edited July 2019 in March 2020 Moms
EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school?

edited to change GTKY
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Group 2 Check-In (3/9-3/16) w/o 7/22

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 12th, 6+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out. 

Baby is the size of a(n): As tall as a Reese's peanut butter cup. 

Upcoming appts: Next Tuesday!!!

How are you feeling?: My acid reflux is off the charts already. So, this should be fun.

Rants/Raves: Taking a girls trip this week and will be away from DH/DS for 5 days! I am excited, but I feel like I'm aleady starting to miss them. But, then again I'm like FIVE WHOLE DAYS!!!! 

Questions: None. 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? Chemistry for sure followed by Biology in 2nd place. I'm definitely a nerd and love all things science.
  • Options
    stacey6689stacey6689 member
    edited July 2019
    EDD/W+D: March 10th, 6+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate Seed

Upcoming appts: This Friday!!!

How are you feeling?: Aside from feeling fatigued all the time and bloated, I am feeling good. 

Rants/Raves: Going to see the Lion King tonight after work. DH and I love everything Disney so we make it a point to see all the movies we can. Hoping it's a good one! I'm assuming they aren't going to stray that far from the original but you never know. 

Questions: None.  

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? English has always been my favorite. I just love reading and writing and always did so well in the subject. I was an English major in College for a bit but then made the switch to Psychology/Sociology. 

@alyssajr22 Girls trip sounds fun!!! Where are you headed?

Me: 30 | DH: 32

Married: Jan 02, 2015

EDD 03/10/20 3 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/15 6+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea or battleship peg

Upcoming appts: Thursday 😁

How are you feeling?: mild nausea pretty much all the time but much worse when changing DS’s diapers or brushing my teeth, tired, emotional 

Rants/Raves: So glad to be back home. Vacation was fun but now I’m looking forward to being on a regular schedule and to be done with car naps for a bit! 

Questions: Has anyone found any relief for constipation?

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? I loved all my STEM classes (in Hs electronics, engines, CAD, etc... Plus math and science! In college I liked my major specific classes where I got to be hands on in our clean room running experiments!)
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/10, 6+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): “a Maine blueberry, and hates oxidants just as much” 

Upcoming appts: Aug 1

How are you feeling?: Back at work after six solid days of dry heaving 15-20 times a day. I have the MS under control (for now) with 3x daily unisom+b6, eating every two hours day and night, strategic naps, and sheer willpower. Otherwise, I’m doing pretty well. 

Rants/Raves: One plus side of being housebound: got to rewatch Veronica Mars and finish Stranger Things 👍🏼

Questions: nope

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? English! 
  • Options
    jenEPjenEP member
    EDD/W+D: 3/9, 7 weeks today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green

Upcoming appts: midwife said I can be seen again at 9 weeks if I want, otherwise it will at 11 weeks for my NT scan. I am on the wait list for the 9 week appt because they are so full right now. 

How are you feeling?: Exhausted and nauseous all the time. Lots of dry heaving. Super fun taking care of a 1 year old and 3 year old.

Rants/Raves: DH is working A LOT right now so I am mostly solo parenting. 

Questions: Debating if I want to try to have this third baby without an epidural. Also, wondering if because I was GBS positive with DD2, if that means I will antibiotics regardless of whether I test positive this time or not. Anyone know?

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? I loved all math and science classes growing up, ended up majoring in psychology and getting my PhD in it a few years ago.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/13 | 6+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: likely finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appts: first u/s July 31st. I could've had one tomorrow, but I'm glad I pushed it to a date that can give more definitive results. 

How are you feeling? like I'm hungover 24/7. And super irritable/moody. And tired. 

Rants/Raves: Ugh, the bloat is real and my pants are already getting tighter  :#  I'm hoping to be able to hide the blump until we see my family in September, but not sure how realistic that is. STM problems! On the other hand I'm happy that I'll get to wear maternity pants again. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? It really depended on the teacher. I had a phenomenal science and chemistry teacher in HS, but I wouldn't say that it would've been my favorite subject otherwise. On the other hand, I did well in English/Lit, but never really liked it. 

