January 2020 Moms

PGAL w/o 7/24

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? 

Re: PGAL w/o 7/24

• 1. How many weeks are you? 14 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 6 losses. 12/13, 1/17, 11/17, 4/18, 9/18, 2/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I’m feeling more comfortable. We actually announced yesterday and it came with a weird mix of anxiety and feeling like this is actually real. I wake up every day and am just amazed we are still here...with twins. Physically feeling better. I’m still so tired but nausea has decreased and I have more of an appetite. 

4. Any appointment updates? Had an appt yesterday. It went well and we were able to see both babies moving all over with great heartbeats. One thing I was not happy about was the dr asking if I planned on breastfeeding. I had such a terrible experience with ds that I’m not feeling it this time around and I didn’t appreciate the dr pushing it. When he said it’s healthiest and why wouldn’t I want to I kind of freaked on him and told him my 4 year old is healthier than most ebf kids we know and he was 100% formula fed because I was starving him. Hopefully that kind of shit him up about it. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Already tired of people making twin comments or asking if I’m excited. I’ll get there, it just hasnt happened yet. Also, why do people feel like they need to post my pregnancy announcement? I’ll ever understand, it’s not your news to share.  Sorry, lots of bitching this week 😏

6. Any milestones coming up? Seeing more growth and hearing perfect heartbeats at my next appt. 

7. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Nova Scotia and Newfoundland are so beautiful, although winter could be hard for me. 
  • @kbrown2385 no apologies necessary for bitching. People will ask about the twins but it doesn't mean you have to be excited about it. I get frustrated when people ask if I enjoy being pregnant or if I know the gender. But I know people don't know what to say and they are coming from a good place so I try to check the inner anger. It sometimes works 😜

1. How many weeks are you? 13 + 4

2. Previous loss(es)? 12/18 and 4/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Doing okay on both fronts actually. The nausea is getting better if I keep my sinuses clear. It's feeling more real and we are starting to let ourselves plan now. Then I feel overwhelmed and feel like I don't have enough time lol. Always something.

4. Any appointment updates? 16 week check up and second sequential screen (blood work) Aug 14

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I just finished my summer class. I'm so happy for a little break from teaching. I'm just over it right now.

6. Any milestones coming up? All of them. It's surreal to see my bump grow.

7. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I really like where I live but I would love to live in Vienna, Germany likely. I've heard New Zealand is awesome but having never been there I'm not sure I would move there first.
  • Loading the player...
  • @biolprof all of my inner anger shows all over my face haha. I know it comes with the territory, but really, just leave me alone. Glad you have a little break from classes to enjoy some of your summer. When does it start back up again? 
  • @kbrown2385 Sept 25 is the start  quof falla quarter so I have about 8 weeks to prep and take vacation so enough time I hope!
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 13w3d part of the January caboose. 

2. Previous loss(es)? 1/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically, I'm feeling a ton better. Nausea is really mild, and just seems to show up when I'm hungry or smell something I don't like. Still can't drink coffee. My energy seems to be coming back. My chest is less tender, but stay the frack away from the tips. Emotionally, the ultrasound last week really relaxed me. I almost think that was a milestone I hadn't accounted for. I'm still anxious about the NIPT results, but I've calmed down dramatically. My fat(ter) pants no longer fasten. I'm starting to accept this is real and get excited.

4. Any appointment updates? 7/30 High risk blood pressure check

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope! I'm all good here!

6. Any milestones coming up? I've passed all my milestones...but I might have a set back next week as my due date 8/2 approaches. 

7. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? New Zealand or Taiwan. Both are absolutely beautiful countries. @biolprof, if you've ever seen the Lord of the Rings or Hobbit movies, that is what the WHOLE North Island looks like. I've never been to the South Island, but my parents said it's just as gorgeous. 
  • @kbrown2385 I agree. Have never understood people feeling the need to share your news as their own. 

@biolprof Enjoy your time off!

@FyreFlyeRush I hope you get good NIPT results...and soon!

1. How many weeks are you? 15w on the dot. 

2. Previous loss(es)? DD’s twin 2/17

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I’m trying not to freak out too much, but last week I felt occasional movement for sure and now I’m not feeling it, so I can’t help but worry. I’ve been so busy, though, that I am hoping it’s just that I haven’t been as in tune and focused on noticing the movements. Physically, my digestive system hates me. 

4. Any appointment updates? 7/29 for OB appt

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Any other STMs who have felt baby still only feeling occasional or every once in awhile movement?

6. Any milestones coming up? Reassurance on 7/29 will be a milestone. 

7. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? It sounds like we’re all moving to New Zealand! I’ve never been but desperately want to go. 

• How many weeks are you? 14w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? 11/12 at 10 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I'm feeling great! I can feel the baby move sporadically which is amazing and shocking at how strong she is..

