December 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 7/19

anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
edited July 2019 in December 2019 Moms
as always, not guaranteed to be flame free.

Re: FFFC 7/19

• Options
    I had a work peer who knows I'm pregnant decide to start calling me mama. I corrected him every single time - my name is Andrea damnit! I know that in 5 mos I will be someone's mom, but I find that so annoying for someone else to call me that and it feels like my identity is being stripped. 
  • Options
    For context, we live with my in-laws, and my BIL also lives here in the basement apartment. It was designed for students, so there are 3 bedrooms which he obviously doesn't need, so my home office is also down there in one of the extra rooms. 

Apparently I'm crazy (according to another mom group I'm in) because I'm not vehemently opposed to the fact that my BIL is setting up an indoor archery range in the basement. Don't get me wrong, I think it's stupid to do it indoors because I think it will cause damage to the walls and stuff, but for some reason my MIL refuses to let him set it up outside in the yard in case an arrow goes over the fence or something. Whatever. 

Yes I understand that there's a pregnant woman and a toddler in the house, but the toddler is never in the basement (and if he manages to get himself through the door then I'm far more concerned about the stairs than the chance that BIL would just happen to be practicing then) and if I'm down there, it's not like it's in a place that I could accidentally walk into unknowingly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea Do you all live upstairs and he lives downstairs? Also, do you live in city limits? If that's the case I get why your MIL doesn't want it set up outside. I wouldn't call either of you crazy, but I am curious as to how she is ok with that being set up in her house with the potential damage it can cause. Not my house though
  • Options
    @ashorkey yes, that's basically the living arrangement. He does come upstairs to have dinner with us and sometimes just hang out and watch tv, but he does have his own kitchen and everything in the basement too. And yes we are in a very suburban neighbourhood. 

They are currently constructing what I understand is a fake wall essentially to act as a buffer between the target and the real wall, though I don't really know all the details of how that's going to work exactly. 
  • Options
    I'm more fascinated by the idea of a basement large enough to shoot an arrow through lol
  • Options
    I'm going to an after work "going away" party for a co-worker tonight...but I'm less interested in saying goodbye to this co-worker than I am interested in meeting the significant other of another co-worker/friend who will be there as well.  She's always super weird about her guys coming around and so the fact that she's bringing this one means it might be serious. I'm intrigued.
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    @bookworm492 lmao! Same! 
    @Stac928 give us the update after!

ughhhh we are road tripping back to pgh from Chicago (absolutely nightmare while preg) and I was dreading this, and it is just as bad as I imagined. We’re trying to save $$$ by using my husband’s work car for free to do simple road trips....but how am I supposed to stay hydrated AND not have to stop to pee every 15 mins? I seriously debated buying adult diapers this week 😂😂😂😂😂 
  • Options
    @ktmaesim my husband and I roadtripped from Chicago to Akron (my hometown) a few weeks ago.  I feel your pain.  It's not a fun drive.
  • Options
    ninrmsninrms member
    @ktmaesim If you figure this out, let me know!! We leave in a week on a 2-week long road trip, lol. We're going to be on several long stretches out west, and I have a feeling I'll be peeing on the side of some roads, lol...
  • Options
    @ktmaesim I really liked him!  Which is good because she’s awesome so I’m hoping she found someone good. And selfishly I hope meeting someone here means she’s more likely to stay (she’s from Florida). 

Everyone else wnet went out drinking after dinner. I bailed claiming old lady status. They promised to send pics to let me live vicariously lol 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    My 8 year old was up until about 1:30 last night, and passed out on the couch about an hour ago.  I told my 6 year old it was bed time about an hour early.  I am trying to decide if I should be productive and do some
    work, or binge eat, watch the office and go to sleep early. 
  • Options
    Update: I have literally no idea how to make raodtrips work and still try to stay hydrated, I tried not to drink as much water as usual but I think it still gave me some cramps :-( What's horrible is we have to drive home 3 more times this summer/fall...ugh I am DREADING IT. 
  • Options
    ninrmsninrms member
    My first FFFC -- I am a teacher on summer break, and while I have a list THISLONG of things I should be doing (house projects, prep for next schoolyear, baby stuff....), I have chosen instead to binge watch Criminal Minds. This is going to bite me in the ass!!