October 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 7/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/15

• We spent most of the day yesterday at a surprise 40th birthday party for a family friend. It was catered with Brazilian BBQ, open bar and a DJ. But I spent most of the time sitting on the steps of the pool with DD while she splashed in the pool. Made me realize that I need to figure out a bathing suit option if we go to the beach or water park because my tankini top doesn’t fit. 

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • Loading the player...
  • @telicious2 Brazilian BBQ sounds delicious 😋 

We also had a 40th party recently and it was a catered cocktail dinatoire and it was delicious but small considering my pregnant lady appetite these days. 
  • I bought some more maternity shorts at Walmart on sale...they're short and they have functioning pockets!!!😍 I hate not having pockets, I've always carried everything I needed 😂 this week is nasty all week, heat index over 100 so we're just chilling inside. But DS had a fever last night and complained that his ear was hurting bad. He hasn't had an ear infection since his tonsils and adenoids came out in September so I'm realllllyy hoping it isn't another ear infection. He's done so good not getting them 😭

• @telicious2 and @geminigirl16 those BBQ's sound lovely!
    @steminist I've grown out of 2 tops before really being able to wear them. All of a sudden I feel like I'm getting bigger exponentially. And quickly.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @steminist I got some cute maternity leggings from motherhood maternity on Amazon with prime shipping. They're great for workouts or with tunics. I ended up buying 3 more pairs...
  • I bought some more maternity shorts at Walmart on sale...they're short and they have functioning pockets!!!😍 I hate not having pockets, I've always carried everything I needed 😂 this week is nasty all week, heat index over 100 so we're just chilling inside. But DS had a fever last night and complained that his ear was hurting bad. He hasn't had an ear infection since his tonsils and adenoids came out in September so I'm realllllyy hoping it isn't another ear infection. He's done so good not getting them 😭
    I really hope it's not that! hopefully it's just an irritation.
    I bought some super cheap $2 shirts from Walmart that were just regular shirts I bought in XL, I should have looked at the shorts!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @andromedacorrine2 Yay for that Walmart find! The maternity pants I bought 6.5 years ago came with real front pockets. But the pants I got recently from a friend don’t have real front pockets. Totally struck me as being odd. 

Also, how is your DS doing?

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • Man, makes me sad to see the board become quiet so quickly.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • Well yesterday he was good, said his ear still hurt but I dropped a little sweet oil in it and he seems perfect today! I was so worried. We went from an ear infection every couple months to none since the surgery. So fingers crossed it stays that way!!!

And almost all the maternity pants I bought used have no pockets, well back ones but I hate using back pockets 😭 the one pair that does I love but they don't stay up well at all😭

• Well yesterday he was good, said his ear still hurt but I dropped a little sweet oil in it and he seems perfect today! I was so worried. We went from an ear infection every couple months to none since the surgery. So fingers crossed it stays that way!!!

And almost all the maternity pants I bought used have no pockets, well back ones but I hate using back pockets 😭 the one pair that does I love but they don't stay up well at all😭
    The no pockets thing might be the most frustrating part of maternity pants
  • DS says these words that he makes up and his current one is "poo-ssy" (*ahem*vajayjay). I started saying please use a different word or don't say that, but no change. So for now I am trying to ignore it, but I cringe everytime I hear it.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • My kids have both picked bad words up from us 🙊 I reminded them constantly that's a mommy or daddy word, not a kiddo word. Now my son tells me when I say a bad word "we don't say that mommy!!!" Yes yes you're right we don't 😂

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @telicious2 I’m no prude, but that word makes me cringe every time. I just find that word to be super disgusting and diminishing
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I spent too much time stalking prime day deals that my browser took away the short cut to this board until this morning 🙈 I haven’t been able to get here because any time I try going the long way, I just get a blank screen 😪
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @cmbt2 I agree, SO used it all the time 😑 he knows I dislike it.

• @jcbh2018 glad the move is treating you well, poor kiddo bout the bee sting 😭 my kids have encountered those yet and I hope we dont cause there's allergies on my side. I start my 2 weeks next week 😱😱

• @andromedacorrine2
    Thank you.
    I know, I was sad for him. Even though he didn’t flinch or cry. Damn bee, got him right on his ear! I guess it was bound to happen. Especially now that he plays in my grandmas flower bed and digs in the mulch. Haha. 
  • @cmbt2 I know, it’s such an unappealing word. 

@jcbh2018 So happy your new home is going well!

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • @cmbt2 I'm glad I'm not the only one that's been having that problem. I finally had to just leave the page open in the back of my mobile browser because every time I click "Community" I get bupkiss.
    @jcbh2018 that's so nice that the move went smoothly and you guys are settling in so well. Ouch for DS on the bee sting on the ear. I don't know if I'd even be such a champ about that!
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @cmbt2 I seem to be able to get to one board at any given time. If I try jumping to any other board my app freezes. Then when I’m really lucky it logs me out completely 😡

@telicious2 LMAO I’m NOT prude at all but how the hell did he learn that word?! I’d die if my kids said that. And they said many a bad word thanks to my slip ups 🤪

@jcbh2018 I’m glad you’re getting settled in. Moving across states pretty much sucks, and I’ve never done it with children. Re: the hospital reviews, I found that a lot of reviews on hospitals are people bitching about ER wait times or older people that are admitted for longer periods of time. Usually if you can even find any of the maternity floor reviews they seem to be better. Hopefully that’s what’s going on with yours 💜
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @perfectlove09 I have no idea! He is in a phase/habit right now to use baby talk or make up words (since DD is talking more, but not fully clear yet). I dont think it is a word he has heard. Before this he would constantly say for no reason "poopy" so maybe it's just a variation.

