January 2020 Moms
Options

Fit Friday 7/19

Just a reminder, this thread is for everyone, not just those who work out regularly. This is a place to get ideas how to keep active, get help with nutrition, or just venting about how you couldn’t get off the couch this week.

How are you feeling this week?

How was your nutrition been this past week? Any good meal or snack ideas to share?

Any goals for next week?

Re: Fit Friday 7/19

• Options
    How are you feeling this week? This week nausea and fatigue came back with a vengeance. I was feeling better at 11 weeks than I am now.

How was your nutrition been this past week? Any good meal or snack ideas to share? I've been a yo-yo. Some days are really good, other days I had cake and ice cream for snack. My go-to good snack has been frozen strawberries (from this spring!) melted with a little bit of yogurt in it. Healthy sweet and protein!

Any goals for next week? Try to walk a few times, weather permitting. If I'm feeling up to it, ease back into my Beachbody workouts with some yoga.
  • Options
    @marebear15 Your frozen strawberry snack sounds amazing! I need to start freezing fruit, I used to always eat it as a kid!

How are you feeling this week? Super tired like crazy. Nausea getting better but not gone. My muscles just feel sore too when I exercise/fatigue much faster.

How was your nutrition been this past week? Better than past weeks, but still not super great. I’ve been able to handle more veggies and things I couldn’t before. I’ve also have been eating less crackers/bread. Any good meal or snack ideas to share? Nothing crazy here, just been loving on fruit smoothies that I can sneak in some greens/veggies since I’ve been struggling eating them.

Any goals for next week? I want to increase my number of strength based exercises next week by 1 or 2. I haven’t been doing as much as I’d like, but mostly because my job is very physical and I basically get exercise at work even though I’m not necessarily targeting the muscle groups I want to. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marebear15 that sounds delicious! And I’m right there with you on feeling worse this week. Ugh.  

How are you feeling this week? Worse instead of better. Which is frustrating. 

How was your nutrition been this past week? Any good meal or snack ideas to share? Well I had fast food for dinner twice. So not awesome. But I’m constantly craving fresh fruit so that’s a little better. 

Any goals for next week? I made it running once this week because DS slept through run group this morning. Next week I’d like to do two or three runs. I did manage to at least walk a mile every day so that’s progress 
  • Options
    @marebear15 definitely need some yogurt I think. With frozen strawberries sounds nice!

How are you feeling this week? Like others this week was not my finest. I got to work out once but that probably was part of my dehydration problem. I feel better after fluids but still taking it easy and trying to figure out appropriate limits.

How was your nutrition been this past week? Any good meal or snack ideas to share? I was eating healthier until I threw it all up and now am back to carby things to reduce nausea. My fav right now is a bagel with cream cheese. It's one of the only things that doesn't make nausea worse and watered down Gatorade to keep fluids up!

Any goals for next week? Not get dehydrated. Everything else is bonus!
  • Options
    @biolprof I have a half of bagel and cream cheese almost every day, they are the best right now!
  • Options
    I am feeling good this week with the exception of exhaustion. I’m also feeling the earliest twinges of pain and soreness in my bump and pelvic floor. 

I think my nutrition was fine. Mostly healthy food with sporadic tasty treats. Only one McFlurry. Yogurt with granola has been a great snack to keep around. 

Goal wise, I’m working on my July Apple Watch goal, which is to average 20 exercise minutes a day. I’m on track to complete this but without much wiggle room. I get 7 minutes a day going up and down the stairs and have been filling the gap with Zumba, jogging when it’s not too hot, and strength exercises. I’ve been getting the strength routines from an instagrammer named Dana Landgren who designs things with pregnancy and diastasis recti modifications. They’re accessible but still a great challenge!