March 2020 Moms

Fit Friday 7/12

What have you been doing to stay fit? How did you fare this week? What are your plans this weekend &/or what improvements do you plan to make next week?

Re: Fit Friday 7/12

• I've done 3 days of light cardio this week on the treadmill and stair-climber. I plan on getting back into my pure barre classes this weekend. 

@varimama Enjoy your vacation!! =)
  • Loading the player...
  • I had been out of the habit of exercising/working out for almost a year when we got the BFP, and I was normally a CG girl, so I don't feel like I can go back to that intensity now. I own Piyo, and I think I am going to start that again, especially in this summer HEAT!

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• @varimama I think (god willing) after this child is born, I am going to start using Beach Body on Demand! 

As for me, I'm a runner. With my first pregnancy, I ran 6 miles the day I went into labor! I hope to maintain the same here. I ran MTW and this morning, and rested Friday. Will run tomorrow and/or Sunday... also doing goat yoga tomorrow :smile: I haven't had to slow my pace yet, but I imagine I will when bigger by 10-20 seconds a mile. Literally don't care! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 I love Beachbody on Demand and there are so many different programs there must be one for everyone! Also go you for running, can’t believe you ran the day you went into labor, you must be superwoman! I really struggle with running and according to my doctor I have a legit issue that makes it hard for me and most likely won’t get better. I wish I could be a runner but I’ve found some of my more intense Beachbody exercise still give me an endorphin rush! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I had just started a pretty intense program with a good friend who trains NFL/NHL players when I got my BFP. He says he will modify for me so that I can continue, but I’ve been way too tired. I’m hoping I’ll be able to at least get in a couple of days a week. 
  • Good on y’all, for running and beach body!
    AFM, I’m just hoping to get out and walk more. I’d love to find some free online workouts to do at home. I was paying for daily burn and shine dance fitness, but I couldn’t justify the cost when I wasn’t using them. 😬 My hospital offers a prenatal yoga series that I may sign up for, if I can make it work with my schedule. 
    I’m stopping WW, since I’m no longer really striving for weight loss, and there’s no pregnancy program. 
    I did some prenatal meditation last time around, and I’ll probably pick that up again since it helped me relax and sleep. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @MrsVP614 I’m so impressed you lost 35 pounds with WW. That was my goal, but I’ll take what I can get with my 15. For now I am going to continue. In the past my dr has encouraged me to continue at least for a while (I’m still well into the overweight BMI unfortunately), so I’ll see what she says when I go in at 8 weeks. It sucks that WW doesn’t have a pregnancy plan, but I know a bunch of women just switch to maintenance, so that’s my plan at whatever point my doctor says I should not be losing. My first two pregnancies I gained ten pounds each time, so that’s going to be my goal this time too. I just want to be in good health since chasing two (soon to be three!) kids around all day is no joke. 
  • Running and strength training! I have been meeting with a personal trainer and I really hope to get 3 more sessions in before I start feeling like total crap. 😂 First pregnancy I was exhausted and nauseous by 5weeks.
  • @MrsVP614 (or anyone?) Is there, like, a .... "too early" for taking for a pre-natal yoga class? There's one happening tomorrow and I'm like "is it foolish of me to go to it?" I rarely ever do classes and usually do youtube videos, but I feel like I've been having some sciatic nerve pains, and going to an actual class rather than winging it on my own like I usually do might be helpful for me. I think I might call them tomorrow and ask?

AFM, I haven't been doing much this week for various reasons in terms of working out, but I did do a super brief youtube yoga session this morning and when DH wakes up from his, uh, late morning nap, I am going to see if he'll walk with me since it's not raining rn and supppperrrrrrrrrr nice outside, which it never is, bc I live in a very very very hot climate. Hoping that my past two weeks of, like, not being great at keeping up with working will not be predictive of the coming week and that I can get back into my yoga/walking. I made a list of prenatal/gentle youtube vids that I can do, so that is helpful. 
  • @kagesstarshroom I would just go to a regular yoga class. At this point there’s nothing you “can’t” do and you might feel weird in the prenatal yoga class with moms much further along. Although I bet it would be good for your sciatica. I remember prenatal yoga as being a lot of cat-cow and hip exercises. I really enjoyed it in the second and third trimesters.
  • pp320pp320 member
    I’ve been walking on the treadmill and doing Beachbody- had just started my third round of LIIF when I found out.  I am a 5am girl, but the struggle is real with this tired feeling so I haven’t been at much as I was.  Going to go to bed much earlier this week, hopefully that will help!

• @kagesstarshroom I agree with @kantobean and feel like a regular yoga class is just fine right now.
    I'd also be interested in seeing your Youtube list, if you're willing to share. :) 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @stacey6689 I love barre! My last pregnancy, I did Bar Method (they have great modifications for pregnant ladies) up until the day before I had Jack. The studio by me unfortunately doesn’t have childcare so I don’t think I can do barre this time around. 

Since my first, I have been lazy AF. But I want baby number 2 to have all the same benefits as my first so I plan to start exercising while Jack naps. We are on vacation right now though, so I’m gonna delay exercise by one more week  ;)
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @silverhope It's such a good workout. I recently printed out some of the recommended barre modifications. I'm so happy this is something I can continue to do. I actually took a class yesterday and there was a women in class who was 7 months and every once in awhile I glanced over at her to see what modifications she was doing. lol