November 2019 Moms

*** Stranger Things Thread ***

mc0303mc0303 member
edited July 2019 in November 2019 Moms
Thread to talk about all things Stranger Things! I love binge-ing, but hate when it's over! 

1) how many episodes of season 3 have you watched?

2) who's your favorite character?

While we wait for everyone to finish Season 3, we should probably add a Spoiler Warning or use the spoiler function! 

Re: *** Stranger Things Thread ***

• mc0303mc0303 member

All of them!! Give me more!! I was on vacation over the 4th and I'm not proud to say that MH and I stayed in each night to watch more episodes.

Steve-the-Hair Harringtonnnnn <3
  • edited July 2019
    Just started last night! We're only 3 episodes in.. I get tired early, lol.  In terms of these episodes (putting in spoiler even though it is v. general)

I thought it was a little slow to start off but now it's getting going!

googling for a pic gave me a potential spoiler, oops

• Loading the player...
  • 1) how many episodes of season 3 have you watched? I started episode 3 last night and then looked down and realized it was 10 already so I had to turn it off. 

2) who's your favorite character? I also like Steve. His character is so goofy and he seems totally different from the guy he was introduced as in season 1. 

My thoughts on the episodes so far... 

first, why would they name a device cerebro? That along with the creature putting something to Billy’s face like On the movie Aliens, it seems like they are sorta copying other shows. Those 2 things just made me immediately think of other movies and I hate when that happens while I’m watching a show. 
    The rats are disgusting. What has happened to them for them to explode and then become one of those creatures? 

• mc0303mc0303 member

@creamcheeseplease I agree that the pacing is slower than normal! It definitely felt different from the other 2 seasons b/c everyone is off doing separate things

@emeraldcity1214 It definitely borrows a lot from other movies. I can see how that is annoying! 

And yes - those rats ARE SO GROSS. I hated the sound effects. And I just hate rats. I just involuntarily shuddered thinking about them. 

• I'm 5 episodes in! My husband is out of town tonight darn it so no catching up for me yet! 

Steve is totally my favorite, I'm so glad they changed him up in Season 2! I also love Joyce, she's such a sweet Mom even though she's totally neurotic!

I'll hold off on thoughts until I catch up!
  • I just watched episode 3. 

The way Will senses the Thing, or “him,” is the same sorta thing that was going on with HP and Voldemort. So now, they have copied things from X-Men, Aliens, and now HP. Lol, that’s a lot and we are just 3 episodes in. 

• About episode 3

Yeah I totally agree with emerald that the "sensing him"/ "prickles on the neck thing" is very similar to what Harry had in HP. 

Further comments re: the kids/their interactions/storylines/rats

I have to say I am not that big of a fan of the split storyline with Dustin off on one thing and the other kids on the other. I think part of what made ST so fun in previous seasons was the interaction between all the kids. I realize also that they are all getting older, so in some ways it makes sense to have a split and a "relationship/girls" storyline, but it also feels a little trite to me. The rats are absolutely disgusting and I frankly think a lot of the grossness is gratuitous (exploding rats etc) but I may be in the minority here. MH loves that sort of gory stuff in his moves/shows.

• @creamcheeseplease

i have only gotten to episode 3 so don’t tell me, lol, but I am waiting for that woman to explode now. Or maybe something will just explode out of her chest like in Aliens. 🤔😂
  • @mc0303 please tell me the other ones that you have noticed. 
  • mc0303mc0303 member
    @emeraldcity1214 it’s later in the season so I’ll save it :)
  • @mc0303 Now I have something to be looking for. 😊
  • I just watched episode 4 and I have no words for what I saw at the end. Just. So. Weird. 😳
  • I just finished episode 6. 

The way they all exploded and joined the Flayer is disgusting. So disgusting. I’m glad Steve didn’t lose a fingernail. That was horrible to watch too. The way Billy was treated as a child was also horrible to watch. Then I thought Elle was going to be stuck in that other dimension with The Flayer while the others went to the “source.” 

I have 2 more episodes and then I’m done. 
  • I've been avoiding this thread but we finished Stranger Things last night. I love Steve, poor Steve lol I love the show and it's so weird it's good. Isn't a lot of the gratuitous gore kind of an 80's horror thing? Major spoiler in the spoiler that I'm hoping I did correctly 🤪

Hopper is def not dead, right?! The credits scene made that obvious I think but how did he pull that off? Did he jump into the crevice before they blew up the machine? And did that lead directly to Russia?? Lol

• I will try to watch the last episode today. DH isn’t caught up though so if we sit down together I will have to wait. 
  • @ABabyMarshall

i agree, he isn’t dead. He is the American in the cell. I have no clue how it happened but I’m so glad he isn’t dead. He is one of my favorite characters.