Group 1 (2/1-2/7) check-in w/o 7/22

EDD/W+D:

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appts:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears)?

Re: Group 1 (2/1-2/7) check-in w/o 7/22

• Options
    EDD/W+D: Feb 3 12 weeks today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming appts: this Friday

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Just tired

Rants/Raves: we were out of power for 3 days in 100 degree weather. That was so rough.

Questions: none 

Im a pretty rational person and realistic about things. Sometimes I get worked up about stuff that is inevitable though like the thought of one day DH dying. But as far as phobias, I don’t have one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @taylork2020 I think the belly band is worth the investment. My experience is that maternity pants tend to sag most of the time, but especially if your belly isn’t quite big enough to hold them up. When I’m in that in between phase, the belly band allows me to wear my regular pants to work until I can properly hold up the maternity pants.
  • Options
    @therealbitts okay, great! I’m mostly worried about the band rolling down like spanx do, if you know what I mean. I just want it to stay in place, feel comfy, and hold my pants up lol. 
  • Options
    @therealbitts My late afternoons/ evenings are the worst too. I feel so sick and tired from about 4-8PM, but then not tired at all at bed time. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2.7.20

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding Out (Opted for early testing on the NIPT)

Baby is the size of a(n): Bee Hummingbird

Upcoming appts: Wednesday for another US

How are you feeling?: Fine except for a small headache

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears)? None?
  • Options
    d-stand-stan member
    EDD/W+D: 2/7/20 (11w4d)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Not sure yet;waiting on the bloodwork. Feel like it’s a girl 🤷🏼‍♀️

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming appts: August 12th

How are you feeling?: Fine 🤷🏼‍♀️ Hungry 🙂

Rants/Raves: I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but I’m tired of everyone constantly asking how I am lol I haven’t had any morning sickness or anything and the people who keep asking see me everyday lol

Questions:

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears)? Drowning (normal life fear) I’m trying not to be fearful of anything pregnancy related lol
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: Feb 2/ 12+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue! (Found out with NIPT)

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming appts: 8/12 for 14wk appt; just had another endo visit this morning (and that's it for 6wks! Yes! 🎉🎉)

How are you feeling?: mostly the same- still exhausted, still nauseous when I dont eat, but really excited to have found out the gender.

Rants/Raves: girl, honestly I wish my gut looked more like a bump than the sack of potatoes it currently looks like. Like I'm a bigger girl already but jeeze it looks like I gained 20lbs instead of 4.
    Found out that one of my close friends just found out she's pregnant, so glad that I'll have someone close to me that understands what I'm going through (bc honestly, it's been a bit of a lonely process so far)

Questions: Any advice from moms to boys for a FTM?

The only phobia I think I have is related to being alone in an isolated area (like the middle of the woods or a really rural area), probably bc I watched too many horror movies growing up...
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: Feb 7th and 11+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): lime 

Upcoming appts: August 1st 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Some nauseous every once in a while but bearable. So hungry ALL THE TIME! I feel like my symptoms are starting to really ease up. 

Rants/Raves: Had lunch with my MIL where I felt like she bragged about what an amazing job she did raising her 3 kids and it felt very prideful. My SIL made a comment that "we won't be as good of mother's as you are" and I honestly feel that way. It's going to be really hard to meet her expectations. It's really stressing me out. She worked part time until all her kids graduated highschool. 

Questions: does anyone have any book recommendations?

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia 
    Drowning in my car! Ridiculous I know. What if I can't break the window???? 
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside A few years ago at my company dinner, I got a window breaker thingy (don't know the actual name) as a stupid white elephant gift and was all bummed. But I have kept that thing in my car since because I thought of that exact scenario and was like I am NOT letting that happen to me. lol
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside any particular topic of book you're interested in (like pregnancy, raising an infant, child rearing, completely unrelated to pregnancy, etc)
  • Options
    @pinkiswhereallofitstarts advice for boys...point the penis down in the diaper! 😆
  • Options
    @pinkiswhereallofitstarts more boy advice: be ready for lots of nudity, fart jokes and a volume of loud you have never experienced.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @bg122785 haha I gotta get one of those lol!! That's awesome! 

@pinkiswhereallofitstarts like books on how to raise your first baby and not lose your sanity! Joking, but also serious. I really don't want to mess up my first kid! An intro to motherhood if you will haha. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: well first US had my EDD at 2/1, but after today’s US it looks like 1/30. So about 12+6!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: totally finding out and counting down the days until 9/18!

Baby is the size of a(n): ripe apricot 

Upcoming appts: had one this morning! Next one is 8/22

How are you feeling?: a lot better than I was but still struggling to find food that sounds good. Vegetables make me gag, as do most meats 🙄

Rants/Raves:feeling mostly better, and have gotten myself back into running this week m for the first time since I found out, so that has me in a much better mood!

Questions: none right now!

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears)? Snakes and the people I love dying or Getting some kind of unknown disease. Lord help me once baby arrives and I have someone else to worry about!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2/7, 11+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: hopefully green

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appts: today! Or Aug 11

How are you feeling?: mildly better, nausea is less so that’s a plus, but had serious dizziness kick in, and lots of cramping. 

Rants/Raves: today’s appointment made things better since everything looked good with both babies! But I need to start telling my kids and family and I’m terrified. So that’s causing mass anxiety. 

Questions: none really

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears)?  Not completely irrational but, Drowning in my car! Even worse now is with so many kids in car seats, it’s not being able to get them all out. Ugh. Makes me sick just thinking about it! 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: February 4th!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:
    Finding out! I have two boys so I’d love to know what number 3 will be 
    Baby is the size of a(n):
    Toy Soilder

Upcoming appts:
    have my ultrasound next Wednesday

How are you feeling?:
    A bit sick, finding it hard to eat. I’ve lost 4lbs so far this pregnancy 
    Rants/Raves:

Questions: none, not my first rodeo lol

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears)? A tornado