March 2020 Moms

STM+ Discussion - 7/15

EDD/Weeks + Days:

How old is/are your other kid(s)?

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family?

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family?

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)?

*Formerly LuND*
Me: 35 | DH: 37
TTC: 7/2016
Low AMH, mild MFI
BFP 7/29/17
EDD: 4/5/18
<3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
BFP #2 7/2/19
EDD 3/13/20

Re: STM+ Discussion - 7/15

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 3/19? i’m really not sure. But 4-4.5 wks best guess. 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? Almost 15 mo old boy, Jack

How is your kid doing? Just fantastic. We are on vacation right now and he is screaming bloody murder in his crib instead of napping.  :#

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your family? Jack having a built in friend (I was an only child...whomp)

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Not being able to give either kid all my attention.

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy? It’s so early so I’m not sure. Didn’t have sore boobs this time but that’s prob bc I’m still breastfeeding. My only symptom is being tired. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• EDD/Weeks + Days: Not sure - I'm guessing 5-6 weeks.

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS1 will be 4 the end of this month, DS2 is 21 months.

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? They're good!  We haven't really shared the news with them because I suspect DS1 would randomly blurt it out to people before we are ready to share.  We have asked DS1 before if he'd want another brother or sister and he said yes.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family?  I love seeing them develop their own personalities.  Seeing them play with each other and being able to share life's moments with them.  

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family?  Being outnumbered by our kids.  DH and I split bedtime routine - we each take a kid and put them to sleep.  Adding a third is going to make things a whole lot more crazy.  I've heard that 3 kids is the hardest number of kids to parent lol.  Not sure how true it is but it makes me anxious!

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? I'm having a lot of nipple sensitivity, especially with breastfeeding, which I had when I was still BFing DS1 while pregnant with DS2.  DS1 ended up weaning while I was pregnant due to the changes in my milk (after much frustration and biting which was bad times for me.)  Curious to see if DS2 will also wean - he still very much likes his milk.  I'm also starting to get a bit queasy when my stomach is empty, but still pretty early.  With both DS1 and DS2 I had big food aversions and lots of queasiness, but never puking - praying for at least the same with this one.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @kailanae I’m wondering if DS will self-wean too. I nurse him to sleep (naps, bedtime, and wake ups). Not sure how bedtime and naptime will go if he doesn’t have a boob to lull him to sleep though. It would be nice if my husband could put Jack to sleep. 

• @silverhope I also do the same with DS2.  The boob is a major crutch for sleep.  He sleeps in bed with us at night and nurses several times through the night.  We were the same way with DS1 when I was pregnant with DS2, and weaning went surprisingly well - he just didn't want it anymore.  Though it did make MotN wakeups harder at times to get him back to sleep than when I could just BF him.  The exercise ball became a bigger part of nighttime soothing for a while until he eventually got better at sleeping through the night.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 3/20, 4w3d
    How old is/are your other kid(s)? M (daughter) is 3, almost 3.5
    How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Great! Clueless about what's to come. I'm a teacher on summer break so I'm trying to soak up this last bit of quality one-on-one time with my baby. Lots of trips to the pool, zoo, children's museum, etc.
    What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? Baby snuggles! Seeing M as a big sister. Feeling really complete as a family.
    What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Basically everything. M didn't STTN for 2 years. She BFed for 23 months. I didn't go back to the gym until M was 2.5 because, as a working mom, I felt I always needed to be with her when I wasn't working and didn't want to "indulge" in exercise time. It was just a lot on my physical and mental health.
    So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? So far I'm a lot more chill. I'm eating a lot of the things I considered "off limits" the first time around (smoked salmon, deli meat, salad, coffee). I'm exercising. Last time I got afraid of working myself too hard and basically just switched to walking right away. Right now I'm still running and lifting weights. I'm feeling pretty good but if I recall, I didn't start getting MS until 5 weeks, so that could be coming in the next week or so.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 5+3

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 15 months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Oooofffff, I know I've been more irritable and less patient lately, but he's been extra clingy and a little volatile. It's almost like he's a toddler or something LOL. 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? Having a new baby to snuggle, savoring this last pregnancy and our last baby, giving DS a sibling. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? um, everything. Especially since DS has been having a rough couple of weeks, I keep wondering how I'm going to handle a newborn AND a toddler. And I'm nervous about how DS will react. 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? I feel like I have less symptoms. Last pregnancies I feel like I had a little more nausea, lots more food aversions, sore boobs, more peeing (if that's possible).... but maybe I was just more aware since I didn't have a toddler to chase around. 