@jcbh2018 Do you think you will tour both maternity wards of the hospitals? That is what I would do in order to make my decision.

Last night DH had an early softball game and since the weather was low 70s the kids and I tagged along and went to the park at the field. One of the streets we would turn onto had stand still traffic so we went straight and turned to go the back way. We came upon a crowd of people standing on both sides. It then dawned on me that Chris Evans (Capt America) was filming at the pizza place for his new tv series! I joked and said to DH "Hey kids lets go stand in a group of people for an undetermined amount of time in hopes to catch a glimpse of "Capt America" instead of going to the park.  :D

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • I was checking reviews on “City Vs. General” L&D 
    and I didn’t really read anything that seemed alarming or would steer me away from City. The “Midwife” I’m with only delivers at City. So, I dunno. I talked to my SO about doing a tour of City. He didn’t really have much input, besides saying “do what you feel comfortable with”. He’s not comfortable with her being a midwife. But, he knows and understands that it’s what I’M comfortable with. 
  • @telicious2 I’m not one to get star struck but I might be willing to wait to see Chris Evans 😉
  • @jcbh2018 Out of curiosity, why are you more comfortable with a midwife vs an OB? Are you hoping for a more intervention-free birth? I'm always interested in how other moms approach the process! (Also, I am terrible at remembering these sorts of things when SNs are involved, so sorry if you already shared and I forgot!)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • steminist said:
    @jcbh2018 Out of curiosity, why are you more comfortable with a midwife vs an OB? Are you hoping for a more intervention-free birth? I'm always interested in how other moms approach the process! (Also, I am terrible at remembering these sorts of things when SNs are involved, so sorry if you already shared and I forgot!)
    I’m more comfortable with an OB. Only for two factors.. OB’s can preform surgery (if needed) and they deliver you. With a midwife, any midwife from that practice can deliver me, so, with my next appointment, I’ll be meeting a new midwife and so on. So, if I gain a relationship with one, she might not deliver me. Which kinda sucks. Plus, if I’m doing my calculations right, I have 9 visits left (if I hit full term). So, that’s 9 visits to meet all the midwives and gain somewhat of a relationship with. I guess I can only say a few positive things about them being nurse practitioners, they can basically do anything besides surgery and they do “deliver” in hospitals. 
  • mrsinterwebmrsinterweb member
    edited July 2019
    @jcbh2018 we had a wonderful birth experience with a midwife group that operates the same way. I would go through them again in a heartbeat if it weren’t for additional risk factors I have this pregnancy. My OBs office operates the same as well where who knows who will be on/available during delivery so it’s not much different in that regard. Sometimes I wish had more of a dedicated relationship with my provider, but it is a really busy hospital-based practice so I get it. As for choosing the hospital, I wouldn’t give much weight to reviews, but may be worth touring both and asking questions about their statistics (such as c-section rates, etc) to help you feel better about your decision.

ETA glad to hear you are settling in well after the big move!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @jcbh2018 Gotcha. Sorry, I read the end of your comment as your DH wasn't comfortable with the midwife, but it was what you wanted. I will say that an OB is no guarantee they'll be your delivery doc either, though. Starting this next visit, I'm cycling through the PA and the 6-8 OBs in my practice in case one of them ends up being on call when I deliver. I really hope whatever you go with makes you feel comfortable and confident in the process!
  • It’s not really what I wanted. She was provided through my insurance. I was in a rush to find someone before my 25th week. My original OB was worried that I wouldn’t be seen, being so far along. I guess you can say I was spoiled with having the OB I had. He was the only OB for his practice, so I grew a huge relationship with him, since he was my OB-Delivery Dr. with my first child and more than half with my current. 
    I could call my insurance about being covered at the other hospital, but other than that, she only delivers at City. Anyways, I’ll figure it out. 

• Good luck @jcbh2018 😊 I’m sure what ever you choose you’ll be fine. It’s stressful enough moving, let alone finding a new delivery support person. Luckily you know that they’ve likely delivered hundreds of babies 💜

I’ve been going to the same OB for all 3 now so I am glad I know them. 2 of the original 5 have retired and they were replaced by a new OB (male which they didn’t have before - I don’t care) and a NP. I think I just need to meet the NP now. 2 drs are still there that delivered my other two girls. I think I’m pretty comfortable with them both. It’s so hard to know. I feel like with #2 she may have...lightly striped my membranes or stretched me during my check in at the hospital. It’s a really long story but that’s still in the back of my mind. 
    Dr #1 was a new BS dr and I like her but wish I would have been given more advise on switching to hands and knees since DD wasn’t getting out. Ended up with an episiotomy but even the moment she did it I remember her saying “I’m so sorry” 
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Does anyone have any tips on how to roll over in bed and not be in a ton of pelvis pain? Getting kinda tired of no sleep 😭
  • Idk if this will help you but I have to push myself up to sitting and then roll over to the other side...it’s so odd
  • @sarahnugget2 It's not perfectly painless, but try to keep a pillow between your knees (in case you aren't already) and pull your knees up together a bit towards your chest as you roll. That way, the motion is mostly happening on your back and won't pull on hip around faster than the other.
  • Ou thank you ladies! I will try both tonight 😁
  • Pillow all the way, oh the pain is awful 😭😭