March 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Question Thread week of 7/14

RanFan28RanFan28 member
edited July 2019 in March 2020 Moms
Ask your questions here, friends!

Here's Mine:
So, first of all, I apologize for the obnoxiously large picture of my "baby" who is now five that was in my signature. I figured out how to delete that out. From what I can tell, the trend now is to have your signature in a spoiler. Anyone want to try to tell me how to do that? I don't really need a signature, I guess, but it's sort on a nice quick look at each person. I like the "spoiler" though, since you don't see it every time forever and ever amen. 

ETA: Thanks to some replies, I got it figured out! 

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
TTC3: 11.18
BFP: 02.05.19
CP: 03.07.19
*really traumatic recovery*

Re: Weekly Question Thread week of 7/14

• Options
    Hi @ranfan28 This post reminds me--we really should have posted a Weekly Questions thread so ppl don't have to post their own thread for one single question--the board could get super disorganized super quickly if that happened. .....Do you maybe want to edit this into a Weekly question thread (for next week since according to board organization they start on Sundays) by changing the title to Weekly Questions w/o 7/13 & adding something before your question like "Ask your questions here!" ???  (I can teach you to edit posts too! ^_~*)

Anyway, to add a spoiler, highlight what you want in it and then click on the thin that looks like the backwards P to the left of the emojis--choose "spoiler" from the drop down and, voila! I hope this helps!
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom
    I actually think there is a weekly randoms thread. I just didn't think to post there. The board organization things wasn't a thing when I was on Dec. 13. I'll delete this post and repost in weekly randoms, I suppose. 

**TW**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ranfan28 There is a Randoms, but not a Questions!
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I agree that we need a Questions thread! Also, not sure if it needs to be separate, but maybe a FTM Questions for STMs thread? 

@RanFan28 new siggy looks great!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    I don’t even see siggies? Maybe because I’ve only been on here on my phone. Hmm. 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom @stassischroeder Check my work.  :p 

**TW**

• Options
    @miss.sally That was my problem! I got on today via my laptop and was like, "WHOA. That annoying siggy has to GOOOO."

**TW**

• Options
    Is anyone here planning on scoring any maternity/baby stuff on Prime Day(s) next week?  
  • Options
    @keeksie84 I'd LOVE an Ergo Omni 360, and we'll need a bassinet of some kind to replaced the RNP for this baby.... and I'm considering double strollers. BUT, I'm nervous to buy anything until after my first u/s on July 31, so I might have to try to find good deals elsewhere. How about you?

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @stassischroeder I agree that it seems a bit early.  I feel like I'd be jinxing it by shopping before the US on the 26th.  We'll need a double stroller, so I guess it I see an AMAZING deal I might jump on it.  TBH, I haven't done any research though.  I might also look for a second hand stroller instead.  I'm definitely going to check out the sale though.  
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @keeksie84 I've been losing my mind researching double strollers. SO. MANY. OPTIONS. DH isn't convinced that we'll need one, but I can't imagine a 2 yr old (DS) wouldn't still ride in a stoller quite a bit. I agree that second hand is the way to go as long as you can find what you want. I just joined Mercari, and they seem to have a decent amount of nice, second hand baby stuff. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @keeksie84 I’m afraid of jinxing it by buying stuff this early plus we’ll be on vacation so browsing amazon probably won’t be top of our list. At least we still get Black Friday! 

STM+ are double strollers worth it with a toddler who will be 3 when baby is born? Part of me is thinking that I’ll just wear baby and toddler can ride or toddler can walk while baby rides but idk 🤷🏻‍♀️. The double stroller I want is just so expensive (bob dualie). 

Another question: can you have a second Amazon baby registry for the completion discount and if so how? I’m not planning on having a shower this time but I’d love the 10 or 15% off some big items we need (double stroller if we decide to, new video monitor, etc...)
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    I’m definitely worried about shopping this early. I think Black Friday will be the way to go! Also second-hand stuff will be a life saver I think! 

DS is 2 and I keep him in the stroller so often I cannot imagine it’ll be much different in 9 months. Plus he’s like a turtle if I let him walk and nobody has time for that. Also I’d probably need a leash for that kid and that’s also something I’m not willing to do. 😂 

I haven’t done any research on double strollers, but the only stroller I use now is a Bob and I don’t want to go with anything else. So I’ll probably look at some local thrift stores in the next few months. 
  • Options
    @stassischroeder, @varimama, and @miss.sally I'll probably end up posting this again, but have you guys heard of Beyond+ at Bed Bath and Beyond?  You pay $29 a year and get 20% off of everything and free shipping for a year!  It seemed too good to be true, but I signed up and have used it a ton.  It doesn't work at BB Baby, but they have a ton of the same stuff.  Sadly, it doesn't work for any of the big stroller brands, but it does for lots of other stuff (including Ergo 360).