@silverhope I'm still breastfeeding and don't have sore boobs (unless DS bites me), so I'd say that's definitely a symptom! 

@kailanae I’m wondering if DS will self-wean too. I nurse him to sleep (naps, bedtime, and wake ups). Not sure how bedtime and naptime will go if he doesn’t have a boob to lull him to sleep though. It would be nice if my husband could put Jack to sleep. 
    Big fat DITTO to the bolded! 

kailanae said:
    @silverhope I also do the same with DS2.  The boob is a major crutch for sleep.  He sleeps in bed with us at night and nurses several times through the night.  We were the same way with DS1 when I was pregnant with DS2, and weaning went surprisingly well - he just didn't want it anymore.  Though it did make MotN wakeups harder at times to get him back to sleep than when I could just BF him.  The exercise ball became a bigger part of nighttime soothing for a while until he eventually got better at sleeping through the night.
    I can only hope it goes this well for us with DS! And, I spent a full 3 months bouncing on a ball with DS, so I hope that it doesn't come back into our routine too much (although it was great for weight loss lol). 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• EDD/Weeks + Days:  6 + 3

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD, 12, and DS, 3 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? DD is going to be 13 soon, and it shows - she is in that "I don't want to listen" teen phase.  DS is very clingy and demanding lately.  Not sure if he 'senses' something is up. 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? Hoping DS will have a sibling he can play/fight/commiserate with. Since DD and DS are 9 and a half years apart, DD basically grew up as an only child - and I can see that has affected her in terms of loneliness.  

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? I know DD isn't stoked about the idea of another sibling at this point - especially since she helps out with DS already and she knows he can be a handful!  I'm not sure how DS will react, I'm hoping it's positively.  I am nervous about being outnumbered and having my hands full! Not to mention my finances.. 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? So far this pregnancy feels similar to my pregnancy with DS - sore boobs early on, then frequent fatigue/nausea hitting at 6 weeks.  With DD, I was lucky enough to have infrequent nausea.
  • @kailanae the exercise ball! Ha. We haven’t used that in months. We should totally bust that back out; I am glad you reminded me of its soothing powers  :D

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 3w5d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 8, DD is 5, DD2 is 2. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? They’re enjoying their last stretch of summer break. They go back to school in 3ish weeks and my baby starts preschool! 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? Baby snuggles! The newborn stage is my favorite. I can’t wait to see my kids interact with a new sibling. They were great with DD2 and there’s nothing quite like the moment they meet the new baby. All the feels. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? 4 kids is a lot. I’m worried about how I’ll divide my time and attention between them all. It’s really important to me that I spend some quality one on one time with each of them. I’m also getting a little emotional already about DD2 not being the baby anymore. 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? It’s still too early for any real symptoms. My last 3 pregnancies were pretty similar. The pelvic pain was off the charts last time and the nausea was a little more intense. 
  • @mommytimesfour the newborn phase was my last favorite last time, but I think that was mostly fear and hormones. I hope I can enjoy it more this time bc you are right that baby snuggles are the best!

• @silverhope with my first, the newborn stage was kind of miserable, to be honest. With each baby it’s gotten less scary and you learn to enjoy it even when you’re exhausted because you know just how fast it goes!
  • @silverhope @mommytimesfour I wasn't a fan of the newborn phase with my first, but I think that had a lot to do with the learning curve of a FTM. And I definitely had some PPD/PPA. I'm hoping I can enjoy it more this time!

@silverhope We used the exercise ball way too much with DS! It was quite literally the only thing that would keep him happy and I don't think I stopped bouncing him for 3 solid months. Of course DH couldn't bounce him because of a severe back injury. So I'm kinda hoping that #2 doesn't have an affinity for bouncing like DS did!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @silverhope @mommytimesfour @stassischroeder Glad to hear I’m not the only one who struggled with a newborn! I loved parts of it but sometimes it was just really rough. Especially after the “honeymoon” was over and the purple crying and bajillion wake ups a night intensified. I’m hoping being prepared for it will help this time, and I also want to start seeing a therapist late in my pregnancy because I’m pretty sure I had some PPD/PPA last time.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 7 + 0

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS1 is 12, DS2 is 10, DS3 is 4

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? The older two are home for summer break and driving me up the wall on the daily. The youngest has turned into a dictator of a small country while I wasn't looking. None of them know yet so I'm hiding prenatals and baby books and magazines like it's Easter.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? That the 3rd will have someone close in age to him.

