Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre?

Re: All group check in 7/15

• EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov4/24 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): bump just sent me a message that it’s a cantaloupe! That seems so big! 

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: 7/17 for 1hr glucose and 24 week visit

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): feeling good for the most part. My wrists are slightly swollen which freaks me out even though it’s super minor, going to mention it at my appointment necessary even though I’m sure it’s fine

Rants/Raves: rave-celebrating viability day today!! Woot woot! Rant- I was planning to do a second coat of stain on my deck yesterday with DH but Home Depot stopped carrying the color we used on the first coat so now we have to order it and didn’t get to take advantage of the break in rain we finally had ugh. 

Questions: nursery chairs?? Anyone have good recommendations that aren’t insanely expensive?

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre? Country 
  • BNBTBNBT member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/6;  23+6

Baby is the size of a(n): a waffle iron apparently!

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: 8/5 for a regular checkup and 1 hr glucose test

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): tired, very tired. I've been tired a lot more this time around but I think I overdid it yesterday coming back from vacation and trying to get prepped for the work week. 

Rants/Raves: Rave - vacation was great and DD had so much fun. That always makes my heart burst  <3 Rant - vacation is over and back to work  :( along with fatigue and a killer backache.

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre? Country
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 22+3

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut I think

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: Still waiting on a call from MFM for my level 2 u/s, next OB appt 8/6

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): pretty good. Exhaustion is back which has been fun.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: I feel like I just cant get enough sleep these days. I feel like I'm always tired now. Its hitting earlier than I remember last time.

Rave: I'm taking DS to the pool today and I'm looking forward it. 

Questions: no

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre? I like a little hit of everything, but listen to pop, country and Christian the most.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:  Nov 10/ 23w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: it's a boy!

Upcoming Appointments: 08/08 for glucose test and a tour of the birth centre!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I'm feeling great! Tonnes of energy. Swollen ankles and some pretty drastic mood swings, but those just make me laugh. I'm craving things like ice cream and mac and cheese, so I'm trying to eat yogurt and low-fat cheese instead (though it's not actually working...)

Rants/Raves: Rave - finally moving things out of the future nursery! Aiming to do a reno over August long weekend 🤞 Rant - my dogs hate the rain and refuse to go outside if it's too wet. These past few days it's been SO wet and my little dog has had multiple accidents in the house. I welcome all tips for getting old dogs to change haha

Questions: Has anyone chosen a birth centre over a hospital birth? The smell of the hospital gives me anxiety, but it's my first baby and I know how fast things can go wrong' so I don't want to be far from a doctor.

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre? 80s/90s pop! And also folk/bluegrass. 🤷
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 24+1, 11/3

Baby is the size of a(n): half a baguette

Upcoming Appointments: nothing until early August for glucose test and regular 28w appointment. Moving to every 2 week appointments after that!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): baby girl seemed to have had a quiet weekend, maybe because I did a lot of moving around, but she's beating me up this morning, so that's nice. Other than that I feel huge and exhausted, mainly. 

Rants/Raves: We have a ton of onesies that are still fine leftover from DS so I feel better that I at least sorted through them. Need to do some more laundry and folding this week at some point. 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre? old school country

@alaluap I wish I had advice for you with your dog, but my old guys is exactly the same way, especially when its raining.. he just will not go outside. 

@gumby22c have fun at the pool! I'm also exhausted all the time, I feel like I already have no energy for today and its not even 11 here. 

@BNBT hope the first day back to work isn't tooooo bad!

@kopp5988 Happy viability day! I'm counting down to third tri now over here. I originally wanted a glider but I ended up with a rocking chair so that was much cheaper. Honestly I barely nursed down there in the nursery at all, others may have but for me I mainly nursed upstairs in the living room or in my bedroom. We used the rocker for stories, soothing etc but DS preferred bounce and walk. I don't find the rocker uncomfortable, and it has cushions, but if you're planning on using the chair more often you might find it less comfortable than  a glider. We just got a rocker from cracker barrel, lol.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov 8th / 23w + 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3rd Time

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Team Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: 25th for a Heartbeat Check and then that night we are doing our hospital tour and CPR class.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling tired - All the time.  No matter how much or little I sleep I am constantly drained these days.  Otherwise feeling okay.

Rants/Raves: Rave - My mudroom construction is finally underway!!! Once it finishes I can relocate my guest room and start the nursery which I think will help my nerves and get all the random baby stuff I have been pulling out of storage out of my living room.

Questions: None ATM

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre?  Broadway...that is totally a genre right?

