February 2020 Moms
Options

Monday Motivation

How are you staying motivated? I know at this point it's like "what is motivation?" LOL.

TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Monday Motivation

• Options
    By knowing that I have no control over most of what is going on so the stuff I do have control over I want done the way I feel it should.  No energy to clean the whole house, clean the area that my kids are spending the most time in so they stay healthy.
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    I have to make to do lists or I just respond to fires and that is it. I need to use my planner more. My goal for July is "survive". Does anyone use a bullet journal?
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m doing one task a day. Yah, a lot needs to be done around the house. But I mowed the lawn after I dropped off DS, and that will have to do. Laundry can be done tomorrow.
  • Options
    @leksiL Same! I have to make lists. Nothing feels better than crossing stuff off. I have struggled with motivation since getting pregnant, but trying to go easy on myself since I haven’t felt well. I usually give myself little rewards between tasks, like jumping on The Bump or Instagram for a few minutes. 
  • Options
    I am refusing to sit down until I actually feel tired, because once I sit I will feel tired and lose all motivation. I also decided to break laundry into chunks because I have been burning out about halfway through for the last few weeks. So today is towels and if I still feel like doing it when they are done I will do a load of underwear. The rest can wait for tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I worked out yesterday. Weekly goals completed.

Seriously though my DH is between jobs and has been doing 100% of everything while I rest and go to bed early every day. He just got an offer last Friday and we're waiting to find out his start date. I'm selfishly hoping it isn't until Aug 1 so that he can be my house husband until first tri is over.

I'm in a terrible mood, but I'm at my desk, wearing pants, and answering my emails in a timely fashion so this is as good as it's getting!
  • Options
    @leksiL I was into planners and bullet journalling before pregnancy, but lately I haven't had the energy and motivation to make more than a minimal effort. Just trying to survive July.
  • Options
    @craftywitch my husband is also in between jobs and when he isn’t in interviews, he is my houseboy! I only had to change 2 diapers last week! I am loving it, but know it will come to an end soon.