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? That the oldest will have nothing in common with this kiddo because he's so much older.

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? It's actually been really different. The other three I spotted constantly from beginning to about 16 weeks. This one has had no spotting and I'm also far less nauseated than I usually am. Normally I can't function or get out of bed but this time I'm still working and doing the things that need to be done.
    | DH 29 - Me 26 - Married 2007 | 2 Kids - 2 Fur Babies | Baby #3 Due July 2015 |

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mommytimesfour Yay! A fellow soon to be mom of 4!!!
    | DH 29 - Me 26 - Married 2007 | 2 Kids - 2 Fur Babies | Baby #3 Due July 2015 |

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lilly1096 I’m equal parts excited and terrified! 
  • mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited July 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 3.13/5w4d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? Almost 23 months 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He's amazing! He'll be two next month, and although we can see glimpses of the "terrible twos," he has such a personality and is so much fun right now.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? I'm excited to feel a baby moving inside of me again! Seeing DS as a big brother and I think I'll be happy with their 2.5 year age gap. We're thinking this could be our last, so I wonder if we'll feel more "complete" with two LOs. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Like @kantobean@silverhope @mommytimesfour @stassischroeder I didn't love the NB phase. We lucked out with a good baby, and it was still really tough, so I'm nervous that the second one will give us trouble.

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? I've had more nausea so far, although it's pretty mild. I'm thinking that it's also because I'm sleeping less than I was before and chasing a toddler around. My boobs don't seem as sore as the first time. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • projectaliceprojectalice member
    edited July 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 3/18/2020 4 weeks, 6 days

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 3

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Fine for the most part, recovering from a mild case of hand foot and mouth disease 😣

What are you looking forward to regarding adding to your family? Having an actual bump, then feeling a baby move. Reassurance everything is ok I guess. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Juggling 2 children, most of the time by myself. Worried that this baby won't be as easy as my son, and I will hate my life and not get any sleep ever. 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? About the same as with my son so far. I didn't feel any different or get morning sickness until about 6 weeks with him. So we will see. 
  • @projectalice I also worry I will hate life and never sleep. Babies are tough and part of me is legitimately afraid that I can’t do it again. The first one was tough enough, and now I’ll have a 4 yo to worry about (I also have a 3 yo, she’ll be 4 in Feb). 
  • @projectalice @kantobean I find it so strange that I can be thrilled about being KU and adding to our family, and at the same time be terrified. Like you said, the first time was tough enough, and now it'll be even tougher because we're dealing with existing kids on top of a newborn. I just keep telling myself that I'll figure it out, and that the really hard parts of having a newborn won't last forever. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Not gonna lie, I will probably have my mom come visit for a bit after birth.... I will need a little help adjusting. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:
    5+5

She's good. We're on the waiting list to have her ASD screening done this fall. I'm nervous, but also excited to get her the support she needs. 

I am excited to have DD have a sibling and add another person to our unit.

DD's possible diagnosis of ASD, because of the extra support she'll need. I'm also worried about literally all the things. Trying to focus on the positive though.

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)?
    Less nausea, more exhaustion!
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese do you mind me asking what prompted you to ask for an ASD screening? And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has less nausea but more exhaustion!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• edited July 2019
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese do you mind me asking what prompted you to ask for an ASD screening? And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has less nausea but more exhaustion!
    I don't mind at all! M has been in early intervention services since she was three months old, because of her vision. She has albinism, and is legally blind. Because of this, her development in general is tracked pretty closely. They suggested to go through with screening based on her MCHAT scores at both her 18-month and two-year pediatrician appointments being high. Some of the the "symptoms" she has can easily be attributed to her vision (not making eye contact, not pointing to things across the room, etc.) but others (sensory and social issues, not responding to her name, etc.) can't.

ETA - we didn't ask for it, it was suggested to us. :)
  • Really, really wishing DD still napped at home. She still sometimes naps at daycare I think (she’s going 2 days a week in the summer so I can get some work done) but never home. I’m wiped!
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese Now i feel dumb because I remember you talking about her and her vision. She sounds like such an amazing little girl either way, and I'm glad your care team is so proactive!

