January 2020 Moms
Options

FFFC 7/12

As always, not guaranteed to be flame free

Re: FFFC 7/12

• Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited July 2019
    I'm planning on forcing myself to work until January 1st (unless there's a reason I absolutely can't) just so I can take advantage of WA's new parental leave that doesn't go into effect until Jan 1st. The real FFC is that I am taking "leave" but I have no intention of going back. 😏 

Edit: WA new parental leave gives me 12 weeks paid time off.
  • Options
    Its a public holiday today & monday, so were at my parents. I went back to bed this morning & had a 3 hour nap & left my mum & husband deal with day 1 of potty training dd. #sorrynotsorry
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @peppyj9 I had to pick now to leave WA....I only get 12 weeks unpaid and probably will only take 8 weeks since I have to teach spring term. Definitely jealous!

My FFC is sometimes I say I'm going to work from home when I actually go home to nap lol. Not that it matters because I still have to get the work done but still feels devious!
  • Options
    @peppyj9 - Totally jealous of your paid maternity leave. I get 12 unpaid, but I'm only taking 6 weeks since I will probably only be able to cover 3-4 weeks with combined vacation, sick time, and personal days.

@leprechaunlady @biolprof - Naps are never flame worthy. Sleep on!
  • Options
    @marebear15 it's brand new and pretty incredible. I just found out about it last month from my OB. I really lucked out with the timing of this pregnancy! Hopefully all 50 states will implement something similar in the future.  I feel very fortunate.