@stacey6689 enjoy Lion King!

@jenEP I don't think they'll make you be on antibiotics unless you test positive for GBS this pregnancy. 

@alyssajr22 OMG I'm SO jealous of your girls' trip!

@varimama ugh, car naps can be the worst, especially when they're the only form of nap they're getting. And my PNV has a ton of magnesium (amino acid chelate, oxide, & citrate) in it, and I rarely have any constipation issues. 

@pdx2020 wow, I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy! Way to go with finding a system that works for you! 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    jlf44jlf44 member
    EDD March 12, 6+4 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green ?: undecided, was team green first time around but can’t figure out what I want to do this time. 

Upcoming appts: Aug 8 is first US appt, have to go get bloodwork sometime before the end of the month. 

How are are you feeling?: Off and on. Completely normal for a few hours and then knocked on my butt for a few. My nausea tends to feel like a wicked hangover. Still exhausted, trying to nap during my DD’s nap time, but not usually tired until late afternoon. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? In HS I loved chemistry classes, in college I was all about philosophy, which I majored in. 
  • Options
    @stacey6689 Nashville! None of us that are going have ever been, so we are all really excited. One place we plan on going is The Legendairy Milkshake Bar. Check out their website and how delicious everything looks! Is it bad that I'm super excited about an ice cream stop? 
  • Options
    jenEPjenEP member
    @keeksie84 just saw you are located near Seattle. I’m in Woodinville. Where are you? 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @alyssajr22 I've also been having some bad heartburn/reflux ughh 
    @keeksie84 yay for your LOs first word! 🐶 
    @varimama my NP suggested colace and i tried it and it worked a little too well imho. I've been ok since then with lots of water and some prunes. 
    @pdx2020 glad you're feeling better! 

EDD/W+D: 3/10 ; 6w+6d 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Will be the size of a blueberry in Week 7. 

Upcoming appts: Next week, Aug. 2. 

How are you feeling?: Better than last week so far! The nausea is feeling more manageable now that I'm forcing myself to eat snacks and have a decent appetite back. 

Rants/Raves: Absolute RAVE for the banana pudding at the bakery near my office. 2 of my best friends are pregnant with their firsts and due within the next month (one this week, one mid-August) so it has been so fun sharing this with them! 

Questions: Anybody else find yourself changing up your morning routine to deal with the nausea? I have to eat something within 15 min of waking up or I feel awful, which means breakfast at 6am now whereas I usually waited until I got to work at 9 to eat breakfast. Just throwing off my regular morning flow.

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? Spanish, English, Biology and Chemistry. 

• Options
    EDD/W+D:  March 13, 6w2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team green 

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appts: Aug 15

How are you feeling?: Exhausted! My husband let me sleep in this morning and I woke up a full 2 hours later than usual. Almost took a nap this afternoon too! I'm also ever so slightly nauseous now on and off. And I feel perpetually hung over which is just wonderful. 

Rants/Raves: I begged for vanilla pudding on Saturday night and then didn't want it as soon as DH came home with it. Kind of feel bad about that. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? History and Music. 
  • Options
    @keeksie84, yep, based in Portland! Love the PACNW. 

You and @JenEP should check out Om Mama Co if you’re interested in connecting with mamas IRL in the Seattle area — I’d join in a heartbeat if I was a little closer. Or just follow along on IG! 

https://ommamaco.com
  • Options
    @jenEP I'm in Renton!

@pdx2020 I'll totally check out Om Mama Co...I've never heard of it.  Have you heard of PEPS?  It's a Seattle based program, but I believe they are now in Portland.  This group is my #1 recommendation for all new moms.  I still get together with my PEPS group at least monthly.  They were my best support group when DD was tiny.
  • Options
    jenEPjenEP member
    @pdx2020 thanks for the suggestion! 

@keeksie84 nice! You’re so close to us. I have a 16 mo girl and 3.5 yo girl. 
  • Options
    @alyssajr22 So jealous of your girls trip! Have fun!
    @stassischroeder I so feel you on the STM blump. I don't want to switch to maternity pants before I start telling people, but it may happen.
    @keeksie84 Yay for DD saying dog!

