January 2020 Moms
Options

Weight Gain

Good morning All! I am now 13 weeks. My first 12 weeks I was miserable with morning sickness. I ate terribly because unhealthy food was the only thing I could stomach. I've gained 8 ibs. It feels like too much to have gained all ready. I'll be in maternity clothes this week! What about all of you? 

Re: Weight Gain

• Options
    I have the opposite issue. Between not eating a lot the first few weeks (apparently a diet of Cheerios, goldfish and Gatorade is not a ton of calories) and not having any alcohol (craft beer DOES have a lot of calories!) I actually lost 5 lbs. I’m at 13 weeks too and I’ve put on 3 or 4 lbs back on but I’m still below pre-pregnancy weight. My doctor says that’s ok though and I’ll be gaining weight soon enough. If it makes you feel better @mamabe20 I still had to go buy shorts a size or two bigger and those pant extender and belly band things. And there’s a few dresses for work that are already in the back of closet for hopefully next summer! 
  • Options
    I’ve been in maternity clothes for like a month. No reason to be uncomfortable! I wouldn’t be concerned with weight gain unless your dr is. You’re growing a human 🙂. 

Also, we discourage one off posts as it clogs up the board and we like to keep it organized. Please find the “read first board organization” thread to get an idea of how the board works. This would have been great in the symptoms thread or even in the Randoms. Feel free to join us on your due date check in and other threads so we can get to know you just better! Just click the thread you want and hit reply to post.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! This would be a great post for the questions thread at the top of the board. I will warn though, that I don’t think comparing weight loss quantities with actual numbers is a good idea. It can lead to hurt feelings really quickly and we all are starting from different points and have been given different guidelines. What seems like a lot to one person, another might have been feeling pretty good about. 

General “I am having trouble staying within my weight guidelines” stuff is great for questions, though!