@kantobean DS is at the 2 to 1 nap transition stage. Some days he takes one longer nap, and the stretch from nap to bed time gets sooooooooo long. I may die if he stops napping completely during this pregnancy. LSS - my heart goes out to you!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• EDD/Weeks + Days: March 12th, 5 weeks + 5 days

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD is 3.75 years old and DS is almost 19 months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? They are amazing. I mean did DD wait until 10 PM to go to sleep last night? Yes. But they are great and so much fun, and I can’t wait to leave work and go home to hug them.

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? Since I had DD (literally since 10 seconds after she was born), I KNEW I wanted three babies. I have two brothers, and growing up with three of us was SO. MUCH. FUN. I want that. I also love seeing DD with babies, and will just about lose it seeing DS as a big brother (he’s VERY cute---I’m tots not biased). Also a baby. Bringing him/her into the world, holding that baby for the first time, breastfeeding, those first delirious nights. I want it all. I love it all and so so badly want to experience it again.

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? DH travels for work (a lot). I know I CAN handle three kids, but if he has to travel in the first six months, well, I’m going to be tired haha. Also, FT day care for this one plus preschool for DD and part time daycare for DS ($$$$$$$$$)

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? Ugh. I think it is too early to say. I was VERY sick with DS at 6 weeks and it started creeping in around this point… I think I get slight hints of it now but nothing major. If that doesn’t ramp up in the next week or so, then it’s very different…

@kailanae We’ll be outnumbered too! I’m SO curious how that will go now and when they are teens!

@kantobean I always tell myself that working out (running specifically) makes me a better mom. It’s usually at most 60 minutes a day, and that is more or less my only me time… so for whatever reason, I don’t feel guilty about it. I’m still running too and think it is great that you are!!!

@stassischroeder You’ll kill it mothering a toddler and a newborn. I freaking loved it.

@mommytimesfour I am only having my third, but I feel you on the dividing your time issue. I find this especially critical to be cognizant of when you have a true newborn… who literally needs your attention around the clock. We did SUCH a good job of making sure DD still got tons of attention and, frankly, I think our maternity and paternity leave was so fun for her… so hoping we can maintain the same transition for them this time!

@projectalice Glad you are recovering!

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• EDD/Weeks + Days:
    March 25th I'm guessing 😂 like 4 weeks.

DS is going to be 3 in September.

He's perfect. Literally the perfect child. Scared to see how this one will be.

I can't wait for holidays. Matching Christmas sweaters, coordinated Halloween costumes the whole bit.

Like others mentioned I'm concerned about giving enough attention to both kids.

Well it was planned so already that's different 😂
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited July 2019
    @EmilyLove25 I too am concerned about $$$! Daycare is already killing us with one. Somehow I neglected to include that, even though it's my top concern.  :#
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 3/1   7+3

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 9 and 2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? They’re fine. DD(9) is really excited about another sibling. DS has no idea what’s going on but he loves babies so I’m excited to see him take on the role of big brother! 

What are you looking forward regarding adding to your family? Having a little friend for DS will be really cool. DD was an only child for so long that I think she doesn’t have the close-ness to her brother. 

What concerns do you have regarding adding to your family? Having three kids. What?! This pregnancy wasn’t planned (fairly certain it was an immaculate conception), and although we had toyed around with the idea of a third I wasn’t quite there yet. Being outnumbered by our kids is a little scary. 

So far, is this pregnancy the same or different from your previous pregnancy(ies)? Much more similar to DD at this point. I was already seriously sick at this point with DS. 
  • I figured this would be the best spot for this discussion...

Daycare moms, how often has your rate increased? We just found out yesterday that our rate is going up, when we thought we were about to save money with DS going into the two-year-old room. It would've been nice to know this before we bought a new car a few weeks ago.  :# I'm annoyed and we may do some daycare shopping to find something more affordable. 
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @MrsVp614 it’s so frustrating! Ours goes up basically every year. Each time I expect to save money when DD moves up to a new room, but we’ve basically paid the same amount since she started. 

As an infant it was $1,025/month, and now we pay $975 a month for preschool! Ugh. Infants are like $1200 a month now so I’m not looking forward to that!
  • Hi!!

EDD/Weeks + Days:
     Maybe 5 weeks?

8, 7, and 4 😬 i cant believe im having our 4th baby, not gonna lie, im freaking out a little.

They are good, i have told anyone yet. I found out today

We have always wanted a large family and just recently decided to add another one to the bunch, but i really didnt think it would happen at all. 

4 kids is a lot of kids 😳

Really too early to tell for me.