@kopp5988 - I got a rocking chair for cheap at a tag sale and then splurged on some super comfortable cushions that cover the whole thing.  It is so comfortable and while I don't typically nurse there during the first 6 months.  Once baby moves to the crib that is my primary nursing spot through 18 months for the late night wake ups.  In fact, I just (she is almost 2) removed it from my daughter's room last week because she has stopped waking up at night and she uses it as a toy rather than our comfort spot.
  • @Dancer688 that’s super exciting about construction!   We renovated or whole house last summer-this Spring, but we still have one bedroom left to do floors and Sheetrock.  That room will be my son’s room, and his room will be a nursery again so I have to wait until October or so for it to be finished and to start decorating.  I can’t wait to get settled too!

@kopp5988 I found our chair on Wayfair for around $300.  It’s upholstered and is a swivel glider which I love.  We still use it to rock my almost 3yo son to sleep for naps and to read in at nighttime, so we’ve definitely gotten a lot of use out of it.  My only gripe is that the back is not high enough to rest my head on which was annoying when he was still nursing, so keep that in mind!  I hope to get another similar chair for this baby, since he’ll be using this one still.  

EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/28, 20w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: regular appt next week

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): tons of BH the last few days, and very easily dehydrated which has not been easy to keep on top of, but I’m doing my best!  Feeling lots of movement too, so that’s fun.  I definitely feel 30 weeks pregnant, not 20, especially after dancing all night at a wedding Saturday!

Rants/Raves: I was in my friends wedding this weekend, which was a blast, but there was a mix up with the limo and it left the venue when it was suppose to be driving us from pictures to the ceremony.  So, in 90 degree heat the bridesmaids trekked across the property for half a mile in heels and long dresses, the waddle was out in full force 😂. I’m just lucky I didn’t cry, I was trying stay positive in the moment, but that sucked!

Questions: any favorite electrolyte drinks?  I’ve been curious about the powders I’ve seen at Whole Foods.  

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre? Rock and reggae 
  • JBos82JBos82 member
    Weeks + Days: 22w6d

Baby is the size of a grapefruit.

3rd time mom

Team pink! Emersyn Mae!

Appointments: 7/11 OB, 7/18 second anatomy scan

Feeling: Pretty sure I’ve been having BH contractions so I’m not having a fun time.

Rant/rave: Husband was being stingy about letting me use the Amazon card to get our Halo bassinet, but my rave is that I still got it with a Prime Day deal! Yay!

Questions: Whyyyyyyyyy are BH so stupid and uncomfortable??? Waaaaahhhh!!!!

GTKY: Favorite music: Rock. I never change the channel from The Spectrum on Sirius.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mc0303mc0303 member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 23w + 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit...mmm... that sounds yummy 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: I'm having a boy!

Upcoming Appointments: July 26th for a regular 24w...

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): like other peeps, I'm tiiired. No matter how much sleep I get, I could still go for additional naps. Part of my sleep problem is that the baby seems to be most active right when I lie down -_- The other night, he was tapping like a bongo drum. I love it, but I wish I could sleep. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I love this LO more and more each day and cannot wait to meet him!!! 

Questions: None at the moment

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre? 2000s r&b and hip-hop  B)

@kopp5988 congrats on viability milestone!! I can't believe how fast everything is going!! I was also shocked at how expensive the chairs were. I sat in a few at Buy Buy Baby and realized super quickly that I'd want a glider...personal preference. But the one that I liked was $500 - um no thanks. 
    @rogro118 - I'm sweating just thinking about doing that walk in the heat...in heels...while waddling lol

• blg116blg116 member
    EDD/Weeks + Days:
    22+3, November 15

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    I think it said coconut

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    First timer

Blue

Upcoming Appointments:
    Checkup on the 30th. 

I had some really bad back pain yesterday. Oh my GOD I have never felt pain like that. But it went away when I drank a bunch of water so we're thinking it was dehydration. Other than that, doing alright. Getting to the point where sleep is getting hard. 

Rants/Raves:
    We're halfway through July, when did that happen?!

Questions:
    Baby registry must haves?