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/loyalty/beyondplus
  • Options
    @keeksie84 that sounds awesome! I may need to do that once we get closer to our due date!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    @stassischroeder @varimama

In my opinion, you need a double stroller for any kids 5 and under. My 4 year old still rides in the double a lot: on walks, at the mall, at amusement parks, etc. 

The options for an infant-inclusive double suck. I had a Graco infant seat so bought a Graco click connect tandem double and dealt with it. But as soon as baby can hold their neck up independently, I highly recommend the Joovy Scooter side by side. It’s about $200 on amazon so a pretty good price comparatively, and it works great. Great storage, awning, pockets, travels well and durable. 
  • Options

@keeksie84 I’m like @stassischroeder and too nervous to buy anything yet… but you better believe I’ll be buying all the things for myself and already born kids today (work is boring this afternoon). Let us know f you find any great deals! Also I said this in another post, but my double strollers are my LIFE! I love love love them and strongly recommend both the Bob Duali and City Jogger City Select with Second Seat attachment!

@varimama YES it is worth it. That Duali is the best purchase I made before my second was born. Sometimes, I just need to walk. Pop DD in there with or without the ipad, pop the baby in to nap and off I go for a 3-5 mile walk with the dog. I also run with it!

@miss.sally LOL little turtle!!! I can relate.

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    I might use Prime Days for pregnancy things but probably not baby things this early.
  • Options
    I have a TB question. Every time I try to click “Love It” on the app, I get an error message saying I need to enable JavaScript. But it’s already enabled on my browser and I can’t figure out how to enable it on the app! Anyone else get this?
  • Options
    @kantobean It's been like that for weeks. You have the wait for the page to load entirely, or it won't let you LT. so for me that means the little X in Chrome next to the URL has to turn to the reload symbol--then I know I can LT w/ out the stupid error message.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom good to know! Ugh I forgot how glitchy and clumsy TB interface is. My last BMB about 30 of us moved to FB around the second tri. I hope we do that here too. 😂

@stassischroeder it only works some of the time for me!! Like less than half the time.
  • Options
    @keeksie84 I am too nervous to buy anything yet. I think I will try to see what big sales there are for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I asked this in the weekly thread but maybe this is a better place. Can symptoms come and go? My boobs were on fire three days ago; today I feel fine. I feel completely normal, in fact, except mildly tender breasts. It makes me nervous (I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow). 
  • Options
    @jpalacios892 That is normal. Boob soreness is only supposed to last a few weeks early on, anyway.
  • Options
    @kantobean I'm really going for a FB migration too! TB is soooo clunky on my phone. 
  • Options
    @jpalacios892 totally normal! Last time for me I had good and bad days and some symptoms would leave and new ones arrive. Right now I think some symptoms may be starting 5w+3 but they come in waves so I’ll feel awful for a bit then totally normal.
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    While I also prefer the interface of FB over TB, moving too early would mean we'd miss people coming across TB later in their pregnancies.  I'm cool with the idea of moving closer to baby time. 
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • Options
    keeksie84keeksie84 member
    edited July 2019
    I should have specified that I'm hoping for FB over TB when the time is right. I think it's well worth it to wait until at least the end of January. I just prefer a Facebook group to a private group on TB. We Def need to weed out the drama. With that said, like @stassischroeder, I wouldn't *hate* a little drama here now to spice things up!

Edited because I forgot how calendars work, lol. 
  • Options
    Yikes! I must have gotten really lucky with F16. No drama after we moved. We have had a few people leave over the years but that’s normal.

I am not at all suggesting a move now...we definitely waited until middle/late second tri last time and I liked that. But I’m happy seeing what others want to do. I’m not super public on FB so honestly there’s nothing I’d be hiding there really. But I know not everyone is like that.
  • Options
    @varimama Do I need to delete the app to use my browser? When I attempt, it brings me right back to the app. 
  • Options
    @keeksie84 I don’t think so, I haven’t deleted the app, I use it for weekly pregnancy updates. Sometimes I get redirected to it but if I do I just go back to safari and it seems to work. I don’t think it’s redirected me in a while so maybe it just needs to “learn” you want to use your browser? I’m not really a technology expert by any means though. If it won’t let you use your browser you could certainly try deleting it and then redownload it later if you still want the app!
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    I tried using my browser and it’s even worse. 😬 It takes forever to load things and I just double-posted a comment by accident. Sheesh.
  • Options
    keeksie84keeksie84 member
    edited July 2019
    I tried deleting my app and it worked,but I still can't love-tit. Grrr...

ETA now I can love-tit...feeling like a crazy person.