November 2019 Moms
Options

Placenta Close to Cervix

So, I had my 20 week sono last week and at first, I was told that my placenta looked really good. I was told that it was a 0 on a scale from a 0-4, 0 being the best.

Today, I got a call from my nurse that my doctor has put me on pelvic rest and that I am not to carry anything over 25 pounds until my next sono which has been scheduled for August 7th. 

I immediately started googling placenta previa and have scared myself into a full-blown panic attack. 

Has anyone else been told they have this issue and what was the outcome?

Re: Placenta Close to Cervix

• Options
    Yes, several of us including myself have been told we have a previa. Most women that have a low lying placenta or a previa at the midpoint of pregnancy do have the placenta move up as the pregnancy progresses and as the uterus grows. 

This might get more traction in our Question thread or the anatomy scan thread - we don't really do one off posts on this board. Many of us discussed our previa in the Anatomy scan thread, I think.
  • Options
    Okay, thank you. I didn’t see anything when I scrolled but I may have missed. So many pages. Thank you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Knottie22946972 I too have placenta previa (plancenta right next to the cervical os, but not covering it), and was told that there's a good chance it could migrate away as the pregnancy progressed.  Keeping my fingers crossed for that.  I got mixed messages re. pelvic rest — the doctor said it was a good idea, but my midwives said that it's probably still OK to have sex as long as it's not "head-banging" :lol:

By the way, you might want to update your screen name — right now you're Knottie+some really long string of numbers.  It will be easier to get to know & remember you if you have something a bit more personal.  Please see the "***Read First*** Board Organization" thread for instructions :smile:

• Options
    Hahaha @mimigarden I'm dying at head-banging sex.