February 2020 Moms
Options

Fetal age clarification

Hello! 
I am a bit confused by the date I should be using for fetal development. Should I be using the gestational age or the fetal age? My gestational due date is Feb 24th, but I am interested in following along and know really what’s happening with fetus week to week.  What if the fetal age is a week older than conception date? Thanks for answering this nerds questions! 😄

Re: Fetal age clarification

• Options
    Hello! 
    I am a bit confused by the date I should be using for fetal development. Should I be using the gestational age or the fetal age? My gestational due date is Feb 24th, but I am interested in following along and know really what’s happening with fetus week to week.  What if the fetal age is a week older than conception date? Thanks for answering this nerds questions! 😄
    Hello! This might get better answers on the great question thread! But I would go by the due date the doctor gave you! Sometimes it will change once they get to measuring on the ultrasound! I know when I ovulated and it’s about two days off from what the due date going by LMP so they are sticking with the due date from my last period since it’s so close.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    Thank you! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm also very confused by the ages! I thought for sure I was 8 weeks when I had my appointment but baby measured at 7 weeks. This is just all so new to me! Lo
  • Options
    Same @babyroma! And I have a calculator that said 9 weeks, but then 8 weeks 4 days in parentheses. What does that mean? lol
  • Options
    LMP is basing off of women having a 28 day cycle and ovulating on cycle day 14. So for example if you ovulate earlier or later it can throw due date off from last menstrual period vs ovulation :)
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's