January 2020 Moms
Options

TTGP Check-in w/o 7/18

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation. All TTGPers from other BMBs are welcome to participate!

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Check-in w/o 7/18

• Options
    What's going on this week? Babies can fit in a post it note. Do the sizes still stay about the same with twins? 🤔 I should probably look into this lol.

How far along are you? 13 weeks 1 day

Upcoming appointments? Tuesday for scan 

Cravings/Symptoms? I couldn’t touch chicken yesterday without gagging. I had the same issue with ds and it turned into not being able to eat it at all while I was pregnant. I’ll be interested to see if it progresses the same. Other than that still tired, although I have some more energy today. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Our a/c seems like it can’t keep up with this heat. It’s set on 74 and usually it’s pretty comfortable in the house. Yesterday indoor temp was reading 77 and a few days before that it was reading 80. Hopefully the a/c guy can’t mean to check it soon! 

Questions? Not right now. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 so I can eat fried chicken (like Chick-fil-A/Zaxbys. But I can’t stand chicken I’ve cooled myself. I’ve been trying to turn leftovers into chicken enchiladas for days and gag thinking about it 🙄 Hopefully your aversion ends!

What's going on this week? Baby is the size of a jalapeño 

How far along are you? 13 weeks

Upcoming appointments? Not for 3.5 weeks

Cravings/Symptoms? Nausea is suddenly getting worse instead of better which is frustrating. Hopefully it’s just a final hurrah before the second trimester brings relief. Hopefully. I don’t have any consistent cravings, but I’ll have super sudden and intense ones. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? MH has to work all weekend and I’m dreading it. DS has been a hellion and I need a break. I also desperately need to deep clean my house before we go on vacation. Lacking any motivation at all. 

Questions? So I have a soft structured carrier, and a Moby wrap. Do I want/need a ring sling too? I’m really liking how they look and I’ve found tutorials on how to sew my own. But how many carrier options are too many lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MrsJessS chik fil a is still edbile thankfully lol. Personally if you have a wrap I probably wouldn’t go with a ring sling too. I think they become uncomfortable fairly early on. Depending on who you ask, there are never enough carrier options. I do say all this but also have a tab open comparing different wraps so wtf do I know 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I figure if I add it to my fit list there’s only a 30% chance of it ever getting done anyways 😂😂😂
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 - Like @MrsJessS I can eat chicken that other people have prepared, but not stuff I have prepared. But that aversion is getting better at least. 

@MrsJessS - I avoided ring slings because they aren't completely hands free. All the guides I read said you still have to have one hand supporting 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Also, idk if you posted it here as well, but I totally giggled at your Facebook post. All I could think of was the meme "Feeling cute today, might pop my butt seam later." That dress was too cute to ruin! Do you think you can fix it?

What's going on this week? teeth and vocal cords are forming

How far along are you? 13w6d

Upcoming appointments? August 5th, two weeks from Monday

Cravings/Symptoms? Nausea, fatigue, dizziness, etc. I was feeling really tired so I decided to only take B6 without the Unisom yesterday. Bad, bad idea. I'll take my fatigue over nausea, thankyouverymuch.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I haven't seen much of DH lately because he comes home from work and immediately starts working on the addition. We passed the first two inspections for sewer and drains, and next up is pouring concrete when we get a nice window of no rain! DH is literally doing this out of his own money, working side jobs and then using that money to buy materials, so all the financial worries I've been having has really eased off.

Also, we are buying a truck! Like what? We just bought a RAV4 last year, so when I have the baby, that will be my car, and my little Corolla would be DH's main transportation. My brother conveniently wrecked his car and was looking for a new one, so we sold him ours, and now are looking for a cheap but reliable truck so DH can swing by Lowe's on his way home (as he does often).

Questions? not right now
  • Options
    Lurking because I'm creepy  :D

@kbrown2385 Good luck at your scan on Tuesday! I agree with the chicken comment. NOPE. Chik-fil-A will forever be approved though lol.

@MrsJessS Oh no! Hope you're able to feel better, stat! 

@marebear15 That's awesome that your addition passed the first two inspections! Hopefully you guys can get the concrete down soon! That's great YH is taking care of everything! Trucks are so nice to have! Are you looking into any specific ones? 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @brookert615 - You're welcome to lurk any time! DH hasn't said any particular makes/models, but right now he's just looking at mileage in our price range. We only have about $6-7k to work with, so that cuts out Toyota trucks, which is my favorite brand of vehicle. Just hoping to get something that's reliable and not terribly beat up!
  • Options
    @marebear15 hahaha it’s probably a two inch seam bust so I’m not sure. Worst case scenario I might save the top then put a new skirt on it! Or make it a tunic top? If I can save it as is it’ll be way too snug to wear until next summer for sure lol Also yay god a truck! MH wants one badly 

@brookert615 thank you so much. Today is way better so I’m feeling a little more optimistic 
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited July 2019
    @marebear15 DH is a mechanic and swears by Chevy trucks. He just got a really nice and reliable one that's older. As long as it gets a 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, or a 8.1 LS series engine! You can go a little higher mileage-wise because the engines are tanks and the parts are always easy to find thankfully lol. Not sure if that helps in any way! 

edit: clarification
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 - DH actually went with a Toyota! He had to compromise a little on the mileage, but he had his brother (a car mechanic) check it out and it's got a solid motor and no issues. We are a huge fan of Toyotas and now we have a Corolla, a RAV4, and a Tundra. The Corolla is being sold though.
  • Options
    @marebear15 Glad you were able to find a Toyota! Great news!!! It's always nice to know a mechanic lol.
    TW