hard to tell... I’m not a fan of that brand and always had leak issues with them. I sold most of mine and use the couple I kept as swim diapers...
  • Thank you for the ideas. Personally I'm not in love with the pocket diapers but I have invested in them now so I'd like to make them work. What detergent do you use? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the ideas. Personally I'm not in love with the pocket diapers but I have invested in them now so I'd like to make them work. What detergent do you use? 
    I use tide powder original for diapers only. All my regular laundry I use Mrs Meyers. 

I have a couple pockets in my stash but they aren’t my go to choice. I do have friends that SWEAR by them though.