Group 4 Check in (12/25-12/31) w/o 7/22

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have any pets? (feel free to share pictures!)

Re: Group 4 Check in (12/25-12/31) w/o 7/22

• Options
    McKBabyMcKBaby member
    edited July 2019

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/28 / 17w2d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): Cassette Tape (some of you young ladies are saying “a what?!?” :D )

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy Scan & OB appointment on 8/9

How are you feeling?: I feel great!

Rants/Raves: I’m having the most vivid, but not good pregnancy dreams  :(

Questions:  

GTKY: Do you have any pets? (feel free to share pictures!) No pets for me. I’m basically allergic to anything cuddly. 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17w 4d 12/26

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue! 

Baby is the size of a(n): chipmunk 

Upcoming Appointments: not until after vacation! 8/15 and anatomy scan 8/16

How are you feeling?: tired. And just over the summer. 

Rants/Raves: I just want an hour of no interruptions. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have any pets? (feel free to share pictures!) nope. Had a cat but no longer 

ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi guys. 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17w 4d 12/26

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: surprise! 

Baby is the size of a(n): candy bar 

Upcoming Appointments: Aug 8

How are you feeling?: tired..moody 

Rants/Raves: I just feel annoyed or upset with people all the time..

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have any pets? (feel free to share pictures!) nope. 

• Options

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12-28 / 17w+ 3d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: GREEN again!!

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 8/14 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: tired and still taking morning sickness medicine. I am finding I have more energy in the evenings lately, but no appetite, so maybe we are working up to all day energy!!

Rants/Raves: rant is still lacking energy which is only made worse by a very active toddler. Rave: I actually have the desire to deep clean my house but can only get small task done right now. 

Questions: Has anybody else still not told their families?? MH is being a butt and won;t decide when or how to tell them or when he does it's "wait until we go home and they will just know" Next time we go home I will be 30 weeks. Maybe this should be a rant too lol

GTKY: Do you have any pets? (feel free to share pictures!) I have 4 dogs. Black lab/blue heeler mix, 2 chihuahua/jack russel mixes, and a yellow lab. New computer so I have no pictures on here to share. 

• Options
    @Peachie89 - sometimes I wish we hadn't told people yet... But I hope you folks figure out which way you wanna go soon.

Mini rant: my MIL said today at lunch "you might be starting to feel movement soon" and I said "I have a bit" and she said "you MUST announce those things" to which I said "I don't HAVE to do anything".

Like....I'm telling her now? In the context of normal conversation? Would she also like me to announce every time I have to pee, or everytime my boobs hurt, or every time I feel RPL? 
  • Options
    McKBabyMcKBaby member
    edited July 2019
    @Peachie89 We started telling people
    last week at 16 weeks. I think if you wait until 30 weeks and show up with a giant baby bump, people might be pissed. Just a hunch.   :D

@jandawgHas anyone offered to throw you one yet?  I’m not doing a shower because this is my 3rd. But with my first, we had the shower around 32 weeks. My mom did all the planning. I’m not a huge shower person, so I tried to stay out of it. 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    @Peachie89 I told my parents right away,  and my in laws found out a few weeks ago (husband isn't close with his family ). Other extended relatives found out when I told my mom it was ok.  As far as friends,  I've told a few but reactions have been really odd. Some have iced me out of their life , other told a whole bunch of our random acquaintances without letting me know.  So I've decided I'm not telling friends any more and it's incredibly freeing. I'm still easily able to hide the bump and when I'm not I'll just go on social outing lockdown which I don't mind. They'll find out after it's born I guess,  or maybe they never will,  and I just don't care any more lol. 
  • Options
    @McKBaby no not yet but I haven't even started on a registry either. I'm not super into the idea but I'm sure it will be nice (I was pleasantly surprised by my wedding shower).

@bookworm982 I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with your friends but I think that's great you've found a way to feel free about it rather than stressed. 

The hardest part I'm finding in coping is dealing with family expectations or people telling me about how I'm supposed to feel about my own body. 
  • Options
    @jandawg I feel the same way about wishing I hadn't told some people because like @bookworm982 "friends" have ran their mouths and told others I didn't want to know yet or they have been really weird towards me. @McKBaby I agree my family would be pissed at a 30 week bump walking in the door but my husband is not as close with his family so he just doesn't care if they know at all. I'm actually sure my family is gonna be excited but upset that I waited this long to tell them granted we did wait until 14-16 weeks to tell them about DS. He said 20 weeks last night but I really want to tell them Saturday (18 weeks). I'm just trying to come up with a creative way to tell them. We did a cute little postcard with DS that said "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby" with pictures under each section of our first date, wedding, then sonogram. 
  • Options
    @Peachie89 Yeah my family wasn’t thrilled that we waited until 16 weeks but there were several reasons why we decided to wait. We explained them, and if they are still bent about it that’s their problem.  

To announce DD we had DS wear a “I’m going to be a big brother” shirt, and waited to see how long it took for people to notice. Not the most original idea but was effective and cute. 

Good luck. I hope DH agrees to you telling your family when you want! 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    The ultrasound office just called and bumped my ultrasound from this Friday to a date when I'm out of town. Now I'm probably going to have to wait 3 weeks for my AS! 

I am so bummed.
  • Options
    @jandawg well that sucks!! I’m sorry :( 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19