February 2020 Moms

TW Tuesday

Anyone bugging you lately?

TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: TW Tuesday

• edited July 2019
    My husband! I love that man but boy is he being dense lately. I told him that cleaning the bunnies cage and the cat litter box is triggering gut wrenching vomiting so I need him to help out. He effing keeps putting it off so then I just do it myself and he gets pissed because I can't be patient. Of course I can't, the animals can't be neglected just because it makes me puke to care for them. Also he got the bunnies while I was away with the kids, so why is it I am the sole care taker for the effing things HE decided to bring home?!
  • @sassypants2010 You're not supposed to be cleaning out the litter box if you're pregnant! Make him do it! 
    TW
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say one of my coworkers. She's always late, takes long breaks, leaves early and is just sub-par at her job. We found out she wasn't doing a lot of things correctly and I'm hoping her manager reprimands her and she starts shaping up... I guess time will tell though. 
    TW
  • @sassypants2010 I second the just say no to the litter box!  But I understand where you are coming from with not wanting to neglect the animals.

@brookert615 I hate how people like that seem to get away with it and never get caught.  FX karma catches up to her!

My TW is several of my neighbors that are still shooting off fireworks.  My dogs are not fans and even with Benedryl they still freak out.  PA just made them legal last year and they weren't this bad then but this year it has been horrible!  Plus there is no way they are setting them off far enough away from other houses and cars.  MH works out at a gym with a lot of other firefighter and a ton of police so I asked him to mention something to them.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• brookert615brookert615 member
    edited July 2019
    @celticknotfire I sent MULTIPLE emails with examples of her being useless so hopefully some good changes come even though she's going to know I totally called her out, but to be fair I also reprimanded her even though I'm a manager of another department but it holds no weight.. ALSO we are having the same issue with fireworks! It's super frustrating! We are in a very "tight" neighborhood in the South Hills and it's BAD. Like we aren't even allowed to have fires... not cool. Hopefully YH's gym friends are able to investigate! 

Edit: can't spell.
    TW
  • @brookert615 we have to live in city limits because of DH's job but we are a quiet tucked away neighborhood.  Most people don't even know we exist and I like it that way!  One night before the 4th someone a few streets away was shooting them off at 3 AM but the police were all over that.  I turned on my scanner app because I was half asleep and thought they were gun shots at first but nope just some idiots setting off fireworks. 
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @celticknotfire 3 am is not acceptable! Glad the cops were on that! Ugh why are people so inconsiderate!?
    TW
  • My neighbors like to shoot fireworks too and they do 630-930 usually which isn't unreasonable, BUT we live in row houses and about a year and half ago 4 of them burned down completely one row over. Yeah fireworks are illegal here and 10 feet from my front door is too close for comfort! Go to a fireworks display if you love fireworks so much or move to an area where they're not illegal (due to legit safety concerns). TW for sure anyone illegally shooting fireworks, especially right next to neighbors, and especially at garbage hours like 10pm-6am.
  • I took my 3 year old to the doctor for a weird rash on her feet on Thursday. They said it was viral and would go away without treatment. By Sunday the rash had taken over the bottoms of her feet and has started spreading to the top. They referred her to a dermatologist who said they will review the referral within 48 hours and if they don’t need any further information they will call us back to schedule an appointment. Their first available appointment is 8/1! She hasn’t slept very well in 3 days from this rash. So now I have no choice but to take her back to the pediatrician who will just make an educated guess 😩
  • @doodleoodle can you look for another dermatologist not in your hospital, but still covered by your insurance? Last year I had an issue, and the soonest my hospital-associated dermatology place could see me was SIX MONTHS from then?! The receptionist is the one who told me to look into a private practice because she was sure they would get me in sooner. Only had to wait 4 days!
  • @doodleoodle No! That's awful! Hope there's a resolution ASAP rather than waiting until 8/1! So ridiculous!
    TW
  • This is a private practice @daffodil_shoe  but now I’m definitely going to call around. At this point I don’t even care if it’s out of network. Her feet look awful. 
  • @doodleoodle that's horrible!  I would definitely be calling around because that's crazy.  You would think they could squeeze her in somewhere since it's not a routine appointment.
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited July 2019
    My H.  We got into a big discussion about money and equality in our house and he was so dismissive.  He straight up told me he goes to work, pays the bills, and I cook, clean, and care for the kids.  That would be fine and dandy if I was a SAHM, but I work full time and a crappy schedule to boot.  Not to mention my money goes all to the kids and student loans.  I told him that while he is the primary breadwinner, my earning capacity is limited by my schedule, and I save us a shit ton of money on daycare.  It’s infuriating me that he is limited in his ability to see my value and how I am expected to be a SAHM and work full time.  
  • @DDRRT1982 Ugh! I am so sorry!!! You're a rockstar for making things run smoothly! 
    TW
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @ddrrt1982 what the actual duck. That man would be sleeping in my basement until he wised up. This isn’t 1952 and you aren’t his hired help. Sorry girl.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @DDRRT1982 what?! I am a SAHM (I do work 8 hrs a week at my daughter’s preschool during the school year) and my H participates in keeping the house running smoothly and with taking care of the children. Nobody deserves that ish!
  • @DDRRT1982 thats not right! Three reasons why I couldn’t be a SAHM. (1) it’s too hard. I had a 14 week fully paid maternity leave with my first and I was begging to go back to work around week 10. I couldn’t handle it. (2) my husband and I don’t share money/bank accounts. We split all the bills 50/50. I couldn’t forgo my financial freedom (3) I know that people assume SAHM’s don’t “work” and that’s BS. It is freaking hard work! So I wouldn’t want to have to deal with people assuming I don’t work or that my husband “takes care” of me.

My TW today is (as always) the dudes that wear cologne and aftershave at the gym. WHY dudes? Just shower every now and then! No one wants to smell you while they work out! So gross! I shouldn’t be gagging IN THE POOL because I can smell you!!! 🤢🤢🤮
  • @cmd723-z YES! I totally agree with this one! We have some culprits at my gym. They always get so close! 
    TW
  • nhh11nhh11 member
    I know it’s no longer Tuesday but I have a random vent lol. This guy I know always posts photos of his dog on Instagram and the dog is alwayyyys drooling. Like big nasty drooling. I was just scrolling and came across a particularly bad photo of dog drool and almost gagged. He got muted. 😂