EDD/W+D: 3.13/6w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: prob finding out this time

Baby is the size of a(n): Maine blueberry, and as tall as a peanut butter cup :smile:

Upcoming appts: Friday! No U/S yet though

How are you feeling?: Okay, overall. I feel like I have to keep eating to avoid getting nauseous. Yesterday morning was rough, but I think it was also because of a lack of sleep. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: FIL has to get a big surgery Thursday. *TW He has esophageal cancer.* MIL will be staying with us, likely through at least next Thursday, since the hospital is here and they live 1.5 hrs away. 
    Rave: If all of that goes as planned, we're taking DS to the aquarium Saturday with my family, and then DH and I are taking a few days off work next week to have some chill time together.

Questions: If anyone finds free, at-home prenatal workout videos, let me know! 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? English/writing... which has led me to my career in journalism. I also liked meteorology and did that through college. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @mrsvp614 a fellow journo, huh? I'm a reporter 😊. 

@sunflower_auryn I found that if I eat something like a cracker before I even get out of bed it helps tremendously!

EDD/W+D: 3/16, 6+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Can someone help me out here... what do the colors mean? I'm still trying to decide whether I want to find out!

Baby is the size of a(n): It says as tall as the end of a match? Haha

Upcoming appts: 8/6

How are you feeling?: Not sure when extreme symptoms kick in, but so far I'm just bloated and I wake up feeling a bit queasy.

Rants/Raves: This is my first pregnancy, first post, and I'm really happy to be here, considering I have no idea what to expect through all this!

Questions: Will I ever be able to think about anything else besides the fact that I'm pregnant? 😂
  • Options
    janice9821janice9821 member
    edited July 2019
    EDD/W+D: due 3/10

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appts: I'm in the waiting room for my first appointment now!

How are you feeling?: Mostly ok, which is not like my other 2 pregnancies. Some fatigue, some bloating, but nothing terrible. 

Rants/Raves: There is a beautiful 110 gallon good tank at the doctor's office and I'm really digging it! 😍

Questions: Nah.

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? In high school, I liked math and science best. In college, I found that I was most interested in sociology, psychology, criminology, law, and economics. I wound up majoring in sociology and minoring in economics. 

ETA: good tank = fish tank.  Thanks, autocorrect. 
  • Options
    Posting and ghosting for now, but will go back through and read and love things later!

EDD/W+D: 
    6+5, 3/12/20

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 
    Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Ladybug

Upcoming appts: 
    First US/viability scan on Thursday!

How are you feeling?: 
    Barfy. So incredibly barfy.

Rants/Raves: 
    I've not been around much and I feel bad. Work is bananas right now, and we went on a mini vacation. Other than that feeling tired and nauseous, but happy to do so.

Questions: 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school?
    Art, anything English or history related.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 12th/6 weeks + 5 days (wow!)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: If I can stay strong (BIG IF), team green. I found out with DD and DS very early, and I don't regret it, but this will be the last baby, so.... it could be fun! (PS I already think girl because I'm crazy).

Baby is the size of a(n): A ladybug!

Upcoming appts: Finally made one! August 9th... far enough away that I don't need to stress (yet). 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! I am glad that I have SOME symptoms. They are mild, and nothing like with DS (yet), but ***TW*** I had ZERO symptoms with my loss, and that was my first sign, so I'm happy to have anything. End TW*** Nausea that comes and goes. Sore-ish boobs. Weird appetite. Some food aversions. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: This weather! I have run outside in the middle of the afternoon on my lunch break two days in a row, and it has been glorious! 