I'm all over the place. Really like 90s hip hop and country, veen listening to a lot of the emo type pop punk stuff from when I was in high school. It all just depends on my mood. 
  • @angieeeeee my must haves are a solid sound machine (I like the Hatch one), a few different brands of pacifiers (my son was picky), a convertible car seat in addition to the infant one since you’ll use both within the first year, swaddle sleep sacks and the wearable blanket ones to use when they transition out of swaddling, and nice nail clippers will save you the anxiety of cutting tiny nails too-the nail Frieda ones are good!  It’s always good to include gift cards on there too to stores that you’ll actually shop at, I ended up with a few Carter’s gift cards and wished I would have had ones to Target or Amazon since I didn’t need more clothes for a while.  
  • natehknatehk member
    EDD/Weeks + Days:
    24+2, November 2

Cantaloupe

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    First timer

Blue

Upcoming Appointments:
    Well I am now on hospital bedrest, so I suppose I have constant appointments!  We checked in Sunday afternoon so have made it through the 1st 24 hours.  

It is very very hard to be in hospital.  Oddly, I'm actually less focused on baby here than I was at home, so I hope once I settle in that changes.  I've been on a mag sulfate IV drip which has made me nauseous, groggy, hot so its been a rough 1st day.  I'm hoping either we can taper this off a bit if baby does OK, or they tell me I will become acclimated.  Its also very hard to be hooked up to the IV all the time - makes hospital more difficult than I thought. 

Rants/Raves:
    No more rants -- trying to stay positive!   

Questions:
    Love all the glider responses!  I'd like to finish my registry while I'm here this week - and the glider is one of the things we're trying to figure out what we want

I'm all over the place as well.  I did start putting together a playlist for myself and to play for baby while I'm here.  I was just thinking how eclectic it was.  I have songs like Can't Help Falling In Love, some Johnny Cash, Indian music, Bruno Mars, Shallow.  And DH and I have started playing Billy Joel's Lullaby to the bump every night.  Its been really sweet.  Any song recommendations for my playlist?   TIA! 
  • natehknatehk member
    Oh by the way @kopp5988 and @creamcheeseplease  congrats on hitting the 24 wk viability mark!   Its been so exciting and a little unbelievable to have made it this far.  
  • @natehk congrats on 24w as well! I'm sorry you're stuck on hospital bed rest but it sounds like a good plan is in place for monitoring. I hope you have some friends/family nearby who can come occupy your time a little!
  • Congrats on on the viability milestone to all of the 24 weekers! Patiently waiting to get there. 

@kopp5988 I got a glider from Target online that I absolutely love. DD was outgrowing the chair in her room so I ordered it and put it together and love it. And the back comes up far enough that I can rest my head. Super easy to put together as well! PS it's cheaper now than it was when I ordered it, sad! https://www.target.com/p/stork-craft-tuscany-white-glider-and-ottoman---slate-gray-swirl/-/A-21485473

EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov. 10, 23+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit? These sizes make no sense to me. 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Boy

Upcoming Appointments: 7/23 for my 24 week check up

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I've been having some lower back pain, as well as weird stomach cramps over the weekend. They seem to have gone away thank goodness. Seriously lacking in the energy department, haha. No real cravings, other than slushie/smoothie type stuff

Rants/Raves: RANT: DD had a bug over the weekend and there was so. much. puke. I felt so badly for her and am so glad she's better now. I was like a zombie Sunday from being up almost all night with her. Had to work from home yesterday because she couldn't go to daycare. RAVE: She is feeling better and back to her spunky self! And I got new maternity pants from Walmart for $14 and they are the best things ever. 

Questions: I posted this in the question thread, but anyone have good advice or resources for an unmedicated delivery? I had an epidural with DD, but think that I would like to try not to with this one. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre? Honestly, I don't really have one. It just depends on my mood. I like hiphop, country, rock, and some emo/punk stuff. Fall Out Boy was, is, and always will be my jam. But Post Malone and George Strait make me happy, too! Makes for an interesting Thumbprint station on Pandora.

• EDD/Weeks + Days:
    24+3, Nov 2

Cantaloupe 🍈 

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    4TM 

Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: 
    25th for level 2 U/S at MFM in Seattle
    29th for regular OB checkup

Tired. I usually try squeezing in a nap between 2-3 in the afternoon.
    Grumpy. I’ve noticed I’ve been short tempered recently. Trying to rein that in.
    Starving. Seriously eating all the time! I’ve been trying hard to eat good things but don’t always succeed.

Rants/Raves:
    Hip hop hooray for viability week! ❤️ 

I’m proud of myself that I haven’t gained any weight yet. I’ve really been trying to fuel my body with good foods and not junk. Been trying to eat as low-carb as possible. (I’m overweight by quite a bit so my doctor told me it was fine not to gain.)

Questions:
    None

I’m the worship leader at my church so I mostly listen to Christian Worship, finding new songs to learn and such :)
  • cl4157cl4157 member
    edited July 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 22+ 5 11/14 Baby is the size of a(n): papaya/grapefruit

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: it’s a girl!