4. Any appointment updates? We went in for an elective ultrasound this week and found out that after 3 boys we're having a girl. I can't believe it.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Hah. Well my MIL took it upon herself to publicly announce that we're having a girl.. even though I only JUST announced my pregnancy on social media yesterday. I was livid. That wasn't her news to share!

6. Any milestones coming up? Looking forward to 20 weeks and knowing this baby is healthy. (And confirming it's a girl!)

7. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?  I love where I live but I would love to live in Ireland.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kbrown2385 im sorry your doctor was a dick about breastfeeding. Some medical professionals are so blinkered about breast being best, they dont take into consideration your previous experiences etc. Unless he’s going to be feeding your twins himself, quite frankly, he can eff right off! 
    Dd was also eff from day 1 so again, if its something you want to talk about, im here. Xxx
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited July 2019
    @leprechaunlady its just super irritating to me. Breastfeeding is not the end all be all and I don’t think drs need to shame moms because they choose not to do it. If it comes up again at another appt I’m going to put my foot down and make them put it in my chart not to ask about it. It took me too long to get over my own guilt from last time and I refuse to be put in that position again. 

Sorry, that was a lot but something I feel strongly about. 

Edit for words
  • @kbrown2385 this is absolutely not something you need to apologise for! i completely understand the guilt, ive been there! I made the comment a few times that if we were living in the wild DD would have starved cause i simply couldnt feed her.
    At my appointment yesterday, the midwife asked me about it too but was very understanding when i explained my previous experience & supportive of whatever decision i choose to make further down the line. Her only advice was if i choose not to breastfeed this time round, that i do feeds skin to skin for the first little while.
    I hope you get better support going forward cause we have enough to be dealing with as new parents (to 2 babies, never mind 1) to deal with that shit!
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 17w1

2. Previous loss(es)? 9/18 & 3/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? emotionally for some reason I'm getting all worried again. I have an anterior placenta apparently so I went from feeling a ton of flutters a week ago to much less now. I'm hoping I start to feel the flutters more soon/strongly but I know that may not happen with this placenta in the way. Physically just feeling the pulls here and there/ still very tired

4. Any appointment updates? aug6 for anatomy scan and 12th for midwife

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I will be 18w6days at the anatomy scan, does that feel a little early?

6. Any milestones coming up? just getting through the next ultrasound and feeling kicks more

7. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Scotland or the Mediterranean, Europe really :) 

@kbrown2385 that's weird about sharing of the announcement!
    @biolprof enjoy having the summer off!
    @FyreFlyeRush glad you are starting to feel this is more real and are more relaxed now :) 
    @EmilyE13 I'm in the same boat feeling movements on and off, it's making me stressed, I just want to feel them consistently! Let me know if you start to feel movement more 
    @motherof3dragons congratulations on the girl!!!! Also I can't believe MIL did that, super frustrating 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k - I had my A/S with DD when I was 18 weeks and it was totally fine. My office schedules them between 18-20 weeks.
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I’m sure 19ish weeks will be fine! They wouldn’t have scheduled it if it wasn’t.
  • @EmilyE13 I was feeling movement daily for a week and now it has totally stopped the last 3 days.  I was freaking out but Google tells me it's totally normal and based on the number of panicked posts I found we are not alone.  Hoping to start feeling her more regularly again!

1. How many weeks are you? 15 weeks today

2. Previous loss(es)? My son at 17 weeks Oct 2016

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I was on the struggle bus as I officially entered the second trimester because that is when my loss happened.  I honestly never thought I would make it this far, so I wasn't mentally prepared for how much getting here would affect me.  Doing better now, but 16-17 weeks will be very tough mentally.

4. Any appointment updates? My MFM refused to schedule a 16 week scan (even though that was the US where my son's passing was discovered).  Luckily my OB is awesome and scheduled one for me at his office.  I'm going to request to return a week later for a Doppler, as my loss milestone will happen a few days later and it will mess with my head. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Like EmilyE, I was feeling movement daily but now I haven't felt anything in a few days.  I freaked initially but Google has reassured me that it's normal this early in the game.  My nipples have been randomly getting so hard they hurt!  It's usually just the left one, but it happened to both yesterday and I was soooo uncomfortable.  Anyone else experiencing this?

6. Any milestones coming up?  17 weeks is around the corner 

7. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Anywhere but where I currently live, in the Chicago suburbs. I've lived here my whole life and absolutely hate this state and have tried to leave several times but life gets in the way.  Currently scheming to escape to Indianapolis in a few years hopefully. 

• @DalexRN Thank YOU for the reassurance! I’m also so happy for you that your OB got a scan scheduled for you in light of what you’ve been through. Oh, and definitely escape Chicago and come on over to Indy!!