January 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in w/o 7/17

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: If you had $5000 and an hour to shop, where would you go? 

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 7/17

• Options
    How many weeks are you? 13 weeks

Previous loss(es)? 6 losses. 12/13, 1/17, 11/17, 4/18, 9/18, 2/19

How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I’m actually doing well. From time
    to time little thoughts sneak in, but I am happy to say I have minimal anxiety. Granted that could change at any moment and I’m sure the closer I get to my next appt, the more I’ll start thinking the worst. Physically I thought I’d start feeling better but I’m almost feeling worse now. 

4. Any appointment updates? Ob and scan on the 23rd

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I feel like it just keeps getting hotter this week. For some reason ds’ playgroup decided playing at the pop fountains would be fun. Yes, fun for the kids. I’ll be sweating over in the corner.

6. Any milestones coming up? Surpassed all milestones. Hoping to continue to see adequate growth and beautiful heartbeats at the upcoming scan. 

7. GTKY: If you had $5000 and an hour to shop, where would you go? Target. Always Target.
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 16 weeks today!

2. Previous loss(es)? 9/18 & 3/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? emotionally much more positive and actually feel happy now with the good results. Physically some insomnia, and nausea is still here / dry heaving 

4. Any appointment updates? had the midwife yesterday and all was well! I need to now book my anatomy scan for the week of august 5th and my next midwife apt is on the 12th 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Raves: I've had terrible headaches and pain over the weekend and moved up my chiropractic appointment to last night, now I feel all better it's amazing. Usually each night I toss and turn from side to side since whatever side I lay on goes numb. After her treatment last night my hips didn't go numb at all when I slept, such a relief.

6. Any milestones coming up? passed milestones, looking forward to my next scan

7. GTKY: If you had $5000 and an hour to shop, where would you go? I haaaaaaate shopping, actually hate it. I'm the type of person if I need something I go in directly for what I need and run out. If I had to spend $5000 in one hour it would be online to buy airline tickets or a vacation package to go somewhere hahaha I have no problem spending that amount on a trip if I need to :P 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 It's interesting that it is getting hotter where you are. We are finally having a normal temperate summer. It's rained a few times and been lows in the mid sixties with highs in the low 80s. My dream summer! Also I'm with you on the feeling worse. I'm really over it!

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k I'm glad that chiropractor helped you. I've definitely had more hip and back pain already. I've been successful at rolling it out and stretching but I might need professional help soon!

How many weeks are you? 12wks 4days

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC 12/18 CP 4/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally starting to feel like this is for real! Physically, terrible. I started actually throwing up now and I don't like it. Shouldn't this phase be ending soon?!

4. Any appointment updates? Have my 16 week check in Aug 14

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? We finally got over the psychological hurdle and did the deed a couple of days ago. No spotting yay! DH was pretty nervous and kept asking all day. Poor guy.

6. Any milestones coming up? Every week is a milestone. Excited to get out of the first trimester soon!

7. GTKY: If you had $5000 and an hour to shop, where would you go? I'm probably with @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I would probably spend it online and buy new flooring for the house. I absolutely hate what we have but we don't have the funds to do it all right now... 
  • Options
    @biolprof we still have not passed that hurdle - literally have not DTD since the day of conception.  We are both too scared, especially with our history.  

1. How many weeks are you? 13+5 - almost second trimester!

2. Previous loss(es)? My son at 17 weeks 10/16

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I am doing remarkably well both emotionally and physically but my milestone is creeping up on me.  While I know that losing this baby at the same time is highly unlikely it doesn't stop that fear from being there.  I will be happy to get to 18 weeks, then viability.