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose 8/9

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Pretty good! Despite having a very sedentary (have barely exercised... maybe twice) last 6 weeks due to travel- looking forward to getting back to normal schedule. I gained a lot of weight during this month- about 10 lbs - from eating regularly but not working out. That has been pretty hard on me emotionally. Only one more long trip for this hectic summer (next week) then I’m done traveling for the rest of the pregnancy.

Rants/Raves: I have GOT to stop spending money HOLY CRAP. Last week was the Bloomingdales sale so I picked up my stroller and car seat system but that ignited me into a binge unlike anything I’ve ever done before. Prime day was just the cherry on top yesterday and today. Downside to all the shopping (besides spending more than I make in a month)-I am obviously officially in baby mode and I hate the house and every room in it, so going through a major reorganization/room planning bug.

Questions: None

showtunes. I love Sirius broadway channel.

@kopp5988 lots of people recommended the pottery barn comfort glider/recliner to me and I went with it. It’s slightly more than the target/wayfair price point but we got one in a natural color which will replace the crappy (not lying) lime green velvet chair in our bedroom once its nursery tenure is up. So we spent a smidge more but it will go a long way.

edit: spacing, darn you mobile safari
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/18, 22 wks, 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Cocunut

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: 24 wk appt on July 31st.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  I’ve had a cold I just can’t shake.  Appetite has returned to normal, no weird cravings.

Rants/Raves: Felt the baby kick from the outside of my belly last night:)

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre?  I have very eclectic musical tastes.  I pretty much like it all.  I’m really feeling Billy Eilish right now.

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/13 (23 weeks)

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: my next OB check up is on the 25th. I woke up with a little bit of spotting this morning so they put me on pelvic rest and restricted my activity, so we will see if there's not another appointment in my future. No one seems too concerned because part of my MFM ultrasound on Monday was vaginal and they think it just caused some irritation.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): my appetite comes and goes randomly. I'm starting to have more trouble sleeping. I still really crave fresh fruits and veggies more than anything.

Rants/Raves: I just want to get into our new house already!!! This nesting urge is really setting in and it's torture... I have had to occupy myself by crocheting a blanket for our little man and doing other small projects because I am on so many physical restrictions.

Questions: none right now

I love all different kinds, so I don't know if I can name one genre. I listen to a lot of (newer) country, hard rock, alternative, some pop. I am all over the place!
  • edited July 2019
    @alwayseloquent Hope all is ok! 

Congrats to all that have made it to 24 weeks! October did a viability celebration thread and I like that idea, might start one here! 

Whew, I've had quite the week. My mom went to the hospital last Friday night and while the acute issue is better, tests revealed some possibly more serious stuff so she's got some follow up tests scheduled 7/30. Just a lot of phone calls and running interference between family this week and man, I'm tired. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/6 24 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe! So big!

FTM/STM/TTM+: First Timer

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: I just went 7/12 for regular check-up and all was fine. I go 8/9 for glucose test and follow up US to see if my previa has resolved. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Pregnancy-wise, good. Just still needing plenty of sleep. 

Rants/Raves: Pretty much just see above. 

Questions: My current fixation is being a little freaked out about my belly button becoming an outie. I think I have a few more weeks before that happens but is it super weird when it does???

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre? I love music and love living in Nashville (Music City)! I'm a big indie music fan and I love 90s grunge from my high school days but if I had to pick a favorite genre I would say Americana/alt-country. Things like Wilco, The Head and the Heart, Jason Isbell, etc. 
  • @runningfortwo81 it may not completely pop and turn into an outie. Last time mine didnt, it just went completely flat and disappeared at the end!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @runningfortwo81 - START IT!! I just hit 24 weeks too and we need some gifs and meme's to celebrate!
  • @runningfortwo81 a viability celebration sounds fun! I'm sorry about your mom's health issues- I hope she's okay!
    And not gonna lie... mine is already an outtie now when I've eaten a lot of food. I hate it. It kinda disappears again if I haven't eaten in awhile or if I'm sitting down. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: November 21st 22 +1

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Pink

Upcoming Appointments: I have  regular appointment on August 7.

Mosstly tired but that’s because of the lack of sleep. I crave pickles. I ate a whole jar the other day.

Rants/Raves: N/A

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What’s your favorite music genre? I pretty much like everything  except  Hard rock, metal, heavy metal. One of my favorite artists is Ed  Sheeran.
  • Thanks @runningfortwo81 and I hope your mom is doing okay! I feel fine and there's no more spotting. I'm just taking it easy until my next appointment.