January 2020 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in July

EDD/Weeks + Days:

Size of baby:

How are you feeling?

Questions for STM+?

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy?

Re: FTM Check-in July

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Jan 17, 12+4

Size of baby: as tall as a kitkat bar. :P 

How are you feeling? Annoyed at food aversions. I stuck to dried cranberries for dinner last night because the salads were just making me gag for dinner. No happy about that. But I'll just eat what I can for now.

Questions for STM+? When (or if at all) did you join mom groups on facebook. I joined one in my local area (pending approval) but I still feel like a fake yet because I don't have a baby yet. LOL. But I also just moved less than a year ago to our state/city so I'm eager to meet other girlfriends in similar points in life to me. Maybe I'm just overthinking this.

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy? Nothing official. Though I guess I started a group chat for the grandmas and me to share updates and stuff easier. And letting the unsolicited advice from them begin LOL.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @stashattack , same due date here! I haven't noticed any food aversions yet or any cravings really. One change though is I get hungry (like ravenously HUNGRY) out of nowhere, but get full after just a few bites.

EDD: 1/17

Baby the size of a kitkat bar

I'm feeling tired. Sooo tired! It's been difficult to make through my work days. Nausea is getting better, heartburn is getting worse. My sleeping has been awful (tossing and turning), so I'm thinking I'll need one of those pregnancy pillows.

Question for STM: when will I get energy back? Please tell me I'm almost there! 

I'm not doing anything to capture the pregnancy. The week we found out I was pregnant (5 wks) I bought a pregnancy journal. I'm scared to write in it because I've been having so many complications. I started out with low progesterone. Then I developed a large subchorionic hematoma and my OB told me it's likely my pregnancy won't continue. That was 2.5 weeks ago and we're still hanging in there! My MFM dr told me to hold off on announcing and on buying anything for the baby. So far this pregnancy has been filled with more abject fear than joy, and I'm not sure I sure document all that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @noranorabobora yay due date twins!! Yeah the meat food aversion just won't go away. and I miss meat so much. But it just makes me gag unless it's in soup. IDK what about soup that makes meat ok, but apparently that's baby's (and yes I prefer to blame baby not hormones :P) preferred method of meat consumption.
  • Options
    @stashattack - I'm a member of a couple of Facebook groups, but only one is local. I joined one that came from TB, one that was for September babies using the Wonder Weeks app, and the local one was a LLL group. The only one I joined before I had my baby was from here. 
    I wouldn't think you were a fraud or anything if you joined while pregnant. You can gain a lot of valuable information through mom groups about hospitals and doctors in your area, or even just buying clothes and other items.

@noranorabobora - I started getting back my energy around week 14, and was definitely feeling more myself by week 17.
  • Options
    @stashattack I haven't had any food aversions perse, but I've noticed that I can't do leftovers anymore. Like once I've had a meal, I'm good on that particular food for a few days. It's hard though because I'm not that creative with meal planning and half the time I end up just snacking on crackers or making some sort of pasta, which is the one thing I can eat multiple times, depending on the sauce. 

@noranorabobora I'm sorry you haven't been able to really celebrate your pregnancy yet. Hopefully as you get further along you'll be able to start planning properly. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: Jan 24/11wks4days

Size of baby: fig

How are you feeling? Just anxious for my ultrasound tomorrow 

Questions for STM+? Did any of you have freak out moments about becoming a mom? Every now and again I have a mini panic attack like "omg, can I really do this mom thing?"

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy? Not yet. I'm just kind of waiting until I hit 2nd tri and then I might start vlogging or something. Mainly because my husband bought me a really nice camera 2 Christmas's ago when I wanted to do YouTube and now it collects dust and he makes me feel guilty for it every now and then so I have to be like "see babe, I'm using my camera!" 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 yup. I have the imma be a terrible mom thought about once a week. Especially when I remember I'm an only and never changed a diaper in my life. I feel like I'm screwed LOL.
  • Options
    @peppyj9 I’m still feeling that way and ds is 4. I don’t think it ever goes away. Youll always question if you’re doing things wrong, if you’re screwing your kid up. You will forever worry about everything. That’s pretty much being a parent. 
  • Options
    I've heard that being pregnant is like holding your breath for 9 months in hopes that everything will be fine. Then once you give birth parenting is like holding your breath for 20 years 😜😜
  • Options
    @peppyj9 i still freak out about my capabilities as a mum & dd is 2.5 now! Never not winging it! You'll be great!
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited July 2019
    @peppyj9 - Exactly what @kbrown2385 said. That thought really never goes away. At first you are like, "I don't know how to get this baby to eat/sleep/burp", then it turns into "how to I get this kid to eat veggies/potty train/not be afraid of the dark" and so on, until your kid leaves home.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11 + 4

Size of baby: Tall as a Bobby pin? 

How are you feeling? Feeling okay. I tend to get nauseated when I'm tired and I have had to work a lot these last few days so I am tired and nauseated...

Questions for STM+? Honestly I don't know what I even don't know. I feel so unprepared and now that we are leaving the first trimester, I feel like I need to start getting my butt in gear but I don't even know when I should start or timelines for getting/doing things? So this is all very vague? So I guess my question, what are the essentials I need to plan for and when do I plan them? 

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy? Nope...maybe I should but I'm not that into stuff I guess.
  • Options
    @stashattack I've had food aversions for weeks now. I hate it!

@peppyj9 vlogging the experience sounds so fun!

EDD/Weeks + Days: Jan31. 11W+1

Size of baby: as tall as a Lego man

How are you feeling? Queasy and tired which is why I haven't been participating here. & i think my moodiness is starting up. I don't like it. I don't want to be mean. 

Questions for STM+? What was the best support you had when you were a ftm? Did you also feel clueless? 

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy? only taking little notes about what I'm feeling/ have been doing on one of those weekly planners. only started recently. 
  • Options
    biolprof said:
    Honestly I don't know what I even don't know. I feel so unprepared and now that we are leaving the first trimester, I feel like I need to start getting my butt in gear but I don't even know when I should start or timelines for getting/doing things? So this is all very vague? So I guess my question, what are the essentials I need to plan for and when do I plan them? 

I feel you.
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited July 2019
    @biolprof - Search "baby essentials" on Pinterest or YouTube. Also, starting a baby registry like at Target that goes by categories will help you think through all your options. And you really have to tailor it to yourself. A lot of lists said that a diaper pail isn't necessary, but DH has a very sensitive nose, so we decided on that. Many lists will have the bare minimum of baby clothes that you need, but I only do laundry once a week, so I had to get double or triple what they said. 
    As for timing, I did all of my shopping after we found out the gender at 18 weeks. I found I couldn't plan really well until then.

@ang3lbb - Google was my best friend as a FTM. Also the Facebook spin off group from my last BMB had about half STMs, so that was very helpful. Also, I joined a Wonder Weeks app Facebook group that was larger, and that was able to give me a lot of broad advice from other moms.