Questions: Sort of just curious... how much are you all sleeping at night these days? 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? Give me all the subjects... I freaking loved school. I tried to be a professional student and make a career out of it, but around 32 I had to gracefully exit and start having babies/actually working. I guess English and Biology/Anatomy. I ended up studying English Literature in undergrad/MA/PhD, so it stuck. 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @miss.sally welcome to the best group :p that's so funny and cool that JJ delivered to your car just outside the restaurant LOL

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 it's an autocorrect fail.  😂 

It was a big, beautiful FISH tank. 😍
  • Options
    @stassischroeder I felt ridiculously lazy and spoiled, but they were so sweet about it, and with how much I crave JJs, I'm sure they'll soon know me by name there. lol
  • Options
    @miss.sally I’m in a similar boat with due date, by LMP 3/8 but by ovulation 3/15. Last time my OB didn’t adjust it and it worked out bc I was induced with DS at 41 weeks (I think actually 40 based on O) and he was 8lb 12oz though his head was 96th percentile and I needed an episiotomy and the vacuum to get him out! I don’t want to actually have to go 41 weeks this time and baby be bigger or have a bigger head 😬 Either way I think I’m hanging out in this group bc like @stassischroeder says it’s the best 😉 and I do think it’s the most accurate! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @varimama omg that sounds horrifying!! I begged my OB to induce me last time because I had prodromal labor starting at 35 weeks. My contractions were fairly regular and I was walking around at 3cm dilated for two weeks. They wouldn’t induce until my actual due date so I was MISERABLE for an entire month. One I was induced it took no time at all, and only two pushed despite him weighing so much. 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 614 isn't my area code, but we are going to Newport Aquarium :) I'm in KY.

@thatsnotafoodbaby I'm an executive producer at my local NBC station. Yay for journalists! 
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @miss.sally your experience sounds awful too! Labor is kind of crazy how it’s so different for everyone and every baby! Idk what is wrong with humans though bc I feel like I rarely hear about the textbook cases where labor and timing is perfect then a few pushes and baby is there. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or maybe I just remember the other cases bc they are more interesting
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    jlf44jlf44 member
    @keeksie84 yes! Why is it that I can be exhausted ALL day and then at DD’s nap time I am wide awake.... @EmilyLove25 happy to have a due date buddy (or, apparently several? Haha ... maybe something in the water? And I also have girl feelings already!!
  • Options
    @MrsVP614 We are members there and love it! Yay, we are "sort of" neighbors... I assume you work for a KY news station and not Cincinnati WLWT?
    *TW*

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 9, 7+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Altoid

Upcoming appts: Aug. 6, first appt. and u/s

How are you feeling?: Fine. I’m more nauseated this time than I was with either of my boys, but it’s something. 

Rants/Raves: It’s gorgeous in my state this week and I am swooning over being outside so much. 

Questions: none here

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school? English and Theatre

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• Options
    @emilylove25 thanks for explaining that! I'm team not sure yet about finding out 😊
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 Yep! I'm in Louisville :)
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @RanFan28 For some reason I just lol'd at the altoid... but honestly, I'm 7 weeks and that gives me so much more of a perspective than the microchamelion or WTF my app says hahahaha.

*TW*

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 I know right? I laughed and then I was like, "Oh. I can see that." Haha! 

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 14, 7+0

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming appts: I've got a slightly higher risk pregnancy, so I've got a blood lab tomorrow and a trip to the high risk specialist soon.

How are you feeling?: Bloated just, like, constantly. And tired. And hungry, but I'm terrified to consume anything because of all the lists and the threat of food poisoning.

Rants/Raves: I'm so sleep deprived, it's great that I have nothing planned this weekend. Every weekend in august is either a wedding or a convention or something that I have to be 90% at.
    I've also discovered that I have the magic power to want a kind of food, and then my DH just goes and gets it for me, so that's nice. We're going to a German restaurant for dinner so I hope schnitzel is on the "OK to eat" list.

GTKY: At the high school level I liked art best. My favorite course I took in college was Death in German Literature.

• Options
    @mauvelousone Hi! Try not to overthink or SUPER stress about the okay to eat list. When you talk to doctors about things that you allegedly aren't supposed to eat, they often go, "huh, but why?" I'm not saying don't avoid the obvious ones, but don't beat yourself up stressing over it. I promise schnitzel is okay! Our bodies and those little fetuses are super resilient and amazing! 
    *TW*