4. Any appointment updates? Saw the OB today and heard that glorious heartbeat.  They have me coming in every 2 weeks for Doppler checks but offered me weekly if it makes me feel better.  I have declined for now but know I can always call and they will get me in same day if I am freaking out.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I am not a fan of the MFM I saw last week (he was the only one available in the timeframe for my scan) and he told me that nothing "should" happen with this baby so I should "just relax."  When I asked to have a 16 week US since I had them with my 2 previous pregnancies (and that is the scan where we discovered my son had passed last time) he said no because he thinks I'm fine.  I am not happy with his generic answers and let my OB know today.  He is going to discuss with the MFM director and said he is happy to do an US if they won't.  

6. Any milestones coming up?  Every day is a milestone, but 17 weeks is a biggie

7. GTKY: If you had $5000 and an hour to shop, where would you go? Target.  Or Costco.  Who am I kidding, Target for life. 

• Options
    @DalexRN I totally understand not feeling ready. I think it helped for us that we were well passed any previous losses and had a low risk for everything in our screen. It put us both more at ease. I hope you will feel better one you cross your threshold! 
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited July 2019
    @Kbrown2385, it's utterly miserable here. We won't be getting relief from the heat until probably October. Typical south Texas summer, but ugh. 

@biolprof, so sorry to be the bearer of bad news... My MS leveled off with my son between weeks 9 and 12, but came back around week 14 and NEVER... FREAKING... LEFT. On the upside, I had a net gain of 24lbs and went to my 2w post partum with 2lbs left to lose! 

1. How many weeks are you? 12w4d

2. Previous loss(es)?  1/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally  I was doing OK after my 12w on, but as the MFM approaches, I'm back in a panic. I think I am afraid of the big bad ultrasound machine. Double that with the scary Google statistics of being 42 and knocked up...Plus I've had to tell people, so I'm paranoid I jinxed my pregnancy. 

4. Any appointment updates? MFM for NIPT tomorrow, 7/19.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? My contract got extended to the end of the year... Yay! Which caused a wee bit of panic realizing if it's not extended again, or this company doesn't win it, I'll most likely be unemployed and/or uninsured when I give birth. On the upside, Murphy says this will be exactly what happens... And so everything will be perfectly fine with my pregnancy and with Porg. 

6. Any milestones coming up? My due date was Aug 2nd. I wasn't expecting it to impact me this way. It's hard to be pregnant and excited for this life, when I never really fully mourned the last one. 

7. GTKY: If you had $5000 and an hour to shop, where would you go? IKEA. A good IKEA, not the crappy excuse of one my city has. If you can walk an entire IKEA in 45m or less, it's too small 

Edit: According to the MFM, I have a healthy, normal, and very, very active baby in there. Measuring a couple of days ahead. She didn't appear to do an NT, but  she paid a lot of attention to that area. I figure if she'd seen some that worried her, she would have been more in depth. My thought is she does enough of these, that she can tell at a glance if it looks out of range. The NIPT can still come back badly, but... I'm relaxed. 
  • Options
    Sorry this is so late this week....

@DalexRN I’m glad you got to hear the heartbeat! Best sound in the world. But as for your MFM, that’s a real sh*t and insensitive attitude. Is there another doc you can request? I would push back. 

@biolprof Maybe someday in 2nd tri we will DTD again. In addition to nerves, I have just felt gross. 

1. How many weeks are you? 14w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? DD’s twin 2/17

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I miss DH. He’s on his annual golf trip with his best friends so I’ve been trying to hold down the fort. Physically the boobs are much heavier and more sore than 1st tri. The serious heat here (I hear ya @kbrown2385 ) is really affecting me, too. 

4. Any appointment updates? Next OB appt is 7/29. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? For those of you who have back pain, do you mostly feel it when laying down or when active? Trying to determine whether this low back pain that started yesterday at gym is more of an acute injury or probably stems mostly from pregnancy. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Getting normal NIPT was a big milestone. At this point, it will just be every appointment I can hear or see her and get the reassurance everything is still OK. 

7. GTKY: If you had $5000 and an hour to shop, where would you go?
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k had a great idea with booking it on flights and a hotel for someplace fantastic.